考博报班 加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 每日签到
主题 : 要理解世卫组织的声明,还是得看英文原文
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2020-02-01   
来源于 翻 译 分类

要理解世卫组织的声明,还是得看英文原文

世界卫生组织30日宣布新型冠状病毒感染肺炎疫情为国际关注的突发公共卫生事件,强调不建议实施旅行和贸易限制,并再次高度肯定中国政府和和人民的防控举措。然而,在很多外媒的报道中,世界卫生组织总干事谭德塞的一段重要声明被选择性的忽略了。而在发布会上,谭德塞实际上把这段声明重复了两遍,可见其重要性。 9c#lLKrzG  
Ns'FH(:  
}% eDEM  
以下才是 WHO 官方声明原文:▼ gf+o1\5t@  
Q"A_bdg5  
YMi/uy  
Good evening to everyone in the room, and to everyone online. 49o\^<4b  
S#,+Z7  
现场和在线的所有人晚上好。 xXOR IlD  
PmHd9^C  
Ujf,6=M  
Over the past few weeks, we have witnessed the emergence of a previously unknown pathogen, which has escalated into an unprecedented outbreak, and which has been met by an unprecedented response. iBucT"d]  
在过去的几周中,我们目睹了一种以前未知的病原体的出现,该病原体已发展为前所未有的疫情,并得到了史无前例的应对。 '?5S"??  
f6Ml[!aU  
6VC-KY  
As I have said repeatedly since my return from Beijing, the Chinese government is to be congratulated for the extraordinary measures it has taken to contain the outbreak, despite the severe social and economic impact those measures are having on the Chinese people. v{r1E]rY  
正如我从北京回来后多次说过的,中国政府为控制疫情而采取的非凡举措值得赞许,尽管这些措施对中国人民造成了严重的社会和经济影响。 /^Y[*5  
G%;kGi`m  
1t.R+1[c  
We would have seen many more cases outside China by now – and probably deaths—if it were not for the government’s efforts, and the progress they have made to protect their own people and the people of the world. vTdUuj3N  
如果不是因为中国政府的努力,以及他们在保护本国人民和世界人民方面所取得的进展,那么现在我们将会在中国境外看到更多的病例,甚至是死亡。 B;V5x/  
4h;4!I|  
DY8(g=TI|1  
The speed with which China detected the outbreak, isolated the virus, sequenced the genome and shared it with WHO and the world are very impressive, and beyond words. So is China’s commitment to transparency and to supporting other countries. sds}bo  
中国发现疫情、分离病毒、测序基因组并与世界卫生组织和全世界共享的速度令人印象深刻,难以言表。中国对透明度和支持其他国家的承诺也是如此。 7#ofNH J  
6(Vhtr2( *  
;= a_B1"9u  
In many ways, China is actually setting a new standard for outbreak response. It’s not an exaggeration. TKo<~?  
在许多方面,中国实际上都在制定应对疫情的新标准。这毫不夸张。 p-xd k|'[  
6lsEGe  
`;$h'eI9  
I also offer my profound respect and thanks to the thousands of brave health professionals and all frontline responders, who in the midst of the Spring Festival, are working 24/7 to treat the sick, save lives and bring this outbreak under control. ~g7m3  
我也向成千上万勇敢的医卫专业人员和所有一线救援人员表示深深的敬意和感谢,感谢他们在春节期间全天候治疗病患、挽救生命、控制疫情。 OM)3Y6rK  
Lc|{aN  
TcJ$[  
Thanks to their efforts, the number of cases in the rest of the world so far has remained relatively small. RU|X*3";T  
由于他们的努力,迄今为止,世界其他地区的病例数量仍然相对较少。 , 5{$+  
p?JQ[K7i  
>?I/;R.-  
There are now 98 cases in 18 countries outside China, including 8 cases of human-to-human transmission in four countries: Germany, Japan, Viet Nam and the United States of America. doR4nRl9  
k3>YBf`fC  
目前,中国以外的18个国家中有98例,其中在德国、日本、越南和美国四个国家有8个人传人病例。 JhP\u3 QE  
e>AXXUEf  
f@d9Hqr+l;  
So far we have not seen any deaths outside China, for which we must all be grateful. Although these numbers are still relatively small compared to the number of cases in China, we must all act together now to limit further spread. moZm0` WR  
到目前为止,我们还没有看到中国以外的任何死亡,对此我们所有人都应该表示感谢。尽管与中国的病例数相比,这些数字仍然相对较小,但我们现在必须共同行动以限制进一步传播。 e)b%`ntF  
I]9 C_  
8EI:(NE*J  
The vast majority of cases outside China have a travel history to Wuhan, or contact with someone with a travel history to Wuhan. X{\jK]O  
中国境外的绝大多数病例都有武汉旅行经历,或与有武汉旅行经历的人有过接触。 v+6e;xl8  
: G =FiC  
cU8xUpq  
We don’t know what sort of damage this virus could do if it were to spread in a country with a weaker health system. Ryv_1gR!  
