主题 : 2007年研究生考试真题详解(二)
级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2008-07-08   

2007年研究生考试真题详解(二)

Part B Cx.##n0  
考 点 提 示 IXR'JZ?fH  
How Can a Parent Help? u%I%4 gM  
Mothers and fathers can do a lot to ensure a safe landing in early adulthood for their kids. Even if a job’s starting salary seems too small to satisfy an emerging adult’s need for rapid content, the transition from school to work can be less of a setback if the start-up adult is ready for the move. Here are a few measure, drawn from my book Ready or Not, Here Life Comes, that parents can take to prevent what I call “work-life unreadiness”. LXhR"PWZM\  
41.                 . zD bO~.d  
You can start this process when they are 11 or 12. Periodically review their emerging strengths and weaknesses with them and work together on any shortcomings, like difficulty in communicating well or collaborating. Also, identify the kinds of interests they keep coming back to, as these offer clues to the careers that will fit them best. b0f6p>~q^  
42.                 . 8c_X`0jy  
Kids need a range of authentic role models — as opposed to members of their clique, pop stars and vaunted athletes. Have regular dinner-table discussions about people the family knows and how they got where they are. Discuss the joys and downsides of your own career and encourage your kids to form some ideas about their own future. When asked what they want to do, they should be discouraged from saying “I have no idea”. They can change their minds 200 times, but having only a foggy view of the future is of little good. u GqeT#dP  
43.                 . i1m>|[@k  
Teachers are responsible for teaching kids how to learn; parents should be responsible for teaching them how to work. Assign responsibilities around the house and make sure homework deadlines are met. Encourage teenagers to take a part-time job. Kids need plenty of practice delaying gratification and deploying effective organizational skills, such as managing time and setting priorities. IA[:-2_  
44.                 . B'`25u_e<  
Playing video games encourages immediate content. And hours of watching TV shows with canned laughter only teaches kids to process information in a passive way. At the same time, listening through earphones to the same monotonous beats for long stretches encourages kids to stay inside their bubble instead of pursuing other endeavors. All these activities can prevent the growth of important communication and thinking skills and make it difficult for kids to develop the kind of sustained concentration they will need for most jobs. :M f8q!Q'  
45.                 . ) jvI Nb  
They should know how to deal with setbacks, stresses and feelings of inadequacy. They should also learn how to solve problems and resolve conflicts, ways to brainstorm and think critically. Discussions at home can help kids practice doing these things and help them apply these skills to everyday life situations. r)K5<[\r  
What about the son or daughter who is grown but seems to be struggling and wandering aimlessly through early adulthood? Parents still have a major role to play, but now it is more delicate. They have to be careful not to come across as disappointed in their child. They should exhibit strong interest and respect for whatever currently interests their fledging adult (as naive or ill conceived as it may seem) while becoming a partner in exploring options for the future. Most of all, these new adults must feel that they are respected and supported by a family that appreciates them. V3r)u \ o'  
