考博报班 加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 每日签到
主题 : 考上博士了,又怎样?
级别: 论坛版主

显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2007-07-13   

考上博士了,又怎样?

前几天知道自己考上博士了,但是说实话也没觉得怎样,心里只是不由得出现一个念头:又得努力3年,过3年没日夜的日子.考上了又怎样?能证明什么吗?
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

级别: 中级博友
显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2007-07-14   
To be No. 1 in your reseach field, as suggested by Li Kaifu, CEO of Google (China).
Make a little progress every day.
级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
板凳  发表于: 2007-07-17   
http://www.freekaobo.com复旦大学2002年博士研究生入学考试英语试题 K)vC.JoxV ^!kv gm<{$  
Paper One  36Q45^o? kMwt&6wS  
Part Ⅰ Listening (15%)(略) t~<f)#o! CWC*bkd5a  
Part Ⅱ Reading Comprehension (30%) 3w7;o.BaL '*)!&4f  
Directions: There are 4 reading passages in this part. Each passage is followed by some questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A., B., C. and D.. You should decide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre. WSCdV'0 }Pw5*duq  
Passage 1  H~v 8m1: jp[QA\  
One of the greatest mysteries in the study of Cetacea[aquatic mammals] has always been that the creatures found in the stomachs of toothed whales show no teeth marks. Now a University of California at Santa Cruz professor thinks he may have solved the enigma with what he calls the “big bang” theory of cetacean predation. 5$krd_E\" YK}(VF?&  
Ken Norris, natural history professor, believes that rather than use their teeth to attack their victims, toothed whales stun their prey with intense bursts of sound. He points out that all 68 species of odontocetes (a sub-order that includes dolphins) use sound to locate their victims, and suggests this ability may have evolved to the point where it could be used as a weapon. b-G^Q#vc WpmypkJA#  
Millions of years ago, the ancestors of whales had a narrow tapered jaw, streamlined for speed and bristling with long rows of sharp teeth. Today odontocetes are not adapted to surprising their prey or trapping it quickly. Most are more bulky than their forebearers; their teeth are short and unevenly spaced when they exist at all. Norris suggests that because of their sonar ability, whales' teeth have become vestigial, like the human appendix. s.V# N<Ld ]FFU,me2  
It is difficult to test the big bang theory because in captivity, cetaceans tend to moderate their sonar so as not to deafen other creatures in their small, highly reflective tanks. Dolphins are known to politely turn off their echolocation systems when passing one another. And in the wild it's hard to tell whether a sound came from a nearby animal or form another very far away. 4#,G9 Odbjl[>k  
But Norris points to the male narwhal as tacit proof of his theory. This whale has no teeth, and the single spiral tusk that extends about eight feet in front of him would seem to be more of an impediment than an aid in catching shrimp, his preferred feed. “You look at these animals and you wonder what's going on.” ~~s$/t\z1 @ br%:Nt  
21. The underlined word  enigma  means . 0d_$]Z8? B]]M?pS  
A. debate  B. fact  C. mystery  D. proof  LdfD{BD LO` (V  
22. The primary purpose of this passage is to . m:N9*|@h Ylo@  
A. argue for a ban on the capture of whales and dolphins  uKAF   ym${4  
B. describe the evolution of whales  w;>t ;M' R/JlUN  
C. report a possible explanation for the lack of teeth marks on whales' victims  1$/YR8Qy6C ,t)mCgbcO  
D. reveal the flaws in the “big bang” theory of cetacean predation uKa]N`V& ShSh/0   
23. As used in the passage,  moderate  most nearly means . H~zb]WM; @aj"1 2  
A. direct  B. lessen  C. move to middle  D. use  (.{0 sj xR +}^} <|W6  
24. What is the “big bang” theory of cetacean predation? . w'*E![ N%Lh_2EzqV  
A. Sixty-eight species of odontocetes use sound to locate their victims B. Toothed whales use sound as weapons  _uUY#Fw (tVY /(~#  
C. Whales and humans have vestigial structures  :U [g ;9prsvf  
D. Whale teeth, once sharp, have become somewhat short and uneven d`R`xKg' Q |l93Rb`  
