级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2016-05-11   
来源于 考博试题 分类

2012年复旦大学考博英语试卷

2012年复旦大学考博英语试卷 :hB/|H*=  
`Et)@{iP  
词汇 uH S)  
1 It was very difficult to find the partsneeded to do the job because of  the  ______ ).e_iE[&  
  waythe store was organized. XOK.E&eilj  
A logical    B  haphazard  C  orderly  D  tidy F[mL_JU  
2 Mississippialso uplolds the South’s well-deserved reputation for warm,hospitablepeople;balmy year-round weather;and truly______cuisine. :clMO|  
A destructive  B horrible    C    amiable  D delectable CL oc  
3 If she is stupid,she’s _____pleasant tolook at. 9 T#d.c24  
A at any rate   B by chance C at a loss      D by the way =NxT9$V  
4 The mother was_____with grief when sheheard that her child was dead. $ \0)~cy  
A fantastic    B frank     C frantic        D  frenzy ib8@U}Vn1  
5 In your teens,peer-group friendships may _____from parents as themajor influence on you. q_K8vGm4e  
A take control  B take place C take up      D take over R,?7|x  
6 Parents often faced the ___between doingwhat they felt was good for the development of the child and what they couldstand by way of undisciplined noise and destructiveness. k_$:? $  
A paradox     B junction    C premise     D dilemma ]p C/6'  
7 There have been demonstrationson the streets____the recent terrorist attack. 7jP C{W  
A in the wake of     B in the course of |c,,*^  
C in the context of    D in the light of (F9U`1~4  
8 Thousands of Medicare patientswith chronic medical conditions have been wrongly_____access to necessary care. _GSl}\  
A grudged  B denied       C negated    D invalidated qBL >C\V +  
9 It has been proposed by many linguiststhat human language______,our biologically programmed abilith to use language,is still not well defined and understood. G*.}EoA  
A potentiality   B perception   C faculty  D  acquisition @*kQZRGK7  
10 Western medicine,_______science andpracticed by people with academic internationally accepted medical degrees,isonly one of many systems of healing. KneCMFy  
A  rootedin     B originated from    C trapped in       D indulged in L} r#KfIb  
11 When I asked if a black politician couldwin in France,however,he responded _____:”No,conditions are different here.” ?QuD:v ck  
A ambiguously   B implicitly   C unhesitatingly   D optimistically uEqL Dg  
12 The development of staff cohesion and asense of team effort in the workplace can be effectively _______by the use ofhumor. ^5n"L2 9V  
A acquainted  B installed   C regulated    D facilitated Te&F2`vo  
13 In both Americaand  Europe,itis _____to tip the waiter or waitress anywhere from 10%  to 20%. #qqIOjS^w  
A elementary  B temporary  C voluntary  D customary ?86q8E3;&  
14 Such an approach forces managers tocommunicate with one another and helps______rigid departmental borndaries. LDilrG)  
A pass over   B stand for C break down    Dset off M'gw-^(  
-L=aZPW`M  
15 As a teenager,I was_____by a blindpassion for a slim star I would never meet in my life. UbDRzum  
A pursued B seduced  C consumed   D guaranteed <7-Qn( m,  
16 His originality as a composer is____bythe following group of songs. Lh eOGM  
A exemplified  B created C performed  D realized RE~9L5i5  
17 They are going to London,buttheir______destination is Rome. dV_ClH &)  
A ultimate B prime  C  next  D  cardinal $,Q0ay  
18 The poor old man was _____with diabetesand without proper treatment he would lose his eyesight and become crippledvery soon. A{3VTe4TV  
A suffered B afflicted  C induced  D infected J0xV\O !e  
19 The bribe and the bridegroom wereoverwhelmed in happiness when their family offered to take them to Rome to _______themarriage. jhU'U An  
A terminate B   initiate   Cconsummate    D separate `x b\)  
20 Join said that the richer countries ofthe world should make a _____effort to help the poorer countries. k'H+l]=  
A futile B glittering    C frantic    D concentrated UEkn@^&bg  
21 The problem is inherent and  _______in any democracy,but it has been moresevere in ours during the past quarter-century because of the near universaldenigration of government,politics and politicians. ep|>z#1  
A perishable  B periodical C  perverse   D perennial v D"4a w  
22As is known to all ,____commodities willdefinitely do harm to our life sooner or later. \9r1JP0  
A counterfeit   B fake C imitative  D fraudulent W@"s~I6  
23 It would be _____to think that thiscould solve all the area’s problems straight away. Y8$Y]2  
A subtle Bfeeble   C nasty  D naïve q6R``  
24It is surprising that such aninnocent-looking man should have____such a crime. 'E _M, Y  
A confirmed B clarified  C committed  D converyed l~_] k  
25 Hummans are ___,which enables them tomake dicisions even when they can’t justify why. v@_^h}h/,=  
A rational B  reasonable  C hesitant  D  intuitive M`_RkDmy<  
26 More than 100____cats that used to roamthe streets in a Chinese province have now been collected and organized into atram to fight  rodents that are destroyingcrops. H rMH  
A loose B tamed  C wild D stary p]z< 43O$  
27 To say that his resignation was a shockwould be an______-------it caused panie. ~f:y^`+Q[  
A excuse B indulgence  C exaggeration  D understatement r .&<~x  
28 Here the burden of his thought is thatthe philosopher ,aiming at truth,must not ____the seduction of trying to writebeautifully. _f^JXd,7v  
A subject to B carry on C yield to D aim at fLGZ@-qA0  
29 I found the subject very difficult ,andat one time thought I should have to give it up,but you directions are so clearand ____that I have succeeded in getting a picture we all think pretty,thoughwanting in the tender grace of yours. ^v5v7\!  
