Part I Listening Comprehension 15% (20 minutes) mVEIHzk2b  
\k{d'R#~(  
3&6sQ-}*  
@z^7*#vQv  
Section A ]k8f1F  
(/FG#D.  
GI@;76Qf  
5O;D\M{>  
Directions: In this section, you will hear ten short conversations. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the question will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre. R90#T6^  
U>sEFzBup  
gVrfZ&XF84  
Ckc5;:b&m  
vR&b2G7o  
~~=]_lwyK%  
%C r TO(  
1. A. From the policemen. C. In the town. n5z|@I`S_  
I E{:{b\  
34Cnbtq^  
;/t~MH  
B. In the car. D. At the police station. 4Y1dkg1y  
'Yi="kno  
Te`@{>  
|QD#Dx1_  
c3 )jsf  
*Q)-"]O(k  
:K5?&kT  
2. A. Doctor. C. Receptionist. 1xu~@v 60  
Y`(~eNX^%  
BMqr YW  
5E*Qqe  
B. Secretary. D. Patient. jgS3#  
tfu`_6  
S^;;\0#NK  
9 )!}  
,i Y:#E  
pwkTe  
&]GR*a  
3. A. Mr. Bixy's secretary. C. A typist. IsShAi  
KVr9kcs  
,k=8|=aF  
!tcz_%  
B. Mr. Bixby's friend. D. Mr. Bixby's client.  dpK -  
G+Bk!o  
2g~ @99`  
ij! ],  
7qZC+x6_L  
?qi~8.<w  
j*[P\Cm  
4. A. Ron. C. Lucy. !>D[Y  
|TP,   
WG@3+R>{  
o ABrhK  
B. Ron's friend. D. Lucy's husband. qp/1 t C`  
Yh!=mW!OY  
vz>9jw:Y  
X 6tJ  
p5tb=Zg_  
S9] I [4  
f6yj\qq]  
5. A. Visiting as many places as he can. C. Visiting his friends here. &P>& T  
hc[J,yG  
ep?D;g  
W]DGt|JP  
B. Visiting a variety of museums. D. Visiting the art museums. /} z9(  
rks"y&&Nc  
y<w_>O  
:aomDK*  
R`E:`t4G  
`B4Ilh"d  
,zr9*t  
6. A. The first speaker's is going to spend the weekend there and then visit some friends. 8/(}Wet  
wdfbl_`T  
=0] K(p,  
yP"}(!~m  
B. The first speaker is going to visit some friends there. JbL3/h]  
8s2y!pn7Q  
Zi+FIQ(  
:wXiz`VH  
C. The first speaker is going to attend a conference there. 6H: fg  
Anu:  
*#b e  
ar\|D\0V  
D. The first speaker is going to see a doctor there. >'W,8F  
]xMZo){[|  
^h2+""  
,7bhUE/VB  
 R*2N\2  
!J<Xel {  
J&fIW Z  
7. A. Making some money. Pg:xC9w4  
{[tmz;C  
XP o#qT8n  
d]E={}qo&  
B. This spring. f4\$<g/~  
au+Jz_$)  
)Cj1VjAg  
HM0&%  
C. Thinking. M>m!\bb%.  
()Kaxcs?+  
"*D9.LyM  
g$#A'Du  
D. Putting on a show. 48^C+#Jbc  
'}(>s%~  
rZpsC}C'  
A|1xK90^XT  
>'q]ypA1  
Z3c\}HLY  
.rO~a.kG  
8. A. By subway. C. By bus. syg{qtBz^  
yH-&o,  
K)    
lMu9Dp  
B. By taxi. D. On foot. Xw'sh#i2  
2e1%L,y{W  
Cq/u $G  
]zyT_}&  
"IQYy~ /  
=>c0NT  
`3ha~+Goo!  
9. A. 39 B. 27 C.54 D. 93 d9S?dx  
BNjMq  
"}1cQ|0a  
7K.],eo0  
am3.Dt2\  
G)[gLD{g?  