25. It can be concluded from the passage that the “big bang” theory is . 0#B^0\S 5 Impv3qaZ  
A. a fact  B. a disproved hypothesis  }*tJ&[ p :$9 4y{  
C. an unsupported opinion  D. an idea with some supporting evidence Qf77L8(;, *XNvb ^<  
Passage 2  D+2qnx$E SSH/q/  
Olga had always enjoyed the character-centered books written by Adele Kwan and wanted to read another one if it seemed interesting and was written in the same style. Olga wasn't sure, however, whether she should spend part of her savings on Kwan's latest book, The Newcomer. She hoped the following book reviews in her high school newspaper would help her make a decision. Fho? AE<AEq  
Novel without a plot  EoHaBa)c @V<tg"(c  
By Carlo Dante  <4&nwk Ke\?;1+  
I just finished reading Adele Kwan's latest novel, The Newcomer, and was disappointed. In my opinion the book does not have enough plot to be considered a novel. 2 0U*';> vn kktD'n  
The newcomer in this book is Violet Wang. She's fifteen when her family moves from San Franciso's Chinatown to a small town in Washington State. In this town everyone knows each other, and none of the other residents are Chinese. Violet's challenge is to fit in. Sensitive and intelligent, she amuses shoes who know her well but is shy and reserved with strangers. a.uJK^,W< =-vk}O0C  
These circumstances could have provided the basis for an interesting story. I particularly enjoyed learning about Chinese American culture and Violet's strong family ties. However, this book has no real plot. There is no action to follow. Instead the author emphasizes what is happening in Violet's head as she finds her way in her new home. We are introduced to new characters and situations only as they are viewed by the introspective Violet. When she arrives at her new school, for example, the reader is forced to endure page after page describing Violet's classrooms, classmates, and teachers, with no excitement to keep us involved in the story. zr1`6+{E+ 40:YJ_n  
If this had been a historical novel, at least the text could have elucidated what life was like during a past era. If it had been a mystery, I would have had a reason to move form one page to the next. Furthermore, Violet would have had a more intriguing way to demonstrate her intelligence and sensitivity. {<53Du8* {&2$1p/9'  
As it is, I found The Newcomer uninteresting. The lack of plot and the reliance on a single character to support the entire book make for a dull, slow-moving reading experience. Although Ms. Kwan writes well, she has failed to presser a story worth reading. #U</hU ; 4S#6#  
A Book to Cherish  #b&Ty Z 6*]Kow?  
By Rachel Blythe  4-NnEBYOG ]Mtb~^joG  
In last week's edition I read “Novel Without a Plot”, an unflattering review of Adele Kwan's latest novel, I too, have read The Newcomer, and I strongly disagree with. I/Ulf8gn |5Z@7  
Carlo Dante's evaluation of this fine novel. Dante claims The Newcomer lacks a plot. He fails to recognize that some novels are plot-driven and others are character-centered. Clearly Dante prefers to read the former and feels justified in imposing his preference on all of us. There are many readers who do not require a story to propel us feverishly from one action-packed moment to the next. We are content to get to know an interesting character who encounters challenges and tries various ways to overcome them. bdibhQ &[kwM3 95  
Violet Wang is a wouderful example of this type of character, and we are fortunate that the novel-is told form her point of view. We first experience her world in San Francisco, where she is surrounded by Chinese American traditions and the support of an extended family. We feel her confusion and traumatic sense of loss as she must leave all that is familiar to her. /$WT[Zx?\ !>2s5^JI9  
When Violet arrives in the area that will be her new home, we see its beauty and mystery through her eyes. As she tries to adjust to life in a place where she feels like an outsider, many of us may remember similar times in our own lives. We ache when she hurts and feel triumph in our hearts when she experiences progrees. !xAnNN}%5 `N|WCiBV.  
