2004浙江工商大学考博英语真题

浙江工商大学2004年招收博士学位研究生入学考试
英语》试卷(A
    考试须知 ;CdxKr- d  
      1)本考卷共包括五大项,共9页。考试时间为180分钟,满分100分。 )qV&sru.$  
  2)试卷中的客观题用钢笔或圈珠笔将答案在各题前标出。 N"o+;yR  
  3)试卷中的客观题用钢笔或圆珠笔写在每题后的空白处,字迹需清晰端正。 ]k.'~ Syz  
   I. Vocabulary andStructure (10%): \KPwh]0  
Directions:Beloweach sentence, there are four words marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one thatis closest in meaning to the underlined word in the sentence or that bestcompletes the sentence. bR;Wf5  
1     The bridge was named______ the hero how gave his life for the cause of the people. 92S,W?(  
A) after                                             B)with ?513A>U  
C) by                                                D)from M-+= t8  
2     Therewere no tickets _______ for Friday's performance. jneos~ 'n8  
A) preferable                                     B)considerable e.ksN  
C) possible                                        D)available dsUY[X-<6  
3     If these shoes are toobig, ask the clerk to bring you a smaller _________. r:uW(<EP^  
A) suit                                              B)set \mp5G&+/Q  
C) one                                               D)pair iKN800^u  
4     Many new ______ will be openedup in the future for those with a university education. tM;S )S(=  
A) opportunities                                 B) necessities G`r*)pdm  
C) realities                                         D)probabilities E?Ofkc$q  
5     Therain was heavy and _______ the land was flooded. d9sqO9Ud8  
A) consequently                          B) continuously 0ge^p O\Z  
C) constantly                              D) consistently =C.WM*='  
6     Theengine ______ smoke and steam. Um'r6ty  
A) gives up                                 B) gives in ``4lomz>  
C) gives away                             D) gives off M,b^W:('4  
7     Don't ________ this newsto the public until we give you the go-ahead. [r5k8TB1  
A) release                                   B) relieve '}q1 F<&  
C) relate                                     D) retain FI$#x%A  
8     Whatyou have done is ______ the doctor's orders. CD+2 w cy  
A) attached to                             B) responsible to v/B:n   
C) resistant to                             D) contrary to ~NtAr1  
9     They_____ in spite of the extremely difficult conditions. qW6}^aa  
A) carried out                             B) carried of hMiuv_EO!  
C) carried on                              D) carried forward U\Hd?&`9gz  
10    My camera can be _____ totake pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions. >av.pJ(>  
A) treated                                   B) adjusted -'OO6mU  
C) adopted                                  D) remedied h8MkfHH7{  
11    Children who areover-protected by their parents may become_____ JrdH6Zg  
A) hurt                                       B)damaged )tV^)n[w  
C) spoiled                                   D) harmed $iblLZhj  
12    When Mr. Jones gets old,he will______ over his business to his son. E0i_sB~T  
A) take                                       B) hand UUt631  
C) think                                     D) get -)Y?1w  
13    It was difficult to guesswhat her ______ to the news would be. /B?hM&@z  
A) impression                             B) reaction mJ%r2$/*  
C) comment                                D) opinion ;#$zHR  
14    Therewere some ______ flowers on the table 7BX%z$_)A  
A) artificial                                B) unnatural c[Mz#BWG  
C) false                                      D) unreal M\s^>7es  
15    We are interested in theweather because it ______us to directly - what we wear, what we do, and evenhow we feel. ~"*;lT5KX  
A) benefits                                 B) affects ,Wp0,>!  