K]B`&ih  
10. A. The second speaker had a very serious accident. :TP4f ?FA  
A9@coP5  
PPV T2;9  
{ ixKc  
B. The first speaker is feeling well. Q%q;=a  
-a>CF^tH  
k)D5>T  
,Nw2cv}D  
C. The first speaker doesn't know what happened to the second speaker. M Ht ~ZVH  
f ]_ki  
DVwB}W~  
PB"=\>]`N  
D. The first speaker thought that the accident was not serious. JBHPI@Qt%  
O86p]Lr  
q'y< UyT6  
A9]& w  
4noy!h  
W+8s>  
bM?29cs  
Section B di+ |` O  
[OOQ0c~  
F?FfRzZ[  
<VstnJo`Z  
Directions: In this section, you will hear 3 short passages. At the end of each passage, you will hear some questions. Both the passage and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A, B, C and D. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre. Crj7n/mp]s  
icIWv  
^yl}/OD  
;K>'Gl  
=~W=}  
h:G>w`X  
Z 1wtOL  
Passage 1 n!SHExBp  
`Xeiz'~f8  
5wAKA`p"z  
r: >RH,  
Questions 11 to 13 are based on the passage you have just heard. K8 [Um!(  
!"RRw&0M  
O/#uQn}  
6;s[dw5T  
1k)pJzsc  
:Hr Fbq  
/joY? T  
11. A. Why people need to sleep. C. Two purposes of sleep. +%klS `_  
="vg/@.>i  
D{y7[#$h$  
*[b>]GXd49  
B. Two kinds of sleep. D. Why and how people sleep. Y}2Sr-@u  
3 4%B0  
uH'?Ikx"  
S|@/"?DC  
0T(+z)Ki  
=)g}$r &<  
!m-`~3P#l,  
12. A. Active sleep. C. Physical sleep. q`L )^In"  
#QcRN?s  
2&]LZ:(  
I 2OQ  
B. Passive sleep. D. Emotional sleep. =6=:OId  
~QPTs1Vk8  
-}!mi V  
BaIuOZ@,  
c[ 0`8s!  
gCG #?f  
bE2O[B  
13. A. Only when people sleep well, will they feel rested. \SO)|M>.a  
(>x05nh  
mDbTOtD  
>!']w{G  
B. Dreaming occurs in active sleep and helps restore our energy. Tl[*(| /C  
|%F4`gz8KP  
C^B$_?  
ly6zz|c5  
C. All people dream for one and a half hours during eight hours of sleep. kMnG1K  
GU@#\3  
39P55B/o%  
~UO}PI`C  
D. Dreaming won't occur until the passive sleep period is over.
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

级别: 总版主
显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2007-01-23   
Passage 2 Questions 14 to 17 are based on the passage you have just heard. 14. A. Chinese readers.           C. The Romans.B. German readers.           D. Non-Chinese. 15. A. The first of January.         C. The middle of winter.B. The middle of November.       D. The beginning of the harvest season 16.A. It means a period of rest from workB. It brings us a good life.C. It symbolizes a new life with new hope.D. It embodies a happy occasion. 17. A. The celebration of the New Year.   B. The difference between the western New Year and Chinese New Year.   C. The origin of the New Year festival.D. The significance of the New Year festival. Passage 3 Questions 18 to 20 are based on the passage you have just heard. 18. A. When she was a graduate.         C. When she entered a university.   B. At the age of sixteen.           D. Before she entered a university. 19. A. Because she wanted to make friends with the staff.   B. Because she wanted to earn extra money for the summer vacation.   C. Because she wanted to get some experience in a hotel.   D. Not mentioned. 20. The head waiter had a sense of humor   B. The woman didn't care much about her appearance.   C. The woman was easy-going and carefree.D. The hotel was not far from where they lived. Part II Vocabulary (10%) (10 minutes) Directions: Below each sentence, there are four words marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one that is closest in meaning to the underlined word in the sentence or that best completes the sentence. Write the corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet. 21. Smith's position in this agency provides him with authority to award contracts and to __ obligations for payment of bills as well.A. incure             C. resumeB. support             D. incite 22. For all her rich experience in practicing law, the lawyor failed to pry much information out of the   witness.A. sophisticated         C. obstinateB. sober             D. gloomy 23. Shanghai Orient Men Basketball Team attributed its   National League Basketball Tournament in 2002 to a number of   factors.A. losing...ominous         C. winning...advantageousB. embarrassing...optimistic   D. winning...adventurous 24. A(n)   of employment opportunities   prospective employees entering the job market.A. excess...impedes         C lack…inspiresB. surfeit...hinder         D. dearth...discourages 25. Anyone who believes that war is stupid and unnecessary thinks that to lose one's life on the battlefield is   .A. glorious               C. heroicB. futitle               D. courageous 26. Unruly people may well become   if they are delt with   by the people around them.   A. composed...respect       C. angry...benevolenceB. clam...irritation         D. dangerous...favoured 27. I was absolutely   when I received a C on the exam in mathematics, for I was positive that I could have got an A.A. elated             C. incitedB. frustrated           D. contented 28. In this youthhood, Jack was withdrawn, preferring the company of books to that of people; consequently, in his adulthood Jack was socially   .A. successful           C tranquil0B. uninhibited           D. inept 29. Scientists believe that a conclusion which is drawn readily before all of the relevant data are