A on the point     B off the point    C to the point      D up to a point WR5@S&fU`  
30 They both watched as the crime scenetechnicians took samples of various fibers and bagged them,dusted forfingerprints,took pictures and tried to _____what  could have happened. |<:Owd=  
A rehearse B reiterate C reinforce D  reenact ,}8|[)"  
>0^oC[ B  
n:TWZ.9  
阅读: )Id.yv}_  
A E2hy%y9Tp  
In 1896 a georgiacouple suing for damages in the  accidental death of their two year old was told thatsince the child had made no realeconomic contribution to the family,there was no liability for damages. in contrast, less than a century later, in 1979,the parents of a three year oldsued in New Yorkfor accidental-death damages andwon an award of $750,000. thetransformation in social values implicit in juxta- posing these two incidents is thesubject of viviana  zelizer'sexcellent book, <i>pricing the priceless child</i>. during the nineteenth century, sheargues, the concept of the"useful" child who contributed to the family economy gave way gradually to thepresent-day notion of the"useless" child who, though producing no income for, and indeed extremely costly to,its parents, is yet consideredemotionally "priceless." well established among segments of the middle and upperclasses by the mid-1800's, thisnew view of childhood spread through- outsociety in the iate-nineteenth and early-twentieth centuries as reformers introducedchild-labor regulations andcompulsory education laws predicated in part on the assumption that a child's emotionalvalue made child labor taboo. for zelizer the origins of thistransformation were  many andcomplex. the gradual erosion of children's productivevalue in a maturing industrial economy, thedecline in birth and death rates, especially in child mortality, and the development of thecompanionate family (a family inwhich members were united by explicit bonds of love rather than duty) were all factors critical in changing the assessment ofchildren's worth. yet"expulsion of children from the 'cash nexus,'... although clearly shaped by profoundchanges in the economic,occupational, and family structures," zelizer  maintains. "was also part of acultural process 'of sacralization' of children's lives. " protectingchildren from the crass businessworld became enormously important for late-nineteenth-centurymiddle-class Americans, she suggests;this sacralization was a way of resisting what they perceived as the relentlesscorruption of human values by the marketplace. instressing the cultural determinants of a child's worth. zelizer takes issue withpractitioners of the new "sociologicaleconomics," who have analyzed such traditionally sociological topics ascrime, marriage, education, and health solely in terms of their economicdeterminants. allowing only a small role for cultural forces in the form of individual"preferences," these sociologists tendto view all human behavior as directed primarily by the principle of maximizing economicgain. zelizer is highly criticalof this approach, and emphasizes instead theopposite phenomenon: the power of social values to 3izGMH_`  
transform price. as children became morevaluable in emotional terms, sheargues, their "exchange" or " surrender" value on themarket, that is, the conversion of theirintangible worth into cash terms, became much greater.  Ah_,5Z@&R  
+1uAzm4SL  
1. itcan be inferred from the passage that accidental-death damage awards in Americaduring the nineteenth century tended to be based principally on the }3%L3v&  
(a) earnings of the person at time of death %$'YP  
(b) wealth of the party causing the death \w6A-daD0  
(c) degree of culpability of the party causingthe death k'(d$;Jgr  
(d) amount of money that had been spent on theperson killed  {jK:hQX  
2. itcan be inferred from the passage that in the early 1800's children weregenerally regarded by their families as individuals who @2X{e7+D  
(a) needed enormous amounts of security andaffection ,\%qERk  
(b) required constant supervision whileworking *_qLLJg  
(c) were important to the economic well-beingof a family xJNV^u  
(d) were unsuited to spending long hours inschool  >GV(\In  
