<,(6*b  
I. 课外练习参考译文: (^ZC8)0i(  
1.    他要找一位了解他的案情,同情他的处境,并有过亲身经历的人当他的律师。 c|X.&<lX  
2.    他的著作举世闻名,而他个人却一直默默无闻,因为他一生始终避免抛头露面。 -A(] ",*J  
3.    在集中精力的过程中,要集中于一种打算;不要同时涉足各种可能的情况而搞得精疲力竭一事无成。 puG$\D-[  
4.    书可以比作邻居:如果是好的,相处愈久愈好;如果是坏的,分手愈早愈好。 4Smno%jq  
5.    美国没有履行这种神圣的义务,相反,只是给黑人开了一张空头支票,上面盖了“资金不足”的戳子后被退了回来。 #*BcO-N  
6.    朋友是能使你表现出自己最佳品质的人,和他在一起你就会精神焕发,并且变得更具有友谊所要求的种种内涵。 J Xo_l  
7.    有了汽油,我们才有了汽车,取代了私人马车;有了汽油,我们才有可能飞上天空。 HTao)`.  
8.    由于保险金的支付范围有限,许多人无论在感情上或经济上都必须靠自己的力量在家中照料病弱或康复中的亲人。 Us+|L|/  
9.    过去六年里,每60名奖学金获得者中就有44名是外来移民的子女。人才奖的评选,当然是指这十年,不仅为美国教育,也为美国移民增添了光彩。 2P`hdg  
10.    这种种新的建筑风格已经非常有力地塑造了香港在海外的形象。在拥挤的空中出现了两幢令人叹为观止的新建筑点缀其间,一幢是私营的汇丰银行大楼,另一幢是中国银行总部,代表并象征了香港相互竞争的经济利益、文化和意识形态。 ;eI,1 [_  
bmr.EB/  
II. 英汉翻译原理第二讲: 什么是好的译文? 8c`g{ *z  
H^_[nL  
【例7】    Public opinion plays a vital and healthy role in the political realm. IFlDw}M!9  
×公共舆论在政治领域起着生命力的、健康的作用。 [?r`8K2!,  
【译文】    舆论在政治领域起着极其重要的、有益的作用。 z\*ii<- @  
【例8】    I am sure that it would change the situation if you are kind enough to lend support to me. rBye%rQRq  
×我相信如果你有足够的好心支持我的话,它将会改变形势。 mg[=~&J^  
【译文】    我相信如果你非常好心能撑我一把的话,情况就不一样了。 W&q]bi@C  
【例9】    Jobs and work do much more than most of us realize to provide happiness and contentment. %k_R;/fjW  
×职业和工作带来很大的幸福和满足,而我们大多数人并不意识到这一点。 DDq*#;dP  
【译文】    职业和工作对于获得幸福和满足起了很大的作用,我们大多数人对此却认识不足。 Q9tBHz  
9eo$Duws  
两类问题:一类是译文语义基本符合原文,但汉语表达有欠正确;另一类是汉语表达尚有可读性,但译文语义不符原文。 oJK1~;:  
/@g D 8  
目前翻译界普遍接受的,也是作为一般翻译学习者必须努力掌握的标准,简而言之是两条:忠实 (Faithfulness) 和流畅 (Smoothness)。 \\AufAkJ  
@Iia>G @Rz  
【例10】    For Nat Nakasa the pledge he was required to sign -- to leave his country and never return proved too much; he committed suicide in New York. FU kO$jnO  
×纳特•纳卡萨不得不发誓离开祖国,不管情况如何永不返家,并自杀于纽约。 NVU@m+m~  
【译文】    对纳特•纳卡萨来说,要他签字保证离开祖国永不返回是难以接受的:他在纽约自杀了。 |&`N B|  
【例11】    In the wake of his mother's death some thirty-six years later, Hemingway turned back to the adventure and tried to write a novel about it. AWsO? |YT  
×在他母亲去世36年之后,海明威又想起了那次历险奇遇,并试图写一部小说。 }26?bd@e`  
【译文】    大约36年过后,在他母亲去世后的不久海明威又想起了那次遭遇的险情,并试图就此写一部小说。 k"Y9Kc0XoU  
|&eZ[Sy(=l  
外语腔是初学翻译者不知不觉地会在汉语译文中表现出来的一种不当倾向。翻译时所要表达的内容来自外语原文,原文的词语和结构形式随着内容一起进入到我们的大脑,于是原文的语言形式被带入译文,造成了译文的外语腔。 <e-9We."  
【例12】    The only concession he made to the climate was to wear a white dinner jacket. Y!c RzQ  
×他对气候的唯一让步就是穿了一件白色的短餐衣。 h}k&#X) 7  
【译文】    气候变化,他仅稍稍作了一点变通,赴宴时穿了件白色的短礼服。 f=]+\0MQ  
【例13】    If certain animal psychologists are right, a dog adopts his family in a most literal way -- taking it for granted that the family is the band of dogs he belongs to. t}>6"^}U  
×假如某些动物心理学家的分析正确,狗在很大程度上代表着它的家人 - 理所当然这一家也就属于狗帮了。 x9k(mn%,  
【译文】    假如有些动物心理学家的分析正确,狗对于他所在家庭的认同是非常实际的--它理所当然地认为这一家人就是它所归属的一群狗。 FivgOa  
3`uv/O2~i  
现代西方著名翻译理论家Eugene A. Nida 在其理论著述中经常谈到读者反应的问题。他认为,翻译的服务对象是读者,要评判译文质量的优劣,必须看读者对译文的反应如何,同时必须把这种反应与原作读者对原文可能产生的反应进行对比,看两种反应是否基本一致。 _TfG-Ae  
^2%_AP0=  
除了忠实和流畅这两项基本标准之外,好的译文还必须保持原文的风格,包括民族风格、时代风格、语体风格、作者个人的语言风格等。文艺作品的翻译尤其要求这样做。译者不能破坏或改变原文的风格,不能以译者的风格代替原作的风格。 B{$4 s8XU  
A;7p  
III. 课堂练习(努力按照忠实原文和译文流畅两项标准,把下列句子译成汉语): Q]]}8l2  
1.    She couldn't have come at a better time. 64 9{\;*4  
2.    She has been a widow only six months. ^ cpQ*Fz  
3.    I believe the speech was needlessly stubborn. 4scY 8(1  
4.    The Macedonian argument has a Greek dimension too. (oTtnQ""+  
5.    The Englishman feels no less deeply than any other nationality. <9z2:^  
6.    From a physical standpoint, there ought to be as many colours as there are different wave lengths. piKYO+;W'  
7.    But the next century we'll be able to alter our DNA radically, encoding our visions and vanities while concocting new life-forms. L;N)l2m.\  
8.    As a human being, we should demonstrate our intellectual and moral superiority by respecting others for who they are -- instead of rejecting them for who/what they are not. #$7d1bx  
12qX[39/  
IV. 课堂练习参考译文: `>KB8SY:qK  
1.    她来得正是时候。 =?g26>dYo  
2.    她的丈夫去世至今不过半年。 bC*( ,n<'  
3.    我认为那篇讲话口气强硬,大可不必。 (3a]#`Q  
4.    马其顿之争同希腊也有关系。 Dx`-Kg_p  
5.    英国人同其他民族一样,也有丰富的感情。 g} \$9  
6.    从物理学的观点来看,不同的波长有多少种,颜色就有多少种。 aVkgE>  
7.    但下个世纪我们将能根本改变DNA,能在构建新的生命时把我们的种种想象、种种出于虚荣的要求,都编入遗传密码。 j#L"fW^GM  
8.    作为人,我们应该不问他人的身份如何都尊重他们,从而显示出自己高超的智慧和道德,而不要因为他们没有某种身份或地位而去卑视他们。 eGcc'LBr;  
K8`Jl=}z%&  
V. 课外练习(努力按照忠实原文和译文流畅两项标准,把下列短文译成汉语): F/,K8<|r>  
=)_9GO  
I first took up walking as a means of escape. After a busy morning in my office, I found it refreshing to take a stroll at lunchtime, to breathe the fresh air and feel the sun. Another walk in the cold night air was, I discovered, an exhilarating way to unwind. *nJy  
I'll never forget the feeling I got one winter night as I walked the deserted streets after many grueling hours at the hospital. I suddenly realized that I no longer felt tense or tired. All the worries about my patients' illnesses, as well as my own personal cares, seemed to evaporate as quickly as the smoky vapor of my breath in the frosty night.        As I incorporated walking into my schedule, not only were my spirits lifted, but my weight and blood pressure were gradually reduced. I began reviewing the medical literature on walking. From this research, and my clinical observations as a family physician, I found that it is possible to walk your way to better health, a trimmer body and a longer life -- no matter what your age.         .m%/JquMFM  
Walking -- like swimming, bicycling and running -- is an aerobic exercise which builds the capacity for energy output and physical endurance by increasing the supply of oxygen to skin and muscles. Such exercise may be a primary factor in the prevention of heart and circulatory disease.         ffyDi1Q  
As probably the least strenuous, safest aerobic activity, walking is the most acceptable exercise for the greatest number of people. Walking at comfortable speed improves the efficiency of the cardio-respiratory system by stimulating the lungs and heart, but at a more gradual rate than most other forms of exercise.      (279 words)
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2016-11-21   
时间长了,应该还有用