F.    Help Your Kids Figure Out Who They Are la!U  
41.    【解析】选[F]。本段中出现的strength and weakness及shortcomings, interests等词说明主题是关于孩子的优缺点和兴趣爱好,只有选项[F]中的Figure Out Who They Are“认识自我”才会涉及这些方面,故选[F]。 rXE0jTf:a  
Md~._@`|K  
D.    Talk about the Future on a Regular Basis uozq^sy  
42.    【解析】选[D]。本段第二句Have regular dinner-table discussions对应选项[D]中的on a Regular Basis,而且future一词在后面几句中都有体现,所以[D]为正确答案。第一句中的role models很容易导致误选[A],但[A]中的a good example 与文中a rang3 of ... rlole models矛盾。 |0}7/^  
%iEdUV\$  
B.    Build Your Kids Work Skills .>.GQUr  
43.    【解析】选[B]。第一句的parents should be responsible for teaching them how to work为本段主题,后面几句则具体阐明如何教育孩子怎样工作,因此选项[B]正确。而选项[G]为干扰项,但培养责任感只是本段主题的一个方面。 vTK8t:JQ~  
Ak kF6d+  
C.    Place Time Limits on Leisure Activities 4\*:Lc,-  
44.    【解析】选[C]。本段线索比较明显,Playing video games, watching TV shows, listening through earphones等都属于Leisure Activities的范畴,因此选[C]。 Hc8He!X*#  
L=EkY O%\"  
E.    Help Kids Develop Coping Strategies ^,AE;Z T7  
45.    【解析】选[E]。本段中的deal with, solve, resolve, think等均为cope的近义词,显然文中列举的各项技能都属于Coping Strategies,所以选项[E]为正确答案。 C<I?4WM  
H.' 9]*  
A.    Set a Good Example for Your Kids W;UPA~nT~  
Fw{@RQf8  
G.    Build Your Kids Sense of Responsibility xE^G*<mj:  
结 构 分 析 *i:8g(  
本文主要列举了父母引导孩子进入成年阶段的一些方法,共有五点:第一,帮助孩子认识自我;第二,经常谈论未来;第三,培养孩子的工作技能;第四,限制娱乐活动的时间;第五,帮助孩子形成正确处理问题的策略。 xRhGBb{@s  
全 文 翻 译 K\XQ E50  
父母怎样帮助孩子 hif;atO  
爸爸妈妈们可以做很多事来确保自己的孩子平稳过渡到成年阶段。即使工作之初的工资可能太少不能满足孩子刚步入成年时萌发的那种得到及时满足的需要,但是如果他们准备充分,这种由学校到工作的过渡就不会是一种挫折。在这里我有一些办法,是从我写的《准备好了吗,生活来了》一书中节选出来的,家长们可以采用这些办法来防止我称之为“工作生活没预备”的情况。 yUpN`;  
I *sT*;U  
帮助孩子认识自我 R%\3[  
要在孩子十一、二岁的时候开始这一进程。定期地与孩子谈论他们逐渐形成的长处和弱点,一起探讨他们的缺点,比如在有效沟通和合作方面的困难。同时,要找出孩子能长久坚持的兴趣,因为这些兴趣可以提供他们最适合做什么工作的线索。 Zy;jp*Q  
gT$WG$^i  
经常谈论未来 :.]EM*p?GV  
孩子们需要很多真正的榜样——而不是他们自己小圈子里的人或者是明星以及自负的运动员。要在饭桌上经常讨论全家都知道的大人物以及他们奋斗的过程。告诉孩子你自己事业上的喜怒哀乐,然后鼓励他们对自己的未来做出设想。当孩子被问到“以后想干什么”时,家长必须劝止他们回答说“我不知道”。孩子的设想可以换二百次,但对未来只有模糊的概念就不好了。 z _\L@b  
3ej237~F,L  
培养孩子的工作技能 8Nyz{T[  
老师们负责教孩子如何学习,而家长们应该负责教他们如何工作。家长要给孩子分配家务劳动而且要求孩子在一定期限内完成,还要鼓励十几岁的孩子做兼职工作。还要训练孩子们延缓满足和进行有效组织的能力,比如控制时间和确定优先权。 <Z3C&BM  
/}>8|#U3y  
限制娱乐活动的时间 D})/2O p   
玩电视游戏会促进瞬间满足。看几个小时的录好笑声的电视节目也只会让孩子被动地处理信息。同时,用耳机长时间听同一种单调的节拍会使孩子呆在自己的幻想中而不去追求其他的东西。以上的活动都会阻止重要的沟通和思考能力的发展,还很难使孩子们形成持久地集中注意力,而很多工作都需要这种持久注意力。 Ot`%5<E^  
_BJ:GDz>  
帮助孩子形成正确处理问题的策略 XE<5(  
他们应该知道如何处理挫折、压力和失败感。他们也要学会如何解决问题和化解冲突,以及集体讨论和批判式思考。家庭讨论可以帮助孩子锻炼这些能力并把这些能力运用到日常生活中。 m[2[9 bQ0  
如果子女在步入成年时出现思想斗争和迷失方向等情况该怎么办呢?家长仍然起主要作用,但这时的作用更加微妙。家长必须当心,不能表现出对孩子失望,而应该对孩子作为没有经验的成年人所喜爱的任何事物都表现出强烈的兴趣和尊重(那可能看起来是很幼稚或恶意的东西),并且作为伙伴与孩子一起对未来做出选择。最重要的是,即将成年的孩子需要感受到家庭的尊重、支持和赏识。 JWg.0d$hM  
Part C H,w8+vZ4\  
考 点 提 示 X;6;v]  
The study of law has been recognized for centuries as a basic intellectual discipline in European universities. However, only in recent years has it become a feature of undergraduate programs in Canadian universities. (46) Traditionally(意译为“一直以来”), legal learning has been viewed in such institutions as the special preserve(译为“专属”) of lawyers, rather than(译为“而不是”) a necessary part of the intellectual equipment of an educated person. Happily, the older and more continental view of legal education is establishing itself in a number of Canadian universities and some have even begun to offer undergraduate degrees in law. =0Y0o_  