I won's tell you why. Violet has had to make such a drastic life change or how she comes to terms with it. Unlike Dante, I think that most readers would greatly enjoy this book. In these times of actionadventure movies and computer games, many have lost the patience to be readers, thinkers, and emotional beings. I think that someone who fails to see the value in this book is missing out on a lot. <c n vZ] op"Cc  
26. When Olga read Rachel Blythe's review, she probably felt . V6E7ywg} Z0-W%W  
A. encouraged  B. indifferent  C. confused  D. depressed  >hF#m j T %VwB ?  
27. Which of these is the best summary of the passage? V3r`66 _ b#9^2o  
A. Voicing his disappointment in Adele Kwan's latest novel, Carlo Dante writhes a book review criticizing the book as uninteresting lacking in plot. |mbBE& m_St"`6 .  
B. To help her decide whether to purchase Adele Kwan's new book, The Newcomer, Olga reads opposing book reviews in her high school newspaper. :X6USx.& "e(OO/EZ S  
C. As a supporter of character-centrered novels, Rachel Blythe writes a book review defending Adele Kwan's The Newcomer because she feels many people will enjoy the book. LK[(sC=> l "d&Sgnj  
D. Olga enjoys the character-centered books of Adele Kwan and would like to read another one if it is interesting and is written in the same style. Y bh[:,f x.45!8Zb  
28. Based on information in the reviews, with which statement would both Carlo Dante and Rachel Blythe probably agree? /nOk()|L h`5au<h<  
A. The Newcomer  is an action-adventure story. byzX\yYM \DfvNeF  
B. Violet is outgoing, even around strangers. JtVJnG C \}m_`MR  
C. The Newcomer  is a powerful and captivating book. 9=<@uv\w4 i 5-V$Qh  
D. Violet has a strong bond with family members. ?%*%F)8>C }3vB_0[r  
29. Which conclusion is best supported by information in the passage? &ep8 y0rT=kU  
A. Rachel Blythe and Olga have similar reading tastes. :CZvhw>b LkNfcBa_  
B. Adele Kwan is a best-selling author. `A9)wJGh 6,oi(RAf  
C. Rachel Blythe does not read novels that are plot-driven. m.NNbNtw qWr `cO~hc  
D. Violet has become more outspoken since her move. b{jbV V ~A"ODLgU9  
30. Based on information in the passage, the reader can conclude  CRJ ") b;S~`PL  
Violet's primary source of conflict stems from her . A,hha:QO [q_Yf!(m-  
A. not being fluent in Chinese  7!'dcC- F\>`j   
B. difficulties with her schoolwork  v(U{?M59 {uw'7 d/  
C. parents being extremely strict  & !vy|Fa OPKm^}  
D. family's move to Washington State  dXmuk# y .mojx%?a  
Passage 3  z>%vSo KnU"49  
The Parthenon  :[ o-(%K0 %OW[rbE.  
The Parthenon, a building in Athens, Greece, is perhaps one of the most memorable structures on Earth. Built 25 centuries ago, it is one of the great architectural of the ancient world. There are many reasons for its greatness. F2A?kk ,g^Bu {?  