C) guides                                    D) effects kPVP+}cA  
16    Willall those _______ the proposal raise their hands? cg,_nG]i  
A) in relationto                          B) in contrastto R<!WW9IM  
C) in excess of                                   D) in favorof iK"j@1|  
17    Childrenare very curious ______. Ccocv>=Q&J  
A) at heart                                  B) in person /rNY;qXM  
C) on purpose                             D) by nature +M\*C#  
18    I hope my teacher willtake my recent illness into _______ when judging my examination. 1?(mE7H#  
A) regard                                          B)counting ?nFT51 t/4  
C) account                                  D) observation ;D/'7f7.}  
19    Important people don'toften have much free time as their work ________ all their time. omV.Qb'NS  
A) takes away                             B) takes over rrSA.J{  
C) takes up                                 D) takes in J<_&f_K0]  
20    When I was very young, Iwas terribly frightened of school, but I soon ______ it. (D8'qx-M  
A) got off                                          B) gotacross n20H{TA  
C) got away                                D) got over -}UC daQ3  
II. Reading Comprehension (15%) : 1ezQzc2-R  
Directions: Read the following three passages carefully, choosethe best answer to each question from the four choices given. D0QXvrf  
PassageA sI`i  
    With each announcement of a spectacular breakthrough in cardiac surgery,such as transplantation of the human heart, the attitude of the publicprogresses through the astonishment, disbelief, deep moral concern, outrightobjection, confusion, and finally a qualified acceptance. Inevitably the risksand complications later become public knowledge, and public misgivings areintensified. f|VP_o<  
    The electrifying news of the first human heart transplant on December 3, 1967, quiteunderstandably caught the civilized world unprepared --- not justscientifically, but also philosophically and psychologically. By what criteriawas the donor selected? Is there in every instance a “moment “ of death, ordoes it occur as a process or series of events? Such fundamental considerationshad been of universal concern for centuries, particularly to those in themedical and legal professions. But the unexpected advent of hearttransplantation placed a new agency on the problem of defining death. )m[!HE`cZ  
    The traditional definition stated that death occurred when the heartceased to beat. But questions arose in situations where the body and organsremained viable although the brain was destroyed, sometimes even bydecapitation. If the heart continued to function, was the physician obliged tosupport the remains until all signs of viability ceased? Gradually the conceptof patient death as synonymous with brain death rather than organ death gainedacceptance. aG |)k,  
1. A good title for this selection would be_____________________. UsQv!Cwu^  
A. How to Select a Transplant Donor RpLm'~N'  
B. The Ethical Questions in Heart Transplants ]?)zH:2)  
C. Death Is Difficult to Define }qz58]fyx  
D. The Story of the First Human Heart Transplant .: 7h=neEW  
2.The word “electrifying” in the secondparagraph of the passage can best be replaced by______. 3F}d,aB A  
A. extraordinary 9Zrn(D  
B. exciting Y,m H ]  
C. powerful 1shvHmrV  
D. conflicting vJq`l3 &  
3. The selection suggests that________________. OClY ,@  
  A.decapitation results in immediate heart death r9vC&pWZ  
  B.when the brain dies all organs die 3\@6i'  
  C.patient death occurs when the heart stops beating NM]6  o  
  D.patient death is not easy to define 8'cDK[L  
4. In heart transplant surgery, it isnecessary to have a definition of death because_____________. 'ZDa*9nkF  
  A.the donor must know when the recipient is dead E 0oJ|My  
  B.the doctor must know when he may remove the donor’s heart ac&tpvij  
  C.the doctor may not have learned this in medical school E>V8|Hz;  
  D.questions always arise during surgery 2dI:],7  
5. The author states that we have come toregard a patient as dead when_______________. sU}e78mh  
  A. hisreflexes no longer function i([A8C_A  
  B.he has stopped breathing Sdt @"6  
  C.his brain no longer functions gVl#pVO`N  
  D.his heart no longer functions yWK[@;S]%  
PassageB d~_OWCg`  
