考博报班 加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 每日签到
主题 : Do you want to get a vaccination or not?
级别: 管理员
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2009-10-31   

Do you want to get a vaccination or not?

“要不要去接种流感疫苗?”这是苏志顺和他的室友们在“卧谈会”上的一个论题。9月28日这天,他们刚接到关于接种甲型H1N1流感疫苗的通知。 EC\@$Fg  
  Do you want to get a vaccination or not? That`s the sort of question that Su Zishun and his dorm-mates chat about before going to sleep. They got a notice about the A(H1N1) influenza vaccine on September 28. PZ/ tkw  
   xlZh(pf  
  苏志顺是青岛大学数字媒体专业的大三学生,同时也是第十一届山东全运会的一名志愿者。他和另外377名学生一起,率先决定接种流感疫苗。 Dh^l :q+c  
  Su, a junior in digital media at Qingdao University, volunteered to work for the 11th National Games in Shandong. He and 377 other students were among the first to make the decision about getting vaccinated. npeL1zO-$  
   -)%\$z  
  他说:“我之前不想尝试这个,因为相关的药物测试还不健全,直到现在,我依然不确定是否应该接种疫苗。” (w-"1(  
  I didn`t want to try it, since the tests aren`t complete, he said. "I`m still not sure whether I need to be vaccinated." *ssw`}yE'  
   M"]?'TMfXc  
  尽管政府官员们一再表示疫苗是安全的,但还是有相当一部分学生犹豫不决。 HCr}| DxyK  
  There`s a certain amount of ambivalence among students, even though government officials have repeatedly said that the vaccine is safe. # N3*SE  
   y:\<FLR}j  
  面对国内大众,秉着完全自愿与免费的原则,儿童和老人是第一批接种疫苗的人群。 !=30s;-  
  Kids and the elderly are in the first group to receive the vaccine, which is totally voluntary and free to the public in China. Sy?^+JdM/  
   c2V_|oL  
  来自7个省份、不同年龄层的约13000名志愿者已经投入到甲流疫苗的测试工作中。约两个月前,他们接受了第一次甲流疫苗接种;21天后,超过85%的志愿者对这种新型流感病毒菌株显示出了免疫力。甲流疫苗专家小组组长赵凯表示:“试验结果已表明,中国的甲流疫苗是有效的。” ]pNM~,  
  Some 13,000 volunteers, across all age brackets, in seven provinces, have taken part in A(H1N1) vaccine tests. They got their first shot to test the vaccine about two months ago, and, after 21 days, more than 85 percent showed an immunity to this novel flu strain. "The results have shown that the Chinese vaccine is effective," said Zhao Kai, head of the team of A(H1N1) flu vaccine scientists. mmwc'-jU:  
   n jd2  
  但也有一些专家对疫苗的测试表示质疑。华中科技大学同济医学院流行病学专家李国光表示:“在推广一种疫苗前,我们需要足够的临床试验,同时还需要半年到一年的临床观察期。” k4&adX@ Y  
  However, some experts have doubts about the testing. "Before promoting a certain vaccine, we need sufficient clinical trials, and a period of clinical observation – from half a year to a year," said Li Guoguang, an epidemiologist at Huazhong Science and Technology University`s Tongji Medical College. @}jg5}  
   &T-:`(  
  但整个国家等不及了。随着甲流感染人数的上升,中国正面临着严峻的挑战。在上个月的新闻发布会上,卫生部卫生应急办公室副主任梁万年指出,今冬甲型H1N1流感的绵延可能会导致数以千万的人受到感染。 xe OfofC(l  
  But the country can`t wait. China faces a serious challenge with the number of A(H1N1) infections. Liang Wannian, a deputy director of the Health Ministry`s emergency services office, told a press conference last month that the A(H1N1) flu pandemic could hit tens of millions of people in China this coming winter. bHq.3;  
   >WO;q  
  而也有一部分学生认为,媒体是在刻意提高甲流的警戒级别以吸引更多的读者。华北电力大学大二学生卜春梅说:“这不过是一起商业事件。我不认为他们会考虑到我们的利益。”《每日经济新闻》表示,到今年年底,甲流疫苗产业价值将达到30亿元。而目前,只有11家制药公司被授权生产该疫苗。 %Lx#7bR U  
  Some students, however, think the media are raising the threat level to get more viewers. "It`s just a commercial thing. I`m not sure they have our interests in mind," said Bu Chunmei, a sophomore in North China Electric Power University. National Business Daily says the A(H1N1) vaccine business will be worth 3 billion yuan by the end of the year. So far, only 11 Chinese pharmaceutical companies are licensed to produce it. k'.cl^6Z8  
   (xfy?N  
  18岁的马东是卜春梅的同学,上个月他同大约39000名北京市民一起,接种了甲流疫苗。他表示:“卫生部长陈竺率先试种,所以我信任该疫苗。” Ma Dong, 18, Bu`s classmate, got the inoculation last month, along with some 39,000 Beijing residents. "It not only protects me, but the people around me," said Ma. "Chen Zhu, the health minister, got the first shot, so I trust the vaccine." `0s3to% 7  
   xNY&*jI  
  尽管如此,在实施大规模疫苗接种计划过程中,据媒体报道,全国已出现超过150例不良反应。政府当局表示这些不良反应可能是由于接种人的健康状况、体质或者现有条件等多方面因素导致的。但是“这都与疫苗的品质无关”。 hRKJKQ@7  
  However, more than 150 cases of adverse reactions have been reported nationwide during the mass vaccination program. Chinese authorities say that this could have been caused by many factors, such as the state of the person`s health or physiology or existing conditions. But it "had nothing to do with the quality of the vaccine." S]E|a@kD3  
   u<"-S63+  
  不过,随着甲流疫苗被配送到更多的城市,有更多的学生需要做出决定。 o7tlkSZ  
  Yet, as the vaccine is distributed in more cities, more students need to make a decision. m k~F@  
   MG&vduu  
  北京协和医学院疾病控制专家黄建始表示:“小规模的试验和大规模的推广完全是两码事。在试验范围内甲流疫苗可以说基本可靠,但是很难说它是不是适合所有的人。” R8.@5g_  
  The pilot project and public distribution can be totally different. It was basically safe under test conditions, but it`s hard to say if it`s suitable for everyone, said Huang Jianshi, a disease control expert at Peking Union Medical College Hospital. r"L:Mu  
   H(?+-72KX  
  黄建始说:“疫苗试验不同于化学试验,每个人应当根据自己的身体条件来决定是否接种。” DbI)tDi5D  
  Vaccine tests are different from chemical experiments, Huang said. "Each person should make the decision based on their own physical condition." CC6]AM(i  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

描述
快速回复

验证问题:
免费考博网网址是什么? 正确答案:freekaobo.com