Background  (g;gnx> lt(,/  
Athens was the most important city in ancient Greece. In 480 B.C. Greece was under attack by both the Persian army and the Persian navy. The Athenian commander, Themistocles, knew that his forces could not defeat the Persian army then marching toward Athens. Hoping instead to make a stand against the Persians at sea, Themistocles and his forces fled Athens for a nearby island. Although the Persian army overwhelmed Athens and left it in ruins, the Greek navy, led by Themistocles, annihilated the Persian fleet. This victory by the Greeks led all Persian forces to retreat within one year. / `Q%/jg r;S%BFMJS  
About 30 years later the building of the Parthenon began. Construction took place between 447 and 432 B.C. During the rule of Pericles. The Parthenon was constructed on the same site as an unfinished structure intended to honor the men who had lost their in an earlier battle against the Persians. The Parthenon would stand as a symbol of the strength lives and importance of the Greek people. @/gX&U4 6bfk4 k  
Location  [spt- ~r|.GY  
Many important cities in ancient Greece had an acropolis, or “high city,” on which people constructed important buildings. The acropolis was the highest and most defensible location, so it also served as a fortress in the event of enemy attack. The Parthenon is located about 500 feet above the city of Athens. Before the Parthenon could be built, some areas of the acropolis had to be leveled down, and other areas had to built up. Then a large, solid foundation wa constructed out to limestone blocks. The entire area was buttressed by a reinforcing wall. b^5ss!Y6a (<1DPpy95O  
Description  >,T>4e/&uZ A6#ob  
The Parthenon is a rectangular structure consisting of two inner areas surrounded by columns. There are eight columns at each end and seventeen columns along each side. It is a large structure, considering when it wa built. It is about 200 feet long and about 100 feet wide. It stands about 60 feet high. x3t1i LV3 - FE)  
Construction  VLRd8+ Qp 62Jn8DwAT  
One extraordinary aspect of the Parthenon is its construction. It required between 20  000 and 30  000 tons of marble that had to be precisely carved so that huge blocks of it could be fitted together without mortar to form the columns and interior walls. P 9wB ?J)%.~!  
Perhaps even more impressive are the “optical corrections” that were used. The columns bulge slightly in the middle because expedrience had shown the Greeks that perfectly straight columns would not look straight to viewer. Because corner columns normally appear smaller than others, the comer columns of the Parthenon were made slightly thicker and were placed closer to the other columns. The columns were also designed to lean inward slightly because perfectly perpendicular columns seem to slant outward. Furthermore the platform on which the Parthenon sits was made to curve upward in the middle because perfectly level floor would appear to sag in the center. Zc'Zkg )vPce  
The Parthenon stands today despite the centuries that have passed. It is a timeless tribute to the enduring culture of the Greek people and is considered a model of excellence in concept and construction. It established the classic style of architecture seen today in many public buildings, such as the White House and the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. This architectural style is a lasting gift from the ancient Greeks to the modern world. b^ 9M u23 !nykq}kPN\  
