考博报班 加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 每日签到
主题 : Try My Best, Expect the Least
级别: 中级博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2009-01-17   

Try My Best, Expect the Least

January 17, 2009     Saturday     cloudy tNmy& nsA  
I made a suggestion yesterday that the forum should encourage people to write English journals. The suggestion was accepted and rewarded by the moderator. So I am determined to be the first to start writing an English journal. Because my English level is not very high, there may be some mistakes in my journal. I hope the readers can point the mistakes out for me to correct them. Vjm_F!S  
Oh, by the way, don’t consider “journal” as a mistake. You can certainly use “diary” instead, but journal is also right. It ‘s in common use in American English.
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

清空我的评分动态本帖最近评分记录: 共5条评分记录
nanafly 流量 +5 2009-01-17 -
dba2 流量 +5 2009-01-17 -
dba2 流量 +5 2009-01-17 -
隐藏评分记录
显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2009-01-17   
I love writing journals in a forum under a pen name, because it’s a better way to give vent to my true feelings. I can write whatever I want in my journal and no one knows who I am. It’s better than just keep the journal to myself and store it in my computer. In that way maybe my journal will never be read by other people in my life time. Y"e EkT\  
  I should return to my muttons and talk about the entrance examination. I read about some of the Chinese journals in the forum and saw some study plans. I don’t agree with the person who made the plan. Don’t you think it’s too tight for you to implement? You can make your plan more flexible. You can study whatever you want when you have the passion to review one particular subject. As for me, I don’t want to stick to any rigid plan. I love studying just as I love writing journals. I can read a book, a paper or do English exercise for hours. I can study to my heart’s content. I enjoy every single moment of my study time. When I am tired I will watch English movies and TV serials for a while. I don’t think it’s dull to prepare for the exam. I suppose it as an interesting one. Although I will try my best, I expect the least. Maybe I can’t get the admission to my favorite university, maybe I will be a low-level staff in an ordinary company. I don’t expect God to show appreciation for me. I just want him to watch me try and try, once and again. I believe someday he will be moved by my perseverance and diligence. Then I may get what I deserve.
显示用户信息 
板凳  发表于: 2009-01-18   
January 18,2009     Sunday         sunny ;? uC=o>Z{  
I like studying English very much. It’s a great pleasure of my daily life especially when I am preparing for the entrance exam. I will read several pages of an English magazine aloud in both American English and Britain English and then start studying other subjects. My pronunciation is pretty good. I can speak like a native speaker. But when people ask me what my English level is, I still modestly tell them that I am a mediocre English learner. In fact I am very proud of myself in terms of English. But I know that I have to improve more because the English level of our nation has been greatly advanced. If I don’t keep learning, I will fall behind one day.
显示用户信息 
地板  发表于: 2009-01-19   
January 19, 2009   Monday   sunny o;-<|W>  
I did a simulation exam this morning with a test paper used by the Chinese Academy of Science in 1999, and I could get a score of 83. That wasn’t a satisfactory score. My aim is to get a score above 90. In order to achieve the seemingly unattainable goal, I make a daily plan elaborated as follows: h <[+HsI  
1. browsing 16 pages of a minidictionary n*qN 29sx  
2. finishing a test paper in set time cvAtwQ'  
3. writing the English journal U?U(;nSR\A  
4. reading aloud a test paper finished by myself several days ago uJ'9R`E ]1  
5. reading English magazines and newspaper `f'C[a"  
6. reading the Bible every night +>3]%i- \  
Of course I can’t allocate too much time to English study, but I can use some odd time such as the time after breakfast, the time before going to bed.
显示用户信息 
地下室  发表于: 2009-01-20   
Yesterday I bought “English study” magazine and an opern. I was so excited about the two books and ran all the way home cheerfully. I am in a high spirit and I suppose that’s a good thing for my study. L^KdMMz;  
I tried to download some test papers from the VIP section of this forum, but I lost 30 fluxes in vain with nothing back. I was furious and reflected this question to the moderator, however, he said this kind of thing was impossible. I admitted the bad fortune. It seems that it is nobody’s fault. I can’t blame others or myself. It’s just because of bad luck and a rigid computer program. I believe one day I can accumulate enough fluxes and get into the VIP section again and attain the valuable test papers successfully.
级别: 总版主
显示用户信息 
5楼  发表于: 2009-01-20   
显示用户信息 
6楼  发表于: 2009-01-21   
January 21, 2009   Wednesday     sunny TyyRj4>  
I watched Obama’s inauguration on the internet this morning. His speech is very heart-stirring. I admire him for his eloquence, and I hope I can write my English composition at least as half well as he wrote his inauguration speech draft. I can understand most of his speech easily, but there are still some words I can’t hear very clear. That means my English level has reached a certain height but not high enough. I dream of going to America one day. That’s part of the reason why I work so hard to improve my English.
显示用户信息 
7楼  发表于: 2009-01-21   
I wrote more than 1000 characters of the chapter of the book which I take part in editing. There is less time left for me to do English exercise or review statistics. You may wonder if I need so much time to write the 1000 characters. Of course the writing didn’t take me much time. What took me long time is watching TV serials. I downloaded the whole season one to season three of “Ugly Betty” and watched one episode every hour. So there is little time left for me to accomplish my tasks.
显示用户信息 
8楼  发表于: 2009-01-22   
January 22, 2009     Thursday       sunny cG<Q`(5 ~  
I affixed a sticker on the wall to remind me the tasks I had to finish, but I failed to accomplish those tasks. I lingered on one or two subjects for too long and I did the test papers too carefully so that in one day’s time I could only finish two tasks. I have to enhance my efficiency of study now. After all, time is limited and the number of tasks is large. When I take the exam, there is a time limit. If I can’t finish doing something quickly now, how can I quickly finish the test paper when I take the exam? How can I improve my study efficiency? The answer lies in focusing on everything I do. Don’t be distracted by movies, magazines and TV shows ever again! I will pay all my attention to the test papers and books. Any other things are all irrelevant.
显示用户信息 
9楼  发表于: 2009-01-23   
January 23, 2009     Friday     windy A )~ /~  
I got up early this morning. Well, that’s a good beginning, and good beginning is half done. I lost 0.2KG yesterday by doing exercises for four hours. Today I won’t spend so much time on physical exercise. I plan to spend 3 hours doing physical exercises and most of the day doing mental exercises which are mainly test papers of the entrance exams. I also need to write 2000 characters of the book I take part in editing and finish the paper I plan to publish.
描述
快速回复

验证问题:
免费考博网网址是什么? 正确答案:freekaobo.com
按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交