考博报班 加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 每日签到
主题 : 2000年医学考博英语真题听力录音文本
级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2011-02-09   

2000年医学考博英语真题听力录音文本

管理提醒: 本帖被 nanafly 从 2011年考博士新手FAQ 移动到本区(2011-02-09)
2000 gXy -Mpzp  
Foreign Language Admission Test for medical Doctor Students `1+F, &e  
PAPER ONE VhEka#  
Part I   Listening x({C(Q'O  
Section A Listening Comprehension (10%) h|)vv4-d|  
Directions: In this section of the test, you will hear three talks. After each talk, there are three or four questions. The talks and questions will be read only once. You must listen carefully and choose the right answer from the four choices marked A, B, C and D. Mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET. PsnGXcj  
Talk One 8P2 J2IU  
An important new study reports that doctors now have a new drug called TPA for heart attacks. It may be better than any other heart drugs. Many doctors have been using a drug called streptokinase, which sometimes causes problems to patients. It can even cause bleeding in the brain. Streptokinase can save about 1/3 of the people with heart attack. But TPA will save about 2/3. This means many people. About 1.5 million Americans have heart attacks every year. }6]0hWsN[  
One reason TPA can help more people is because of time. This new drug is easier and faster to use. It will give doctors more time in hospitals. Then they can study the problem well. People with heart problems can also keep some TPA at home. When a heart attack starts, they can take some TPA right away. Then they will have time to get to the hospital. This is important because about 860,000 people in the United States die before they get to the hospital. Y)|N"f;  
There is another reason why TPA is good news for people with heart attacks. According to the study, it is much safer. It does not cause other problems like streptokinase. TPA works only on the heart. It does not have an effect on the blood or cause bleeding. [L(h G a  
Doctors plan to do more studies about TPA. They need to test this new drug on many more people with heart attacks. But in a few years, many doctors and hospitals will probably start using this exciting new drug. )L5i&UK.  
1. What problem can streptokinase cause? +TJ EG?o  
2. According to the talk, how many Americans have heart attacks every year? PaWr[ye  
3. Which is not mentioned as an advantage of TPA? #07!-)Gv  
Talk Two /+|#^:@  
Sitting in wheelchairs, limping in special shoes and wearing glasses which stop them from seeing properly, thirty students from the City University of Hong Kong spent a day exploring the world of the handicapped. They were taking part in a one-day course, Journey into Compassion, to help them to understand the problems faced daily by the handicapped. Student affairs officer, Rebecca Chen said it would help create a caring campus community. Ms Chen was inspired by a magazine article on how doctors and hospital in the United States were able to appreciate the psychology of the patients better after they themselves were treated as patients. The idea is that the direct experience of the situation should be the first step to learning rather than study theory. !{%&=tIZ  
Students were sent out in pairs, one handicapped and one observer, to complete a list of everyday tasks. This included borrowing books from a library, exchanging money at a bank and buying a ticket at a railway station. Social work student, Carina Lin, said she could never have imagined how simple task become real challenges for the disabled. “After sharing some of their experiences today, I have become much more aware of the needs and feelings of the handicapped”. Another student said that the experience has taught her to appreciate the ability of the handicapped. Many on the course seemed to have gained an insight into the psychology of the physically handicapped. But there was still much work to be done. {38bv. 3'  
4. Who were the participants of the program? n<7q `tM#  
5. What did they do according to the talk? W+=o&V  
6. Why did they take part in the program? hdma=KqZ(  
7. What did the young .people gain in the program? (k?7:h  
Talk Three ZH 6\><My  
President Abraham Lincoln often visited hospitals to talk with wounded soldiers during the Civil War. Once doctors pointed out a young soldier who was near death and Lincoln went over to his bedside. 3V<&|  
“Is there anything I can do for you?” asked the President. Hi}RZMr1  
The soldier obviously didn’t recognize Lincoln, and with some effort, he was able to whisper: “Would you please write a letter to my mother?” j\&pej  
A pen and paper were provided and the President carefully began writing down what the young man was able to say: mY7>(M{  
“My dearest mother, I was badly hurt while I was doing my duty. I’m afraid I’m not going to recover. Don’t grieve too much for me, please. Kiss Mary and John for me. May God bless you and father.” gl%`qf6:O  
The soldier was too weak to continue, so Lincoln signed the letter for him and added, “Written for your son by Abraham Lincoln.” WT\<.Py  
The young man asked to see the note and was astonished when he discovered who had written it. “Are you really the President?” he asked. [g|Y7.j8  
“Yes, I am,” Lincoln replied quietly. Then he asked if there was anything else he could do. 60>.ul2  
!wz/c M;  
“Would you please hold my hand?” the soldier asked. “It will help me to see it through to the end.” 9pKGr@&   
Wr?'$:  
In the hushed room, the tall gaunt President took the boy’s hand in his and spoke warm words of encouragement until death came. E%N2k|%8d_  
r(A.<`\   
8. What is the story about? f58?5(Dc|  
V ~{fB~  
9. What did the president do for the young man? jNDx,7F-  
XzIx:J6  
10. What happened at the end of the story? R9+jW'[K  
@~td`Z?1 y  
  w8Sv*K  
Section B Spot Dictation (10%) _ QOZ sEe  
Fg]?zEa  
Directions: In this section of the test, you will hear one passage. The passage will be read three times. On your answer sheet, you will read the same passage with 20 words missing. As you listen, read the passage on your ANSWER SHEET and fill in the blanks with the exact words on the tape. There might be more than one word in a blank. ^Q<mV*~  
When someone asks you to his or her home, it is very clear who is the guest and who is the host, but invitations to restaurant for lunch, dinner, coffee, a drink, etc, sometimes present problems, and the customs vary in different parts of the United States. _l`e#XbG  
q!~ -(&S  
In many instances it is the inviter who pays, as one would expect, but in some instances each one pays his or her own check: You “go Dutch.” This is often the case with friends in informal situations, such as “Let’s go get a beer” or “Want a cup of coffee?” In some parts of the country, however, some people like to entertain friends by taking them to a restaurant for a dinner instead of having dinner at home. In this case, the host expects to pay and the guest may offer to leave the tip, which may be declined by the host. If so, just let the matter drop. If the invitation is expressed in fairly casual terms, such as: “Let’s go to Greenwillow for dinner,” it may be more of a suggestion than an invitation, so you should be prepared to pay your part of the bill. w4,Ag{t>  
OWq'[T4  
If you want to invite someone for a meal at a restaurant, be explicit:“I’d like to take you to Greenwillow.” Americans should be explicit also, but they often assume you know the local customs in the matter. Ask a friend’s advice if you are not sure. I{'f|+1  
aW_oD[l  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

描述
快速回复

验证问题: