考博报班 加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 每日签到
主题 : 北京理工大学2009年博士入学英语考试的英译汉
级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2010-07-27   

北京理工大学2009年博士入学英语考试的英译汉

Universities endure
    Their work is never complete.To paraphrase Vannevar Bush,they forever seek the endless frontier.The role of individuals is transient.We make our contributions,do our work,exert our influence,pursue our passions chase our dreams,teach and learn,succeed and fail,give substance to the present,help shape the future,and then move on. bF8xQ<i~Y  
    And as we move on,we should reflect on our times and what we have learned---but only for the purpose of helping ourselves,and others,to travel more wisely into the future.Having had the rare privilege of serving as presidentof MIT for nearly 14 years,through the change from the twentieth to the twenty-first century,I am indeed compelled to reflect on what i have learned.It is far too soon for me to claim more than a hint of understanding of the institutional legacy my colleagues and i leave,and that is for others to determine in any event. ^loF#d= s  
     Most of us go through life adding incrementally to knowledge,polishing a concept here or there,doing an experiment,contributing a few leaves--or,if we are lucky a twig--to the tree of knowledge.But there are the few who fundamentally change what we know or can do. 3 tx0y  
   Tom Everhart,when he was president of Caltech,once observed to me that "one truly excellent scientist is more valuable than 1,000 very good scientists." MIT is blessed with a remarkable number of excellent scholars,teachers,and researchers.The joy of serving as president of the Institute is to be in constant contact with them.And the challenge is to work effectively with colleagues,who in any given conversation or situation,will know infinitely more about the topic at hand than you could ever learn.Of course,academic administrators and leaders enjoy this,but must cope with how to make wise decisions in such an environment....
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2010-07-27   
我的翻译,希望能抛砖引玉 LmT[N @>"  
他们的工作永无止境。为了意译范尼瓦.布什,他们永远在找寻没有终点的前沿知识。在这里,个人的力量是渺小的。我们贡献自己,坚持工作,扩大影响,追逐热情,实现梦想,我们不断的教和学,成功和失败,充实现在,塑造未来,然后继续前行。 OGD8QD  
在继续前行的过程中,为了帮助我们自己和他人,为了以后的人生旅程更加睿智,我们应该反思我们的时代,应该反思我们学到了什么。作为跨越20和21世纪任职大概14年的麻省理工大学的主席,我确实不得不反思我学到了什么。对于我来说,公布我和我的同伴们留下的哪怕一点对学术遗产的理解还为时尚早,这应该留给后人评说。 {R6Zwjs  
我们大多数人在生命的旅途中不断增加阅历,领悟概念,做实验,或者如果很幸运,我们会为知识之树贡献几篇绿叶,但是,很少人能彻底改变人类的知识结构或者活动范围。 dcc%G7w  
当汤姆.艾沃华还是。。主席的时候,曾经跟我说:一个真正杰出的科学家比1000个很优秀的科学家还有价值“。上帝保佑,麻省理工学院拥有一大批杰出的学者,老师和科研人员。在麻省理工学院担任主席的乐趣就在于可以经常接触这些人。并且,任职的挑战在于和那些在任意给定情况下关于手头上某个主题都知道的比你多得多的同伴们高效的合作。当然,学科负责人也乐于此,但他们必须处理好如何在这种氛围下做出明智决定。
描述
快速回复

验证问题:
免费考博网网址是什么? 正确答案:freekaobo.com
按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交