If the study of law is beginning to establish itself as part and parcel of a general education, its aims and methods should appeal directly to journalism educators. Law is a discipline which encourages responsible judgment. On the one hand, it provides opportunities to analyze such ideas as justice, democracy and freedom. (47) On the other, it(指代law)links these concepts to everyday realities in a manner which(引导定语从句,可以用破折号表示解释说明)is parallel to(译为“类似于” )the links journalists forge on a daily basis as they cover and comment on the news(省略引导词的定语从句,前置译;they指代journalists). For example, notions of evidence and fact, of basic rights and public interest are at work in the process of journalistic judgment and production just as in courts of law. Sharpening judgment by absorbing and reflecting on law is a desirable component of a journalist’s intellectual preparation for his or her career. \-6y#R-B  
(48) But the idea that(引导同位语从句,内容提前,用“这种说法”过渡到主句)the journalist must understand the law more profoundly than an ordinary citizen rests on(意为“基于…”)an understanding of the established conventions and special responsibilities of the news media. Politics or, more broadly, the functioning of the state, is a major subject for journalists. The better informed they are about the way the state works, the better their reporting will be. (49) In fact, it is difficult to see(意译为“我们很难想象”)how journalists who(引导定语从句,前置译) do not have a clear grasp of the basic features of the Canadian Constitution can do a competent job(competent形容词转译为动词,译为“胜任工作”)on political stories(译成“报道”). gAsmPI.K  
Furthermore, the legal system and the events which occur within it are primary subjects for journalists. While the quality of legal journalism varies greatly, there is an undue reliance amongst many journalists on interpretations supplied to them by lawyers. (50) While(引导让步状语从句,顺译为“尽管…”)comment and reaction from lawyers may enhance stories(根据语境增词翻译成“增加报道的深度”), it is preferable(形容词转译为副词“最好”)for journalists to rely on their own notions of significance and make their own judgments. These can only come from a well-grounded understanding of the legal system. }(Fmr7%m  
46. 【指点迷津】本句为复杂的简单句,句子主干为legal learning has been viewed ... as ... rather than ...。注意被动语态为现在完成时,rather than后面的内容与as后面的内容并列。 zc;kNkV#1Y  
   【标准译文】一直以来,在这些大学里,法律知识的学习被看作是律师的专属,而不是受教育人士必备知识的一部分。 k# Ho7rS&  
47. 【指点迷津】句子主干为it links these concepts to everyday realities in a manner,which引导定语从句修饰前面的句子,journalists forge ... 为省略了引导词的定语从句修饰the links,as引导时间状语从句。句中几个代词(it, these, they)的指代关系需要解释清楚。 8\' tfHL  
   【标准译文】另一方面,法律以一种方式把这些观念(正义、民主和自由)同日常实际联系起来——这种联系类似于新闻记者在报道以及评论新闻时根据日常规则所形成的联系方式。 Ezew@*(  
48. 【指点迷津】句子主干为the idea ... rests on ...。that引导同位语从句修饰idea,宾语为an understanding...,其中介词短语of the established conventions and special responsibilities of ...修饰understanding。 &R4?]I  
   【标准译文】但是,记者必须比普通公民更为深刻地理解法律,这种说法是基于对新闻媒体的既定常规和特殊职责的理解。 _$@fCo0  
49. 【指点迷津】句子主干为it is difficult to see ...。how journalists ... can do ...为see的宾语从句,其中又包含who引导的定语从句修饰journalists。 27c0wzq  
       【标准译文】事实上,我们很难想象,对加拿大宪法的基本特征缺乏清楚把握的记者如何能胜任政治方面的报道工作。 S>(xx"Ia  
50. 【指点迷津】句子主干为it is preferable for journalists to rely on ...。While ...为让步状语从句。注意it is preferable for journalists to rely on ...结构中可将不定式处理成谓语,即journalists rely on ...。 Oi:Hs  
   【标准译文】尽管律师提供的评论和反馈可能会增加报道的深度,但记者最好还是应该依靠自己的理解并做出自己的判断。 WR#h~N 9c  
文 章 大 意  gvo98Id  
本文主要讨论了新闻记者掌握法律知识的必要性。作者首先指出法学在大学中地位的变化,从而引出新闻记者与法律的关系,最后得出记者掌握法律知识并依靠自己进行判断的重要性。 GiuE\J9i  
