考博报班 加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 每日签到
主题 : OECD says Unemployment Will Continue to Rise
级别: 管理员
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2009-09-18   

OECD says Unemployment Will Continue to Rise

Despite reports that many industrialized economies are beginning to emerge from their worst economic crisis in decades, unemployment is rising and will likely reach a historic peak of nearly 10 percent next year. The findings come from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development in Paris. uz3cho'  
  经济合作与发展组织星期三报告说,工业化国家的失业率仍在增加,而且有可能在明年达到近10%的历史最高水平,尽管不断有报道说,很多工业化国家正在走出几十年来最严重的经济危机。 >@N.jw>#T  
DwBe_h.  
  Indications that unemployment continues to rise is grim news for leaders heading to the G-20 summit in the United States next week. The Paris-based Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development reports unemployment reached its highest level among industrialized nations of 8.5 percent in July. ?qQ{]_q1&.  
  对于下个星期到美国出席20国集团峰会的各国领导人来说,失业率继续上升真是个坏消息。总部设在巴黎的经合组织说,工业化国家的失业率已经在今年7月份达到8.5%的最高水平。 G" r{!IFL  
\%r#>8c8  
  OECD unemployment division chief Stephan Scarpetta says the number of jobless among the OECD's 30 member countries is expected to climb even higher next year, to nearly 10 percent. That translates into 57 million people out of work. @5Z|e  
  经合组织就业分析和政策部主任斯蒂芬.斯卡皮塔(Stephan Scarpetta)指出,经合组织30个成员国中的失业人数预计在明年将进一步攀升,达到接近10%的水平。也就是说,工业化国家总共会有5千7百万人失去工作。 U`*we43  
ir^d7CV,   
  "Unfortunately, despite the most recent indicators that suggest the [economic] recovery may be in sight somewhat earlier than we were expecting only a few months ago, it will take far [longer] for the recovery to materialize in terms of significant improvement in the labor market," he said. i}T* | P  
  “不幸的是,尽管最近绝大多数指标都显示,经济复苏可能已经出现,比我们几个月前的预期有所提前,但是这次复苏可能需要更长的时间才能转化成劳工市场的显著改善。” M.g2y&8  
v8-szW) .  
  The United States, Spain and Ireland are among those countries with the fastest rising unemployment. All three were affected by the collapse of high housing prices. The damage spread to other sectors of the economy. 8i6iynR  
  美国、西班牙和爱尔兰是OECD成员中失业率上升最快的国家。这三个国家都受到高昂的房地产价格暴跌的影响。而且房地产市场崩溃所造成的破坏扩散到了经济的其他领域。 u/tJ])~@  
GVT 6cR  
  Scarpetta says young people are among the hardest hit. In Spain, for example, more than one in three young workers are unemployed. i%yKyfD  
  斯卡皮塔指出,年轻人受到的冲击最大。比如在西班牙,三分之一以上的年轻人找不到工作。 Yte*$cJ=  
http://res.iciba.com/voanews/bbc_a/200909/sy20090917a.mp3 1XS~b-St  
  So as world leaders discuss the financial and economic crisis during their meeting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Scarpetta says it is important they also address the social dimensions of the crisis - like unemployment. 51}C`j|V3{  
  他说,当世界领袖们在宾夕法尼亚州的匹兹堡开会讨论金融和经济危机的时候,至关重要的是,他们需要关注这次危机对社会的影响,尤其是失业问题。 `_ ^I 2  
@#wG)TA  
  "The good news is that countries have already acted quite quickly and decisively, I would say," he said. "Part of the stimulus packages have been additional resources for labor markets and social policies." @Hj]yb5  
  “好消息是:各国已经迅速和果断地采取了行动。他们经济刺激计划的一部分就是在劳工市场和社会政策方面提供更多的资源。” .Z 7t E?  
T:j41`g%s  
  But efforts by governments to extend and prolong unemployment benefits, and to offer more job counseling and training have not kept up with the rising numbers of jobless. Scarpetta says that means countries will need to target their resources more selectively and to ensure that the most vulnerable members of the labor force benefit. |TJ gH<I  
  可问题是,各国政府虽然扩大和延长了失业补贴的发放,并且提供了更多的就业咨询和培训,但是这些措施并没有赶上失业人口的增加。斯卡皮塔表示,各国因此而需要更有选择性地分配资源,以确保劳工队伍中最为脆弱的群体能够得到帮助。
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

描述
快速回复

验证问题:
免费考博网网址是什么? 正确答案:freekaobo.com