3. whichof the following alternative explanations of the change in the cash value ofchildren would be most likely to be put forward by sociological economists asthey are described in the passage? !e<D2><^  
(a) the cash value of children rose during thenineteenth century because parents began to increase their emotional investmentin the upbringing of 8lNkY`P7s  
their children. U8||)  +  
(b) the cash value of children rose during thenineteenth century because their expected earnings over the course of alifetime increased greatly. $\9M6 k'  
(c) the cash value of children rose during thenineteenth century because the spread of humanitarian ideals resulted in awholesale reappraisal of the worth of an individual $'I-z.GV  
(d) the cash value of children rose during thenineteenth century because compulsory education laws reduced the supply, andthus raised the costs, of available child labor.  zJMm=Mw^  
4. theprimary purpose of the passage is to ^!F Li7X  
(a) review the literature in a new academicsubfield l`mNOQ@}'  
(b) present the central thesis of a recentbook EE,57(  
(c) contrast two approaches to analyzinghistorical change (X{o =co,  
(d) refute a traditional explanation of asocial phenomenon  uXm_ pQpF  
5. zelizerrefers to all of the following as important influences in changing theassessment of children's worth except changes in eX 0due  
(a) the mortality rate nS` :)#;  
(b) the nature of industry 5Z<y||=  
(c) the nature of the family Q)s`~G({P  
(d) attitudes toward reform movements  XwlF[3VbiX  
Y0 ?<~G f  
B v>!tws5e  
A stout old lady was walking with her basket down the middle ofa street in Petrograd to the great confusionof the traffic and with no small peril to herself. It was pointed out to herthat the 9sId2py]W  
pavement was the place for pedestrians, but she replied: 'I'm going VUQx"R 9-  
to walk where I like. We've got liberty now.' It did not occur 6!|/(~  
to the dear old lady that if liberty entitled the pedestrian to g.]S5(  
walk down the middle of the road, then the end of such liberty G@=H=' :~  
would be universal chaos. Everybody would be getting in everybody else's wayand nobody would get anywhere. Individualliberty would have become social anarchy.There is a danger of the world gettingliberty-drunk in these days like the old lady with the basket, and it is justas well to remind ourselves of what the rule of the road means. It means thatin order that the liberties of all may be preserved, the liberties of everybody must becurtailed. When the policeman,say, at Piccadilly Circussteps into the middle of the road and puts out his hand, he is the symbol notof tyranny, but of liberty.You may not think so. You may, being in a hurry, andseeing your car pulled up by this insolence of office, feel that your liberty has been outraged. How darethis fellow interfere with i2y E-sgF  
your free use of the public highway? Then, if you are a reasonable person, youwill reflect that if he did not interfere with you, he would interfere with noone, and the result would be that Piccadilly Circuswould be a maelstrom that you would never "0sk(kT  
cross at all. You have submitted to a curtailment of private liberty R[bI4|t  
in order that you may enjoy a social order which makes your >S[NI<=8S  
liberty a reality. C?h}n4\B^?  
Liberty is not a personal affair only, but a social 7 O]$2  
    contract. It is an accommodation of interests. In matters whichdo not touch anybody else's liberty, of course, I may be as free as I like. IfI choose to go down the road in a dressing-gown who ?]/"AWUX  
shall say me nay? You have liberty to laugh at me, but I have lmbC2\GT  
liberty to be indifferent to you. And if I have a fancy for dyeing a j13cC$  
 my hair, or waxing my moustache (whichheaven forbid), or wearing an overcoat andsandals, or going to bed late or getting up early, I shall follow my fancy andask no man's permission. I shall not inquire of you whether I may eat mustardwith my mutton. And you will not ask me whether you may follow this religion orthat, whether you may prefer Ella Wheeler Wilcox to Wordsworth, or champagne to shandy.In all these and a thousand otherdetails you and I please >&?k^nI}J  
ourselves and ask no one's leave. We have a whole kingdom in ^)%TQ.  
