考博报班 加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 每日签到
主题 : 2003年全国医学博士统一考试英语听力文本
级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2011-02-09   

2003年全国医学博士统一考试英语听力文本

管理提醒: 本帖被 nanafly 从 2011年考博士新手FAQ 移动到本区(2011-02-09)
2003 t6m&+N  
Part I  Listening Comprehension B q/<kEgM  
Section A #( G>J4E,  
Directions: In this section you will hear fifteen short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, you will hear a question about what is said. The question will be read only once. After you hear the question, read the four possible answers marked A, B, C and D. Choose the best answer and mark the letter of your choice on the ANSWER SHEET.Listen to the following example. BOqu$f+  
You will hear: hdW}._  
Woman: I feel faint.Man: No wonder. You haven’t had a bite all day.Question: What’s the matter with the woman?You will read: E d6k7  
A. She is sick.B. She was bitten by an ant.C. She is hungry.D. She spilled her paint.Sample AnswerA B C D Now let’s begin with question No. 1 @q8h'@sX  
1. M: I think I may need to wear glasses. But I’m not entirely sure.W: I’ll be able to tell once you’ve looked at this vision-chart.Q: What is the woman’s profession?2. M: Hello, is that doctor Darson’s practice? I’m phoning about my son Tom. He’s got the high temperature. He is really very hot. Could doctor Darson come over?W: Well, he is very busy at the moment. I’ll tell him to call you back immediately. Could you give me your phone number?Q: What will the woman probably do next?3. W: Do you want me to explain those questions before your exam?  M: What’s the point? I don’t understand a thing.Q: What does the man mean?4. M: I need to find a dentist. You are familiar with Doctor Smith. Do you recommend her?W: Well, I’ve been seen by her a few times. And the best I can say for her is she has interesting magazines in her waiting room.Q: What does the woman imply?5. W: If you had been more careful, you would have found fungi had gone out of that culture.M: But I watched it three times a day.Q: What is true about the man?6. M: I came as soon as you call. Is there a problem?W: Yes, Mr. Schnow. You must begin getting to the office on time, or we will no longer need your service here.Q: What happened to Mr. Schnow?7. W: I just read a curious fact that people who spend less than ten minutes in a drug store are five times more likely to make a purchase than those who spend half an hour there.M: I saw that article, too. But just think, if someone runs into a drug store for ten minutes, it’s usual to make a specific purchase.Q: What did the two speakers learn about drug stores8. W: JimI’m having difficulty with all the theoretical stuff we are getting in our computer course.M: Oh, I understand that part. What I can’t figure out is how to make it work in my program.Q: What is Jim’s problem?9. M: Nancy is always complaining about her son.W: She should take care of my three teenager boys and see what it’s like.Q: What does the woman mean?10. W: Have you been to many places in the United States?M: YesI’ve been to Boston, New York, Washington, Seattle, San Francisco. But San Diego is still my favorite.Q: Which city does the man like most?11. M: Did you hear the portable computer that Sunny bought from Mike?W: She got a very good deal on it, didn’t she?Q: What do we learn from this conversation?12. M: I wonder if you know a new patient whose name is Nancy Jonson.W: That name rings the bell.Q: What does the woman mean?13. W: I’ve just made up a quart of orange juice this morning. And now I can’t find it anywhere. Do you know what happened to it?M: Did you hear a crash earlier. That was it. I’m just as clumsy as ever.Q: What is the problem?14. M: Have you called John to come and fix the faucet in our bathroom?W: I called several times. But his phone was out of order.Q: What can we learn from the conversation?15. M: I’m sorry to hear that John has lost some money in the lottery again.W: What he needs now is a change of luck.Q: What can we learn about John?Section B o!bIaeEaU  
Directions: In this section you will hear three passages. After each one, you will hear five questions. After each question, read the four possible answers marked A, B, C and D. Choose the best answer and mark the letter of your choice on the ANSWER SHEET.Passage One H$G`e'`OZ  
Question 16-20 are based on the following passage: V+04X"  
The Brooklyn Bridge is simply an engineering miracle. In 1883, a creative engineer John Roebling was inspired by an idea for this spectacular bridge project. However, bridge-building experts told him to forget it. It just was not possible. Roebling convinced his son Washington, an up-and-coming engineer, that the bridge could be built. The two of them conceived the concept of how it could be accomplished, and how to overcome the obstacles. Somehow they convinced bankers to finance the project. Then with excitement and energy, they hired their crew and began to build their dream bridge. O>FE-0rW}e  
The project was only a few months under way when a tragic on-site accident killed John Roebling and severely injured his son. Washington was severely brain-damaged, unable to talk or walk. Everyone thought that the project would have to be dropped since the Roeblings were the only ones who understood how the bridge could be built. :&59N^So|  
Though Washington Roebling was unable to move or talk, his mind was as sharp as ever. One day, as he lay in his hospital bed, an idea flashed in his mind as to how to develop a communication code. All he could move was one finger, so he touched the arm of his wife with that finger. He tapped out the code to communicate to her what she was to tell the engineers who continued building the bridge. For 13 years, Washington tapped out his instructions with one finger until the spectacular Brooklyn Bridge was finally completed. ,e]|[,r#5  
Question 16-20 are based on the passage you’ve just heard: j_w"HiNBA  
16. Who came up with the idea of building Brooklyn Bridge? cviPCjM  
17. What do we learn about the project? Cf&.hod  
18. What happened to the son after the construction began? J*I G]2'H  
19. What part of Washington Roebling remained intact after the accident `?M?WaP  
20. Why is the Brooklyn Bridge regarded as an engineering miracle? ]|6)'L&]*s  
Passage Two <d`ksZ+  
Question 21-25 are based on the following passage: MTyBG rs(  
Millions of American baby boomers who received polio shocks in the 1950s and 1960s could now be at risk of getting cancer. "~:AsZ"7  
That is the shocking finding of an American investigation into the vaccine that was giving to school children 40 years ago to fight the polio plague that was sweeping the nation. Experts now say that some of the injections were contaminated by a virus from monkeys, known as S.V 40, which may cause a rare form of cancer in humans. Batches of the vaccine were somehow contaminated by the virus between 1955 and 1963, and accidentally given to young children in 37 states. Moreover, some doctors believe that the virus may have already mutated and could now be transmitted through human contact, ultimately causing an epidemic, similar to AIDS. 3k U4?D]  
The terrifying finding was published in the prestigious cancer research journal which reported that a startling new rise in some types of cancer, such as brain tumors could be linked to the tainted vaccine. It points to SV 40 as a possible reason for a 30 percent increase in brain tumors in the United States over the past 20 years. 4xYW?s(  
“At first, it was just a finding of one more virus, just another thing we had to scream for. But then we started to develop tumors in hamsters,” said Doctor Morris Helaman. Doctors were shocked by this discovery which is being investigated in heavily populated area. 0<^!<i(%  
Question 21-25 are based on the passage you have just heard: V1h&{D\"  
21. What happened 40 years ago in the United States?  )P|&o%E  
 F0i` HO{  
22. What is SV 40? +Y|1 7 n  
qL;T^ljP  
23. What happened to young children in 37 American states 40 years ago? }I )%Gw  
kuX{2h*`  
24. How much has the incidents of brain tumor increased in the past twenty years? bxXNv^  
\jHHj\LLr.  
25. What did the researchers discover in the investigation? -% ,3qhsd  
D~^P}_e.  
Passage three Q"(*SA+-|  
i L48  
Question 26-30 are based on the following passage: s%Y8;D,~+  
l(~i>iQ 4  
It is estimated that almost 55 percent of American adults and approximately 10 percent of kids are overweight. But how does one tell the difference between baby fat and weight that causes health risk. /%F}vW(!  
9-`P\/  
In June, 2000, the department of health and human services unveiled a new tool that would help answer that question. It revised the familiar children’s growth chart used since 1977 to track height and weight and introduce body mass in this chart for children between the age of two and twenty. The Body Mass Index or BMI is a number derived from a person’s height and weight measurement. It has long been used to determine if adults are overweight. hKjG/g:#G  
l.iT+ T  
The new BMI chart is considered the best tool for assessing whether children are the right size and can identify a child’s likelihood of unhealthy weight gain as early as age two. Armed with a child’s BMI a parent or a doctor can use the new chart to see where a child measures up compared with his or her peers. n)bbEXO  
.@`5>_  
BMI changes with age for kids. A nine-year girl with a BMI of 23 would be near the 97th percent tier and overweight. A 16-year old with the same measure would be in the 75th percent tier and considered normal, because at the 95th percent tier or above, the child is identified as overweight. z&Kh$ $)[  
Z !81\5  
The new chart comes as nutrition experts and doctors focus more on childhood obesity, a reflection of changing nature of modern day life. In 1969, obesity in children was not even an issue. Parents worried about their child’s weight hear the same advice that many adults don’t heed. Eat low-fat diet, rich in fruits and vegetables and get regular exercise. But at least the new chart will have the parents begin the process of changing behavior at an early age. j8cXv  
x)0''}E~  
Question 26-30 are based on the following passage: X{BS]   
Hgk@I;  
26. When was the BMI chart introduced? ;x|LB>.  
x^XP<R{D  
27. What is the use of BMI? W>'KE:!sp  
Co^^rd@  
28. What is the advantage of the new BMI chart over the traditional children’s growth chart? G5T(  
nYE' 'g+x  
29. When can a child be considered overweight? ;/R\!E   
=#.qe=  
30. In what aspect can the new chart help parents? LUfo@R  
GS@ Zc2JPF  
  DPM4v7 S  
sz@Y$<o  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心