全 文 翻 译 E`^ D9:3:)  
几个世纪以来,欧洲的各所大学一直认为法学是一门基本知识学科。然而,只是在最近几年,法学才成为加拿大大学本科专业的一个特色。一直以来,在这些大学里,法律知识的学习被看作是律师的专属,而不是受教育人士必备知识的一部分。可喜的是,加拿大的许多大学正在树立更传统、更具欧洲大陆特色的法律教育观点,有些大学甚至已经开始授予法学学士学位。 ZZ^A&%E(a  
如果法学正在开始成为普通教育的重要组成部分的话,那么它的目标和方法应该会立刻吸引新闻学教育者。法律是一门鼓励合理判断的学科。一方面,它为分析像正义、民主和自由这样的概念提供机会。另一方面,法律以一种方式把这些观念同日常实际联系起来——这种联系类似于新闻记者在报道以及评论新闻时根据日常规则所形成的联系方式。比如,有关证据和事实、基本权利和公共利益这样的概念在新闻判断和新闻编写过程中就如同在法庭上一样发挥作用。通过研读并思考法律来提高判断能力是一名新闻记者为其事业做知识准备时渴望得到的。 R+uZi~  
但是,记者必须比普通公民更为深刻地理解法律,这种说法是基于对新闻媒体的既定常规和特殊职责的理解。政治,或者广义上说,国家的职能,是新闻记者报道的一个主要方面。他们对国家的机制了解得越多,他们的报道就越优秀。事实上,我们很难想象,对加拿大宪法的基本特征缺乏清楚把握的记者如何能胜任政治方面的报道工作。 We}9'X}  
此外,法律体系及其中发生的事件是新闻记者报道的主题。虽然法律报道的性质各不相同,但是许多新闻记者都过分依赖律师提供给他们的诠释。尽管律师提供的评论和反馈可能会增加报道的深度,但记者最好还是应该依靠自己的理解并做出自己的判断。这些判断只能来自于对法律体系的充分理解。 PP'5ANK  
Section III Writing H'YKj'  
t6KKfb  
Part A L{>rN`{  
参 考 范 文 ,.*D f)+  
January 20th, 2007 j1{`}\e  
Dear Sir or Madam, t-C|x)J+  
I am a frequent user of our library. First, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you as the library offers great help to us. I am writing this letter in purpose of rendering some suggestions to improve the quality of your service. >E4,zs@7t  
Firstly, you’d better arrange an inquiry desk at the circulation hall so that students could go through the procedures more efficiently. Secondly, since computers are used to streamline cataloguing, we should have access to the Internet via computers. Lastly, I suggest some outdated journals should be updated in time so as to bring new fresh air to us. CT|0KB&  
Thank you for taking time reading this letter and I hope you will find the proposals practical. Your prompt attention to my advice would be highly appreciated. MYara;k  
Yours Sincerely, $04lL/;  
      Li Ming ^C^I  
Part B By7lSbj  
分 析 与 谋 篇 0H +nVR  
题目要求首先describe the drawing,因此先仔细观察图画内容,并思考图画所要反映的社会现实意义。 _$IWr)8f  
这幅图画涉及到的人物有前锋和守门员,动作是射门及守门,环境为足球场。从图画中可以看出两个人在同一境况下所想象出来的画面完全相反:守门员觉得自己力量太小,而任务艰巨、无法完成;但在前锋脑海中出现的画面却是对手无比强大、自己难以战胜。由此我们可以总结出图画的深层寓意,那就是对同一问题的主观想法因人而异,缺乏自信则一事无成。 C,> n  
题目要求中明确指出要举例说明,所以我们可以这样安排文章结构:第一段描述图画内容;第二段揭示寓意并发表个人观点;第三段举例支持自己的观点。 D}!YF~  
参考范文 pwHe&7e#  
In this drawing, a football-player is prepared to kick a football towards the net, where a goal-keeper tries to catch the upcoming ball. On the one hand, in the player’s mind appears a scene in which the keeper becomes a giant covering the net completely. On the other hand, the goal-keeper imagines that he turns out to be a dwarf standing below the huge net. Obviously, both of them lack courage and confidence in front of challenges. HX| p4-L  
The drawing intends to show us that these two players represent those who often choose to magnify their enemies and dangers, and lose their confidence to fight against them. Accordingly, they will become hesitating and doubtful of themselves. What they can achieve in the end is nothing but failure. )^qXjF  
I can think of no better illustration than the following one. Helen Keller was born deaf, dumb and blind, certainly nothing to give her self-confidence. Nevertheless, she went on to conquer her multiple handicaps to finally become a writer and lecturer, to become an inspiration to all. This case effectively clarifies that no matter what tasks we are confronted with, we should never overestimate the difficulties or underestimate our abilities.
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

描述
快速回复

验证问题:
免费考博论坛网址是什么? 正确答案:freekaobo.com