which we rule alone, can do what we choose, be wise or ridiculous, harsh oreasy, conventional or odd. But directly we step out of that kingdom, our personal liberty of action becomes qualifiedby other people's liberty. I might like to practice on the trombone frommidnight till three in the morning. If I went on to the top of Everest to doit, I could please myself, but if I do it in my bedroom my family will object,and if I do it out in the streets 3qVDHDQ?ZV  
the neighbors will remind me that my liberty to blow the trombone must notinterfere with their liberty to sleep in quiet.There are a lot of people in theworld, and I have to accommodate my liberty to their liberties.We are allliable to forget this, and unfortunately we are much more conscious of the imperfections of others in this respect than ofour own. A reasonable consideration for the rights or feelings of others is thefoundation of social conduct.It is in the small matters of conduct, in theobservance of the rule of the road, that we pass judgment upon ourselves, and }M|,Z'@*  
declare that we are civilized or uncivilized. The great moments of heroism andsacrifice are rare. It is the little habits of k%TjRf{p  
commonplace intercourse that make up the great sum of life and 6b7SA ,  
sweeten or make bitter the journey. L^%jR=  
1. The author might have stated his‘rule of the road’ as ,5Nf9z!hk(  
A. do not walk in the middle of theroad  T*bBw  
B. follow the orders of policemen  tEl_a~s*3?  
C. do not behave inconsiderately in public  =&-+{txs  
D. do what you like in private  C/{%f,rU  
2. The author’s attitude to the oldlady in paragraph one is +/|t8zFWs  
A. condescending  B. intolerant  C.objective  D supportive Bf+7;4-  
3 A situation analogous to the ‘insolence of office’ described inparagraph 2 would be u~7 ,v  
A. a teacher correcting grammar errors )|Md"r_B  
B. an editor shortening the text of an article >oasA2S  
C. a tax inspector demanding to see someone’s accounts >21f%Z  
D. an army office giving orders to a soldier  "qxu9Hg!  
4 The author assumes that he may be as freeas he likes in N~0~1 WQn  
A. all matters of dress and food  a%NSL6  
B. any situation which does not interfere with the liberty of others  G Z~W#*|V  
C. anything that is not against the law  k]] e8>  
D. his own home  Izr_]%  
5  In the sentence ‘ We are allliable.. the author is SXF~>|h5<  
A. pointing out a general weakness  m |%ly  
B. emphasizing his main point  ZMn~QU_5  
C. countering a general misconception  'rSP@  
D. suggesting a remedy  nhb: y  
C KoF_G[m  
Bq*aP*jv  
The name ofFlorence Nightingale lives in the memory of the p&Ev"xhs  
    world by virtue of the heroic adventure of the Crimea.Had she vd]75  
    died - as she nearly did - upon her return to England, her >xK!J?!K  
    reputation would hardly have been different; her legend would 5A`T}~"X  
5   have come down to us almost as we know it today - that gentle p*OpO&oodu  
    vision of female virtue which first took shape before the adoring n7*.zI]%&  
    eyes of the sick soldiers at Scutari. Yet, as a matter of fact,she t IO 'ky  
    lived for more than half a century after the Crimean War; and l?J|Ip2W  
    during the greater part of that long period all the energy andall the wN^$8m5\T^  
10  devotion of her extraordinary nature were working at their ON q=bI*  
    highest pitch. What she accomplished in those years of unknown ._A@,]LS}  
    labor could, indeed, hardly have been more glorious than her lVR a{._m  
    Crimean triumphs; but it was certainly more important. The true l.@&B@5F  
    history was far stranger even than the myth. In MissNightingale's Yj/[I\I"m  
15  own eyes the adventure of the Crimeawas a mere incident - 4y|%Oj  
    scarcely more than a useful stepping-stone in her career. It wasthe <WCTJ!Z  
    fulcrum with which she hoped to move the world; but it was jt,dr3|/n  
    only the fulcrum. For more than a generation she was to sit in H(,D5y`k1  
    secret, working her lever: and her real life began at the very Vb$4'K '  
20  moment when, in popular imagination, it had ended. :$5$H  
   She arrived in Englandin a shattered state of health. The .sE5QR Vc  
    hardships and the ceaseless efforts of the last two years had m\xlSNW'q  
    undermined her nervous system; her heart was affected; she ro`2IE>  
    suffered constantly from fainting-fits and terrible attacks ofutter X^c2  
25  physical prostration. The doctors declared that one thing alone ^j>w<ljzz  
    would save her - a complete and prolonged rest. But that was also /lqVMlz\77  