31. The author of the passage probably views the Parthenon with . ^@]rQ9i<8 ?F`lI""E  
A. amusement B. suspicion  C. amazement  D. disapproval  m*'@, 2 Qaagi `  
32. In this passage, the word “annihilated” means . [VL/Y3J: 6x -PGq  
A. destroyed completely  B. understood  C. examined carefully 8@AcCzvK }rGDM  
 D. survived  CJj)/ggK M2V.FYV{j>  
33. The passage suggests that most important cities in ancient Greece G$b3mfuCS PQf FpmG  
had an acropolis to . S-"PCOG'p {d )Et;_  
A. protect themselves in case of invasion  [aDerB <= w*bVBuX s  
B. house a Parthenon  SwltLY [h s"a*S\a;b  
C. imprison the Persian forces  c}? #{Ij P.[>x  
D. honor Pericles  F7g ! ` 6"\.@4  
34. The reader can conclude that the Parthenon . d+VV&'Df; 2c+q~8Jv  
A. had columns made of limestone  b8Ls=U!@7 kZn!]TseN  
B. required much effort to build  3Q-& G5 q F}5mUcZ4  
C. had a palace inside for the leader of Athens  2=G<|) sIELkF?.  
D. was never completely finished  33z;lT y $p9XXZ"*  
35. What is the approximate length of the Parthenon? PRs7V(]{. FtF!Dtv  
A. 60 feet  B. 100 feet  C. 200 feet  D. 500 feet  V?{$4cz3~" >EMCG.**  
Passage 4  *1<5Cm?zm eyo)Su  
Sally Kemmerer has, so far, escaped Northern California's rolling blackouts. u<z^5Q ^?juY}rZ=|  
But up on the roof for her Oakland home, workers are tapping into, perhaps, the most reliable power source, the sun. It could mean no more worries about blackouts or power rates. 0je~0a5X huN(Q{fj  
Sally Kemmerer, homeowner says, “I hope that we'll be able to zero qkZ>]t s&fU|Jk8  
out, you know, our electric bill. I mean that's definitely our goal.” U+'bec@'% s:fnOMv "  
Turning the sun's rays into electricity is, of course, nothing new. kMhuP|AJ (/ hF~A  
But California's power crisis has cast a new light on the technology. ViXUU ,*C^ixNE  
 -  ]~5/[ QZwRg&d<o  
Gary Gerber, a solar power contractor, says, “I might have been getting, say three phone calls a week a couple of months age. I'm getting six a day now, it's completely crazy.” 'xw+j <i%? =jG3wf*  
Alternative energy is even more attractive, thanks to a state rebate program. So far this month, California's energy commission has received 200 project applications. That is more than the number of applications all last year. _Tf&,+s \64(`6>  
Putting in a solar roof is still a relatively expensive proposition. This project cost around 45000 dollars. Even taking into account the state subsidy of 12000 dollars, that leaves a net cost to the homeowner of around 33000 dollars. 1wN+`.` J4co@=AJ  
Sally says, “We were happy to find out that, eventually, the system should pay for itself, you know 20-years, maybe.” jgL(/:zy: _ l/6Qpf  
Aaron Wellendorf has had a p-v (or photovoltaic generator) for more than a year. Like most solar systems, his is not off the grid completely the utility still kicks in at night, or when there's no sun. But when there is bright light, things change. G,nt`O< xt`znNN  
Wellendorf says, “I'm turning my meter backward with extra power that I'm generating.” Backward? &q,K09U$A q#WqU8~Y  
That's right! Wellendorf's meter tracks how much power goes back into the utility grid. Last year all the paid for electricity was a service charge. That charge was around five dollars a month. kbAX5w0t. B 1p9pr  
In fact, even after powering his super-efficient household appliances and his converted electric truck, Wellendorf generated a net surplus of more than 2000-kilowatt hours. v{3YKPRD rP3)TeG6  
Unfortunately, state law doesn't require the utility to pay him for that. Wellendorf says, “I don't get it in money, I just get the satisfaction of helping out the power grid.” _Hze e 1b5 16aaIK  
And, he gets the satisfaction of being energy self-sufficient. mx*fJ6iy T]i~GkD\  