显示用户信息 
板凳  发表于: 2007-01-23   
collected, analyzed and contemplated is called   .A. insincere             C. prematureB. premise             D. presumption 30. The advancement of science and technology has demonstrated that a fact appearing to contradict to certain theory may actually be   a more advanced formulation of that theory.A. consistent with         C. eliminated byB. in opposition to         D. incompatible with 31. Nancy is an advocate of consumer rights and has spent a great part of her professional career attempting to __ the deceitful claims of business companies.A. show on     B. show out   C. show off   D. show up 32. The lover of democracy has an   towards totalitarianism.A. empathy           C. sympathyB. antipalthy           D. symphony 33. As he has faith in Mary's integrity, Mr. Lee offers to   with the president on her behalf concerning the "cheating" matter.A. interrupt           C. interjectB. interfere           D. intervene 34. Jenny's wealth of practical experience and psychological acuity (sharpness) more than   her lack of formal academic training.A. compensate for         C. speak volumes forB. account for           D. make for 35. Applied science is   discovering ways to use the knowledge of theoretical science.A. concerned about       C. concerned forB. combined with         D. concerned with 36. The former president is to verify at a human rights court heating cases of atrocities.A. testify             C. provideB. conform             D. supply 37. As is known to all, the rail service now operates without a sum of money granted by the government for assistance.   A. bonus             C. yieldB. pension             D. subsidy 38. In the Anti-Japanese War, flexibility and mobility were the features of the Chinese Eighth Route Army and Communist guerrillas.A. characters           C. contributesB. attributes             D. properties 39. As a yieldance to the public outcry, the government reduced the tax on income.A. recession             C. concessionB. permission           D. possession 40. In the dim light, I managed to discern the shadowy figure of a big dog among the trees.A. make off             C. make outB. make up             D. make over III. Structure (5%) (10 minutes) Directions: There are four words or phrases marked A, B, C and D beneath each sentence. You are to choose the one which can best complete the sentence if inserted at the blank space. Write the corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet. 41. If this evil man remained unpunished, our social moral standard   .   A. will undermine'         C. would be underminedB. would undermine       D. will be undermined 42. Mary' s eyes are red now, she must   on hearing the sad news.   A. cry               C. be crying   B. have been crying         D. have cried 43. She brought her rage under control, her smiling face   her real feeling.A. disguised             C. disguiseB. disguising           D. to disguise 44. The mechanic couldn't operate the machine   his efforts.A. for all             C. but forB. owing to             D. according to 45. Eating more nutritious food than is needed doesn't make it function better,   overfilling the tank makes a car move faster.A. not more than         C. less thanB. no more than           D. any more than
显示用户信息 
地板  发表于: 2007-01-23   
46. David was so careful on the test that his paper was   .A. with some errors         C. full of errorsB. free from errors         D. not having some errors 47. The TV star accompanied by many fans   deliver a speech in no time.A. are to             C. is toB. are being to           D. is being to 48. The manager thinks it desirable that some adjustments   without delay.A. are made           C. be madeB. made             D. will be made 49. I met with something difficult to deal with and intended to turn to my teachers for help yesterday. I rushed into the office only to find not a single teacher   there.A. I could consult         C. I could consult with   B. could I consult on       D. could I consult 50.   revealed the secret?A. Who was it that         C. Who was it whoB. It was who that         D. It was whom that IV. Error Identification (5%) (10 minutes)Directions: There are four underlined words or parts marked A, B, C and D in each of the following sentences. Choose the one that you think incorrect, and write the corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet. 51. Many motions submitted at the first session of the 10th National People's Congress called for             A                                     Bguarantees of the rights of laid -off workers, migrant labourers except for safeguards for the                                     C         Dnational economy and social security system. 