I was not all happy at the prospect of the 700-mile drive fromDar-es-Salaam to Nairobi.It was not that I disliked driving but I suspected that what is a very pleasanttrip in the dry season could prove disastrous during the long rains, and themonsoons had arrived the previous week. I was fully aware of the possibility ofa breakdown, of hitting large animals as they stopped, dazzled by my headlamps,or even of skidding off the road. But these dangers worried me much less thanthe thought of stretches of black cotton soil I would have to negotiate, greyand hard as concrete when dry, but a black, viscous, muddy mess with theconsistency of elastic after just one heavy shower of rain. However, I had tobe in Nairobi by the weekend so there was nothing for it but to drive; allplanes were fully booked three weeks ahead and with the railway line washed outthere was little likelihood of a train in the next few days. iCEX|T j;  
    The first half of the journey proved completely uneventful, and I was ina very cheerful frame of mind as I pulled in to Moshi in the misty dawn. Alittle later, buoyed up by an excellent breakfast and the thought of tarmacroads all the way to the border, I resumed my journey. Another 80 miles broughta complete reversal of mood; I was now within 20 miles of the border and what Isaw ahead matched my spirits. Gone were the hills, completely hidden by thelowering clouds, their ominous, gloomy depths rent by jagged flashes oflightning. <n`|zQ  
    Ten minutes later the rain struck --- an almost solid wall of water thatsmashed down on the car in a noisy frenzy, sheeted down the windscreen and madeit almost impossible for me to see where I was going. The windscreen wipers didlittle to help; they were not designed to cope with such an avalanche of water.But rain of such intensity could not last long, and by the time I reached theborder check-point the rain had ceased off to proportions I felt I could cope with. '/p5tw8  
    The check-point consisted of two poles resting on tar barrels with thehalf-completed structure of a modern control post in between. In six months orso, everything would be complete as far as I could see. In the meantime, theofficials I needed to stamp my passport and check my luggage could only be inthe bedraggled tent I noticed perched on a slope over to my left. I took off myshoes and socks, climbed out of my car and dashed over to the tent. In the tentwas an impeccably dressed immigration official sitting on a chair with his feettucked under him while a river of water flowed in under one wall of the tentand out under another. These were hardly ideal working conditions. Yet nobodywould have thought that, as he saw me, he could grin cheerfully and extend avery courteous welcome. eeX)JC0A  
6. To the writer, the greatest hazard onthe journey was the possibility of _________________. w\QpQ~OX  
  A.his car breaking down 4i19HD_  
  B.hitting large animals UmJg-~  
  C.skidding off the road HYY|) Wo  
  D.having to drive through black cotton soil [lJ[kr*7  
7. The writer was happy when he reachedMoshi because___________________. w5nRgdboy!  
  A.he had had no trouble so far RcE%?2l D  
  B.dawn was breaking and it would be easier to drive in daylight 2-CK:)n/#  
  C.he was hungry and could have breakfast in Moshi w])Sz*J  
  D.the roads leading to the border oc?VAF  
8. Near the border the writer could not seethe hills because______________________. D;E&;vP6%  
  A.there were not any hills there .KD07  
  B. the clouds had covered them [+1 i$d  
  C.it was getting darker and darker R's xa*VB  
  D.the rain was streaming down the windscreen of his car Owr`ip\  
9. According to the passage the check-point______________________. =osj}(  
  A.was incomplete 8 , =$>@u  
  B.was a modern control post cZ(XY}  
  C.was made of tar barrels g=%&p?1@E  
  D. wasin ideal working conditions I@B7uFj  
10. It can be inferred that the writer might be _____when the immigration official grinned cheerfully to him. Ob6vg^#  
  A. puzzled Gg+>_b{S5T  
  B. surprised VuY.})+J:  
  C. indifferent )eFK@goGeb  
  D. happy s6$3[9Vh&9  
Passage C ^#4s/mdVO  
Hawaii’s native minority is demanding a greater degree of sovereignty overits own affairs. But much of the archipelago’s political establishment, whichincludes the White Americans who dominated until the second world war, andpeople of Japanese, Chinese and Filipino origin, is opposed to the idea. 'tbb"MEi4  
The islands were annexed by the US in 1898 and since then Hawaii’s native peoplehave fared worse than any of its other ethnic groups. They make up over 60 percent of the state’s homeless, suffer higher levels of unemployment and theirlife span is five years less than the average Hawaiians. They are the onlymajor USnative group without some degree of autonomy. YJy*OS_&  
But a sovereignty advisory committee set up by Hawaii’s first native governor, John Waihee,has given the native’s cause a major boost by recommending that the Hawaiiannatives decide by themselves whether to re-establish a sovereign Hawaiiannation. zxh"@j$?  
However, the Hawaiian natives are not united in their demands. Somejust want greater autonomy within the state --- as enjoyed by many AmericanIndian natives over matters such as education. This is a position supported bythe Office of Hawaiian Affairs ( OHA ), a state agency set up in 1978 torepresent the natives’ interests and which has now become the moderate face ofthe native sovereignty movement. More ambitious is the Ka Lahui group, whichdeclared itself a new nation in 1987 and wants full, official independence fromthe US. jmFN*VIL  
But if Hawaiian natives are given greater autonomy, it is far fromclear how many people this will apply to. The state authorities only count asnative those people with more than 50 per cent Hawaiian blood. 6~}H3rvO}  
Native demands are not just based on political grievances, though.They also want their claim on 660,000 hectares of Hawaiian crown land to beaccepted. It is on this issue that native groups are facing most oppositionfrom the state authorities. In 1933, the state government paid the OHA US $ 136million in back rent on the crown land and many officials say that by acceptingthis payment the agency has given up its claims to legally own the land. TheOHA has vigorously disputed this. |h7v}Y  
11. Hawaii’snative minority refers to_________________. |}`5< a!6U  
A. Hawaii’s ethnic groups =T-w.}27O  
B. people of Filipino origin lm|`Lh-  
C. the Ka Lahui group |(%H O@i  
D. people with 50% Hawaiian blood |(S W  
12. Which of the following statements istrue of the Hawaiian natives? j #&  
A. Sixty percent of them are homeless or unemployed. ZwMw g t  
B. Their life span is five years shorter than average Americans. pV7Gh`<y  
C. Their life is worse than that of other ethnic groups in Hawaii. AVp [gr  
D. They are the only native group without sovereignty. D}T, z  
13. Which of the following is not true ofJohn Waihee? {9Y'v  
A. He is Hawaii’sfirst native governor. $<v_Vm?6d  
B. He has set up a sovereignty advisory committee. OL rD4 e  
C. He suggested the native people decide for themselves. R%%`wm G)"  
D. He is leading the local independence movement. q}5A^QX  
14. Which of the following groups holds aless radical attitude on the matter of sovereignty? mw[4<vfB0a  
A. American Indian natives. 0R& U18)y  
B. Office of Hawaiian Affairs. =FmU]DV  
C. The Ka Lahui group. j;)6uia*A  
D. The Hawaiian natives. MbfzGYA2~  
15. Various native Hawaiians demand all thefollowing EXCEPT_________________. "|%9xGX|D  
A. a greater autonomy within the state I*}#nY0+  
B. more back rent on the crown land D.(G9H  
C. a claim on the Hawaiian crown land &>e DCs  
D. full independence from the US B5:g{,C  
III. Translate the following passages into Chinese (40%): !9 , pX  
1.Growing old is not exactly pleasant for people in youth-orientedAmerican culture. Most Americans like to look young, act young and feel young.As the old saying goes, ”You’re as young as you feel.” Old people joke abouthow many years young they are, rather than how many years old . People in somecountries value the aged as a source of experience and wisdom. But Americansseem to favor those that are young, or at least “young at heart”. 0>iFXw:fn  
2. To make the most of our brains, then, we need to increase thecommunication between the two hemispheres and get them working together. Oneway of doing this in language learning is to read faster. Slow reading onlyencourages word for word translation and analysis, a left hemisphere process which slows down reading and makescomprehension difficult. Faster reading allows information to be processedvisually--- a right hemisphere function which is many times faster. Theinformation is also perceived as a whole. U[b;#Y1X  
3. Ian Wilmut maintains that cloning animals has tremendouspotential for helping people. Cloning sheep, he says, could be used as livingdrug factories. Scientists could “engineer” sheep that produce drugs in theirmilk. And by altering the proteins on the surfaces of animal organs to makethem more like human organs, scientists believe they be able create a plentifulsource of organ donors for people. (x qA.(F  
4. No new international effort has been made to overcome the worstof poverty and underdevelopment. Economic marginalization has been allowed tocontinue and the inequalities of the 20th century have deepened.Continued malnutrition and poor health care have left child death rates atrelatively high levels for large numbers of people. Little has been done toachieve equality between the sexes. More than 100 million primary school agechildren, two thirds of them girls, are not in school. \w^QHX1+  
IV.Translate the Following into English (15%): au|^V^m  
试论在线语言学习的真实性 Nb~dw;t  
摘要:本文对在线语言学习的三个组成部分进行了分析:以计算机为媒体的交流、真实材料的演示和在线互动活动,论证了其虚拟环境下所蕴涵的真实性以及它对于外语教学的实际意义,纠正了人们对虚拟学习环境的一些误解和偏见,为在线语言教学的正常和快速发展提供了理论依据。(参考词汇online language learning; virtual environment; authentic languagelearning f_ztnRw  
V.  Writing (20%): pm]DxJ@  
Directions: In this part, you areto write a composition with My Experience of Learning English as itstitle. Your composition should contain the three key points given below with alength of over 200 words, pleaseremember to write clearly. n=? 0g;1!  
1. My history inlearning English P/Kit?kngS  
2. The happiness andhardships I have got from learning English V:BX"$ J1  
3. Why English is soimportant to me iIaT1i4t.  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

描述
快速回复

验证问题:
免费考博网网址是什么? 正确答案:freekaobo.com