36. According to the article, the California energy commission has received 200 project applications in one month. If that rate continues, approximately how many applications will they receive his entire year? tNYU Y| XRNL;X%}7  
A. 2400  B. 1200  C. 200  D. 3600  9:"2:R C Sa<R8X' J  
37. What does “to zero out” mean? 4;EGU"l $iF7hyZ  
A. to lose a special item or treasure  `C?IT`vI h{TnvI/"  
B. to gain solar power  Xq[Y\Zk,@ ?j OpW1  
C. to pay for more reliable electrical power  >ONxC>7P 89 lPeFQ`  
D. to owe the electric utility company nothing  vjLD  RGxOb  
38. In a month of work days (approximately 20), how many calls could the solar contractor expect if this current rate continues unchanged? 7CV*jVe, %EVg.k$  
A. 60  B. 30  C. 150  D. 120  @l74 |Fq /Pf7=P  
39. What does “off the grid” mean in the context of this story? "P)Q7 h2 tzv~  
A. living in a suburban neighborhood  7mJ%-9# SE/@l i  
B. living in the only house in a wide area  ,E/x f R'80{  
C. living without the utility company's electrical power  D7uZ\D Z`:V~8=l  
D. living without any electricity from any source  '2IH ,Io9 F 'h[g.\}  
40. According to the article, when a homeowner puts in a solar roof, her worries about blackouts or power rates might be over. Why might that be true? (9Xb;(M2h; e~}+.B0  
A. Solar power may be less expensive and more reliable than power supplied by utility companies. b$>_LAp<_ fh2Pn!h+  
B. Her roof won't leak with the heavy solar panels on top of the roof. Fhl1I|X' &MKv _  
C. Putting in a solar roof is still an expensive proposition. <'L7=M!'( 0u0Hl%nl  
D. Super-efficient appliances use less electricity than regular appliances. CDPSN >4ALF[oH1J  
Part Ⅲ Vocabulary and Structure (15%) *t,/H/_$. 8.A; I<  
Directions: There are 20 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D, Choose the ONE that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center. c"tz/2. Su-+~` "  
41. Edison is the invention of the photograph. YcB\zu lOE bh  
A. attributed to B. contributed to  ,) 21 IGk oZzE.Q1T  
C. referred to D. credited with  Jt|sh_2{$ M1 oCa,8M+  
42. Some events and phenomena of outer nature ordinary explanation and ordinary experience. k/m} hWH W:tE ?H u  
A. transcend B. conquer  wtw%)db _PRm4 :  
C. prevail D. trespass  ^wT^ "f _x>u "w  
43. Some people believe that “King John” was written by Shakespeare, but some people it might be written by an author. 0 /  *F9uv)[kz  
A. delivered B. anonymous  l<w)>(  jbg@CA*=C  
C. antique D. ambiguous  ;d8{`! 1f~D Uku=  
44. In its broadest sense, attribution theory is concerned with how ordinary people make sense of the world and it more controllable and predictable by making attributions as to the causes of people's behaviors and events. R!uaQ>QU ",K6zALJ  
A. delivered B. rendered  7CYZna8k Aimgfxag  
C. practiced D. suffocated  %mmj*Z 5ax/jd~}  
45. A year has and there is no sign of the situation getting any better. 24W3~+Fc LOOv8'%O8  
A. emerged B. enclosed  2?u.B<w$=h '8W }|aF  
C. clasped D. expired  b 0e^#iY% aFbA=6  
46. As a result of their frequent litters, rabbits have the reputation of being . Avmvl$~W gFW1Nm_DJ  
A. ruthless B. prolific  h4 f5txP AAs&wYp8Yh  
C. practical D. rational  Q3iU1IiN p2cKtk+  
47. Because of the bombing that killed six people Washington has been urging the spokesman to terrorism more severely. ^jXgg>>+V, / AW]12_  
A. charge B. censor  iob2BNY- &yP9vp="  
C. blame D. denounce  r.d*lhr>T$ ABx0IdOcI  
48. Despite his disappointing record this year, I feel he is the best man in our team. E?b>b< \K>6-0r|  
A. therefore B. otherwise  Zv|Q=t ap=_odW~p  
C. moreover D. nonetheless  l :;P> oinF<-(  