    the one thing with which she would have nothing to do. She had ?X5Y8n]y\h  
    never been in the habit of resting; why should she begin now? `iT{H]po  
    Now, when her opportunity had come at last; now, when the iron nlsif  
30  was hot, and it was time to strike? No; she had work to do; and, 8\])p sb9  
    come what might, she would do it. The doctors protested in vain; >jH%n(TcC  
    in vain her family lamented and entreated, in vain her friends ~f5g\n;  
    pointed out to her the madness of such a course. Madness? Mad - io^ L[  
    possessed - perhaps she was. A frenzy had seized upon her. As 2(5<Wj"  
35  she lay upon her sofa, gasping, she devoured blue-books, dictated fq,LXQ#G  
    letters, and, in the intervals of her palpitations, crackedjokes. For  5i|DJ6  
    months at a stretch she never left her bed. But she would notrest. G>f2E49BXt  
    At this rate, the doctors assured her, even if she did not die,she PbpnjvVrM  
    would become an invalid for life. She could not help that; there k?7V#QW(  
40  was work to be done; and, as for rest, very likely she might rest ... RW I7eC  
    when she had done it. *47',Qy  
   Wherever she went, to Londonor in the country, in the hills E=eK(t(8  
    of Derbyshire, or among the rhododendrons at Embley, she was pN?geF~t|  
    haunted by a ghost. It was the specter of Scutari - the hideous T_3JAH e  
45  vision of the organization of a military hospital. She would lay that {a6cA=WTPd  
    phantom, or she would perish. The whole system of the  t'{IE!_  
    Army Medical Department, the education of the Medical Officer, g+1&liV  
    the regulations of hospital procedure ... rest? How could sherest *J T,]7 >  
    while these things were as they were, while, if the likenecessity ":!7R<t  
50  were to arise again, the like results would follow? And, even in 7xU6Ll+p  
    peace and at home, what was the sanitary condition of the Army? 6#gS`X23Y  
    The mortality in the barracks, was, she found, nearly double the aTLu7C\-e  
    mortality in civil life. 'You might as well take 1, 100 men every 8;\   
    year out upon Salisbury Plain and shoot them,' she said. After rU!QXg]uD  
55  inspecting the hospitals at Chatham,she smiled grimly. 'Yes, this HY!R|  
    is one more symptom of the system which, in the Crimea,put to K*id 1YY  
    death 16,000 men.' Scutari had given her knowledge; and it had (2uF<$7(  
    given her power too: her enormous reputation was at her back - s:ZYiZ-  
    an incalculable force. Other work, other duties, might lie before =9yh<'583  
60  her; but the most urgent, the most obvious, of all was to look to Z`]r)z%f  
    the health of the Army. tPqWe2  
1. Accordingto the author, the work done during the last fifty years of FlorenceNightingale's life was, when compared with her work in the Crimea, all of thefollowing except J1UG},-h  
A.less dramatic #AO?<L  
B. less demanding  Qo$j'|lD  
C. less well-known to the public ?DrA@;IB  
D. more important \@!"7._=  
2 Paragraph two paints a picture of a woman who is Nbvs_>N   
A. mentally shattered #T3dfVWv  
B. stubborn and querulous !*G%vOa  
C. physically weak but mentally indomitable +oevNM  
D. purposeful yet tiresome q/#p ol  
/nWBol,  
3 . Theprimary purpose of paragraph 3 is to fvBL? x  
A.account for conditions in the army 4..M *U  
B. show the need for hospital reform ORx6r=zg  
C. explain Miss Nightingale's mainconcerns Lvd es.0|  
D. argue that peacetime conditions wereworse than wartime conditions L+.&e4f'oj  
4 The author's attitude to his material is 8vqx}2  
A.disinterested reporting of biographical details :Xi&H.k)p  
B. over-inflation of a reputation wQ9?Z.-$  
C. debunking a myth U!i1~)s  
D. interpretation as well as narration uL{ CUt  
eXQLE]L]  
5 In her statement (lines 53-54) MissNightingale intended to + l hJ8&  
A.criticize the conditions in hospitals '\M]$`Et  
B. highlight the unhealthy conditionsunder which ordinary soldiers were living Tx>V$+al  
C. prove that conditions in the barrackswere as bad as those in a military hospital gY&WH9sp?9  
D. ridicule the dangers of army life \IaUsx"#o{  
D $1 t IC_  
How many really suffer as a result of labormarket problems? This is one of the most critical yet contentious social policyquestions. In many ways, our social statistics exaggerate the degree ofhardship. Unemployment does not have the same dire consequences today as it didin the 1930a
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2017-07-24   
回 楼主(huamixinhua) 的帖子