我们不知道如果这种病毒在卫生系统较为薄弱的国家传播会造成什么样的危害。 8:dQ._#v  
cbYK5fj"T  
? JXa~.dA  
We must act now to help countries prepare for that possibility. 5jZiJw(  
我们现在必须采取行动,帮助各国为这种可能性做准备。 D(\$i.,b2  
r,;\/^u*  
;dZMa]X0  
For all of these reasons, I am declaring a public health emergency of international concern over the global outbreak of novel coronavirus. 8@eOTzm  
出于所有这些原因,我宣布全球新型新冠状病毒疫情为“国际关注的突发公共卫生事件”。 *eb-rhCVn  
tJU-<{8  
Md&WJ };L  
The main reason for this declaration is not because of what is happening in China, but because of what is happening in other countries.  rLv;Y  
作出这一声明的主要原因不是基于中国当前的情况,而是考虑其他国家当前的情况。  #fDs[  
y{=>$C[  
|5MbAqjzC  
Our greatest concern is the potential for the virus to spread to countries with weaker health systems, and which are ill-prepared to deal with it. goZ V.,w  
我们最担心病毒有可能传播到卫生系统较弱的国家,而这些国家没有做好应对准备。 :dwt 1>  
J2M(1g)t9  
+ts0^;QO2{  
Let me be clear: this declaration is not a vote of no confidence in China. On the contrary, WHO continues to have confidence in China’s capacity to control the outbreak. Vw~\H Gs/~  
让我明确一点:这项声明不是对中国的不信任投票。相反,世卫组织仍然对中国控制疫情的能力充满信心。 i$uN4tVKT  
5kMWW*Xtf  
/,tAoa~FA  
注:发布会上,谭德塞把上面这段话重复了两遍。 6Q Zp@  
5?u}#zO  
NNkP\oh\  
As you know, I was in China just a few days ago, where I met with President Xi Jinping. I left in absolutely no doubt about China’s commitment to transparency, and to protecting the world’s people. ;_+uSalt  
如大家所知,前些天我去了中国,并与习近平主席会面。我毫不怀疑中国对透明度和保护世界人民的承诺。 dh - ,E  
qJv[MBjk3B  
eJ@~o{,?>  
To the people of China and to all of those around the world who have been affected by this outbreak, we want you to know that the world stands with you. We are working diligently with national and international public health partners to bring this outbreak under control as fast as possible. 8P: spD0  
对于中国人民以及世界各地受这次疫情影响的所有人,我们希望您知道,全世界都支持你们。我们正在与各国和国际公共卫生合作伙伴共同努力,以尽快控制这一疫情。 N4!<Xj  
4. qtp`  
k%81f'H  
In total, there are now 7834 confirmed cases, including 7736 in China, representing almost 99% of all reported cases worldwide. 170 people have lost their lives to this outbreak, all of them in China. mUP.rb6  
目前,总共有7834例确诊病例,包括中国的7736例,几乎占全球报告病例的99%。在这次疫情中,有170人丧生,都在中国。 s8mr''  
N#z~  
m$2<`C =  
We must remember that these are people, not numbers. ^{yk[tHpS  
我们必须记住,这些是人,而不是数字。 %D=]ZV](  
8Ogv9  
=;L*<I  
More important than the declaration of a public health emergency are the committee’s recommendations for preventing the spread of the virus and ensuring a measured and evidence-based response. p Pro }@@  
比宣布公共卫生紧急情况更重要的,是委员会关于防止病毒传播和确保采取慎重的、循证的应对措施的建议。 |oFAGP1  
CI7A# 6-  
~$ ,qgf  
I would like to summarize those recommendations in seven key areas. _lxco=qd=%  
S?0$?w?  
我想在七个关键领域总结这些建议。 g=8un`]7  
uaPx"  
~N0 sJ%  
First, there is no reason for measures that unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade. WHO doesn’t recommend limiting trade and movement. z8_XX$Mnt  
首先,没有理由采取不必要的措施来干扰国际旅行和贸易。世卫组织不建议限制贸易和流动。 YK#fa2ng  
x!< yT?A  
*f+: <=i  
We call on all countries to implement decisions that are evidence-based and consistent. WHO stands ready to provide advice to any country that is considering which measures to take. Xl-e !  
我们呼吁所有国家执行基于证据的前后一致的决定。世卫组织随时准备向正在考虑采取哪些措施的国家提供咨询建议。 #1nJ(-D+  
evuZY X@  
Q[4: xkU  
Second, we must support countries with weaker health systems. $iw%(H  
第二,我们必须支持卫生系统薄弱的国家。 3251Vq %  
ro~+j}*   
Tny> D0Z#  
Third, accelerate the development of vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostics. R W/z1  
第三,加快疫苗、治疗剂和诊断剂的开发。 $7Jo8^RE  
N_C;&hJN$w  
'fd1Pj9~$  
Fourth, combat the spread of rumours and misinformation. AONDx3[   
第四,打击谣言和错误信息的传播。 uKr1Z2  
2][DZl  
 Ukz;0q  
Fifth, review preparedness plans, identify gaps and evaluate the resources needed to identify, isolate and care for cases, and prevent transmission. Rd*[ %)  
第五,审查备灾计划,找出差距,评估确定隔离和照顾病患以及防止传播所需的资源。 uzr\oj+>  
3(E $I5  
PXKJ^ fa  
Sixth, share data, knowledge and experience with WHO and the world. m:QG}{<.h  
第六,与世界卫生组织和全世界分享数据、知识和经验 CB\{!  
7E$&2U^Js  
pL1i| O  
And seventh, the only way we will defeat this outbreak is for all countries to work together in a spirit of solidarity and cooperation. We are all in this together, and we can only stop it together. Kb ;dKQ  
第七,战胜这场疫情的唯一方法,就是所有国家本着团结与合作的精神共同努力。我们众志成城,共同战胜疫情。 $rB3m~c|  
]jMKC8uz  
S^I,Iz+`S'  
This is the time for facts, not fear. ~"x5U{K48S  
这是尊重事实的时刻,不要无谓恐惧。 -Yi,_#3{  
upn~5>uCP  
Njc%_&r  
This is the time for science, not rumours. ='?:z2lJ   
这是相信科学的时刻,不要听信谣言。 R6;Phdh<>  
;zTuKex~  
nwI3|&  
This is the time for solidarity, not stigma. eP1nUy=T