49. During an international crisis, many messages will generally emanate from the president's office. e:\cC>` jF'S"_/?  
A. confidential B. abstruse  _7Xo{f]0m uODpIxN  
C. appalling D. compelling  K1SDnRW7 hd '!f  
50. Giordano Bruno strongly supported Copernicus's idea that the earth was not the center of the universe. Bruno was rewarded by being burned at the stake for this and other ideas. tOO_@= {o;J'yjre1  
A. faithful B. heretical  M65 H:A(Wd WSh+5](:  
C. bibliographical D. hysterical  bFTdGMR<x ?6a:!^eL  
51. He cannot see anything without his glasses, so he made a of remembering to get them fixed before he went to work. nZ cX21L z*kn.sW  
A. chore B. success  ?~.~D|yZ :r!n z\%WW  
C. point D. mess  |IL<Z< o^lKM?t  
52. He offered her a trip to Australia but she him flat. 1'vxqn  f v}h;?C  
A. broke... down B. turned... down  ZC#C|M2 {@({po  
C. stripped... of D. cut... of  f^<uD.F-E# zg"<N  
53. His health deteriorated rapidly due to insufficient nutrition and medical care. 1<]<a ,%D \   
A. satisfactory B. unfit  cm)SD6 x $n>.;CV  
C. incomplete D. inadequate  RCv\Uj~wI c7sW:Yzil  
54. His production techniques are elaborate and near legendary, but even if they could be , it wouldn't be the same for any other people. ~A*+`RJ3( nI dvff  
A. resembled B. approximated  =_W=kmN, r"k\G\,%  
C. duplicated D. undertaken  W*B=\wk=d |wWBV{^  
55. Howard Johnson a better brand of ice cream and a new way to sell it. #Y}@) C>w E{1O<qO<  
A. came up with B. came to  M+"o b$$ -2bu`oD `  
C. came across D. came off  ;+]qNRH P!1y@R>Ln  
56. I spent the whole day yesterday rearranging my books their subjects nPtU9/*V# DzH1q r  
and frequency of use. Um"w1 O cd ^{u  
A. as regards B. as against  Q\U`_x|8' \M<C6m5  
C. as of D. as from  Mpa>;3=lc qfx=   
57. In charge of an army of seven thousand men, he the oriental city for nine months and finally defeated it. A 5IW  8 Y!"LrkC  
A. intruded B. haunted  G|7 z)}- m.Yj{u8zX  
C. besieged D. possessed  Q)9!Q  x^xlH!Sc  
58. Today we'll discuss proposals the improvement of quality. All other proposals will be left to the next meeting. R+;umaDa-T wtIXZU x  
A. similar to B. relevant to  AuzI|x@5 IP9mv`[  
C. familiar with D. regarded as  T#&! hZ[,.  
59. It's strange that Peter his uncle in every way. .SDRIP\ {OH "d  
A. takes on B. takes to  LoY)[3u(X Me_.X_  
C. takes after D. takes down  Qy)q{?1y-~ nj]l'~Y0  
60. Lawyer have a terrible habit of using Latin and industry to mystify people and themselves more valuable. {P%Tb^*X 9jBP|I{xI  
A. inflections B. dialects  XAQ-G]D9 M4~^tML>Ey  
C. accent D. jargon  E&@Q@\bv` Rm>AU=  
61. My work is not very profitable money, but I'm getting valuable experience out of it. $q0~[T 6Q"fRXM   
A. in exchange for B. in terms of  fg e P$ MZZEqsD5[  
C. concerning D. for the matter of  uyNO W$ #R-l2OO^]  
62. One of Freud's great into the human personality was the discovery of how it is influenced by unconscious processes. ;++Kh=+Ob p48m k  
A. convictions B. concepts  /XG&o@d0h Wl\.*^`k  
C. insights D. instincts  F73XF [! ^T2o9f  
63. She felt dizzy and had to something to steady herself. 'kvvR@ 5 CC"}aV5  
A. hold onto B. hold up  \.>s]-i" NGIt~"e7R4  
C. hold forth D. hold down  fiM3<kCf | KY6IGcqV  
64. The children glanced at the box of candy they were told not to touch. UtBCYfl bN <A@}C+  
A. eminently B. covertly  (k$z:R*a4p 4AW-'W  
C. excessively D. graciously  87U~*Q$ R2,Z`I  
65. The criminal's for leniency was ignored by the jurors. &V H.ieT5 40h  
A. protest B. demand  0_CfTLhb '1P~"P3  
C. plea D. defence  oz Nl6r[DP g6aIS^mU  
66. The famous actress was imposed heavy for non-payment of taxes. (AuB;YEmN `X)y5*##wq  
A. disrepute B. penalties  g<Nw!9h bAOL<0RS9`  
