eV0eMDY5  
 FE1En  
Y$qjQ1jF+  
2020 医学博士英语统考样卷词汇 =~dsIG  
7EL0!:Pp3  
Part II  Cloze *2YWvGc  
)>;387'Y  
S@4bpnhK  
Directions: In this part there is a passage with ten numbered blanks, for each of which four choices marked A, B, C and D are listed correspondingly. Choose the best answer, and then mark the letter of your choice on theANSWER SHEET. .Lm`v0' w  
}j\8|UG  
!__^M3S,k  
The problem of caring for the weak and sick has existed from the earliest times. The Romans, in times of war, established infirmaries,   51   were used to treat sick and injured soldiers. Later on, infirmaries were founded in the larger cities and were built out of public   52   .  BfW@f  
4k6:   
P1`YbLER5  
In a way, the Roman influence was   53   the establishment of hospitals.  54    Christianity grew, the care of the sick became the duty of the Church. The monasteries and convents provided most of the hospitals. The custom of making pilgrimages (朝圣) also helped advance the   55   of hospitals. Those pilgrimages were often long, and the travelers had to stop overnight at small inns   56   the road. These inns were called hospitalia, meaning a guest. The inns connected with the monasteries devoted themselves to caring for travelers who were ill or weary, and the name hospital became connected with caring for the   57  . hm1.UE  
~AF' 6"A  
BbzIQg:  
Since living conditions during the Middle Ages were not comfortable or hygienic, the hospitals were   58   clean or orderly. In fact, many   59  hospital would put two or more patients in the same bed. X: Be'  
a]I~.$G   
C"h7'+Kw  
But it wasn't   60   the eighteenth century that public hospitals became general in the larger towns of England. Soon, the idea of public hospitals began to spread and they appeared all over Europe. _IvqZ/6Y(  
u$^r(.EV  
9*CRMkPrd  
51. A. for whom      B. in which   C{V,=Fo^  
      C. which      D. who }7qboUGe  
52. A. funds  B. affairs   xp"F)6  
      C. figures  D. interests pJQ_G`E  
53. A. capable of   B. respectful of   \T;(k?28HN  
      C. accessible to   D. responsible for  ]TsmWob  
54. A. With    B. For    C. If    D. As W{kTM4  
55. A. tradition   B.form   C. Idea   D. skill 4&B|rf  
56. A. to    B. from   C. Across    D. along : p7PiqQ  
57. A. afflicted   B. affiliated    ' KNg;