C. popularity D. scandal  e$r& wm. 6,Z.R T{5  
67. The floor of his study was occupied by a mass of books and papers. `A|KLOD [A\DuJx  
A. callous B. hectic  sIdyC HV21=W  
C. chaotic D. cute  e7U1lDW! f(S9>c2  
68. The great American scientist Edison had a remarkable for inventing new things. O+/lp [ %/;*Ewwb  
A. requirement B. aptitude  Z&0nBjR" +-2W{lX  
C. obligation D. vulnerability  k|zEGwE  S(2_s,J^  
69. When automation is introduced into the factory, all the work done by hand will the assembly line. {xR}uO#LA db*yA@2Lg  
A. give way to B. take the place of  8IoAc>#y5 emT/5'y  
C. have a say in D. be contributed to  4U~q&o< BFnp[93N  
70. It you didn't get the ticket. The play wasn't good anyway. [%,9L MZd?cS  
A. is all right B. is just as well  ^Xre]{ `_"loPu  
C. doesn't matter D. serves you right  K72U<j] :;Xh`br  
Paper Two (注意:以下各题的答案必须写在Answer Sheet Ⅱ上) $VG/C( ~~r7TPq  
Part Ⅳ Cloze (15) /kaOa_ W*;r}!ro  
Directions: Fill in each of the following blanks with ONE word to complete the meaning of the passage. Write your answer on Answer Sheet Ⅱ. Rq\IrC+ /$NR@56 \  
When you're negotiating with someone, listen for the messages that he or she might be sending to you. For (71) , the word “difficult” does not mean the same as impossible. Imagine you're staying in a hotel, (72) you want to change your room. The manager's (73) of, “That would be very difficult, sir”, does not mean that (74) is saying “no”, it just means that he wants to know (75) you are prepared to offer him in return for the change of room. 7ry _6Kja b9R0"w!ml  
If you are buying a new car, and want to pay (76) than the price being asked, (77) the salesman's comment. “I'm sorry, but we never negotiate on the price” means that they do negotiate on (78) things, like the delivery time, or the “extras” that might be available (79) part of the purchase. In the same car showroom, (80) the salesman says, “Sorry, I can't negotiate prices”, then your response should be to ask who (81) the message the salesman is sending suggests that his boss is the one (82) need to be talking to. II(,S+* nPW=m`jG  
In all of these situations, the message is (83) communicated in clear terms. In any negotiation, the two “players” with to get as (84) out of it as they can, of course In the three examples above, the salesmen and hotel manager are hoping that you will (85) their price or conditions-but their “messages” make it clear that there may be room '5pZ[]Rg (&i c3/-  
for movement and compromise. qq B_Tb*n4 6c6w w"  
Part Ⅴ Translation (10%) 0#8M~6lU%/ Bv xLbl}  
Directions: Put the following passage into English. Write your OU>VST8B %`bn=~T^  
English version on Answer Sheet Ⅱ. lM{U8d-T 7I/a  
我们所知的事实是,战争并非像很多人相信的那样完全是“人性”的产物。如果正如许多人所信的那样,战争和人与人之间的暴力会在整个人类历史上并且在所有或者几乎所有的社会里存在。事实并非如此。考古学家的调查 结果似乎表明人类在很久以前是比较讲和平的。举例来说,在早先的法国洞穴绘画里,早于公元前10000 年的绘画中没有人与人打仗的画面。这一点提示,在人类早期那段时间里,相对而言人与人打仗是鲜为人知的。从某种意义上讲,这一发现并没有什么可以大 惊小怪的。在动物世界中,动物捕杀自己种类的现象是很少见的。他们确实捕杀其他种类的动物,但是不会捕杀他们自己的种类。像大多数动物一样,早期的人类中出现人类内部暴力 的比例相对较低。因此,战争不是人性固有的产物,而是某些社会和文化条件产生的结果。 zN7Ub^ sa?s[  
Part Ⅳ Writing (15%) x$9i?28O Vd;N T$S$  
Directions: Some people prefer to plan activities for their free time very carefully. Others choose not to make any plans at all for their free time. Compare the benefits of planning free time activities with the benefits of not making plans. Which do you prefer-planning or not planning for your leisure time? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice. You should write about 180 words and put your composition on Answer Sheet Ⅱ. <5!)5+G  
免费考博论坛:http://www.freekaobo.com
显示用户信息 
地板  发表于: 2007-07-17   
不好意思 不小心黏上去了呵呵
级别: 中级博友
显示用户信息 
地下室  发表于: 2008-05-06   
先恭喜下!
显示用户信息 
5楼  发表于: 2008-07-09