52. To meet increasing demand, Shanghai has embarked upon the huge Shanghai         A                   BHarbour International Passenger Terminal Centre, locating on the City's Huanpu                             CRiver, at a cost of 3.2 billion yuan.     D 53. This scenic capital began construction of a massive project comprises a water       A                 B           Cpipeline network and two water processing plants.                       D 54. The training of performers, directors, and designers have been the purpose of             A                   B       C   American National Theatre and Academy for over 50 years.                           D 55. The infectious disease was broken out in Hainan that summer and hundreds of       A           B   people were dead, many children included. C             D 56. I intended to have her accompany me to the concert yesterday evening, but she         A       B   rejected my request.C       D 57. All these dictionaries which have been donated by a publishing house are to be     A         B                 C         Dused by the students here. 58. Were it not for his illness last week, he would have been quite enthusiastic about     A                     B               Cthe plan and done something for it.           D 59. So far as the influence of computerization is concerned, nowhere we can see the     A                                   Bresults more clearly than in the US, which really have amazed us.                 C               D 60. Come in and have a look at the person seated by the window. He is no more a man                         A   B             Cthan the one you are looking for. `m<O!I"A  
457{9k  
V. Reading (25%) (60 minutes)Directions: Read the fotlowing five passages carefully, choose the best answer to each question from the four choices given, and then write the corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet. Passage 1   Birds sometimes exhibit benevolent feelings; they will feed the deserted young ones even of distinct species, but this perhaps ought to be considered as a mistaken instinct. They will feed, as shown in an earlier part of this work, adult birds of their own species which have become blind. Mr. Buxton gives a curious account of a parrot which took care of a frost-bitten and crippled bird of a distinct species, cleansed her feathers and defended her from the attacks of the other parrots which roamed freely about his garden. It is a still more curious fact that these birds apparently evince some sympathy for the pleasures of their fellows. When a pair of cockatoos made a nest in an acacia tree "it was ridiculous to see the extravagant interest taken in the matter by the others of the same species." These parrots also evinced unbounded curiosity and clearly had "the idea of property and possession." They have good memories, for in the Zoological Gardens they have plainly recognized their former masters after an interval of some months.Birds possess acute powers of observation. Every mated bird, of course, recognizes its fellow. Audubon states that a certain number of mating thrushes (Mimus polyglottus) remain all the year round in Louisiana, while others migrate to the Eastern States; these latter on their return are instantly recognized and always attacked by their southern brethren. Birds under confinement distinguish different persons, as is proved by the strong and permanent antipath or affection which they show without any apparent cause toward certain individuals. I have heard of numerous instances with jays, partridges, canaries, and especially bullfinches. Mr. Husscy has described in how extraordinary a manner a tamed partidge recognized everybody; and its likes and dislikes were very strong This bird seemed "fond of gay colors, and no new gown or cap could be put on without catching his attention." Mr. Hcwitt has described the habits of some ducks (recenfiy descended from wild birds) which at the approach of a strange dog or cat would rush headlong into the water and exhaust themselves in their attempts to escape; but they knew Mr. Hewitt's own dogs and cats so well that they would lie down and bask in the sun close to them. They always moved away from a strange man, and so they would from the lady who attended them if she made any great change in her dress. Audubon relates that he reared and tamed a wild turkey which always ran away from any strange dog; this bird escaped into the woods, and some days afterward Audubon saw, as he thought, a wild turkey and made his dog chase it; but to his astonishment the bird did not nm away, and the dog when he came up did not attack the bird, for they mutually recognized each other as old friends.Mr. Jenner Weir is convinced that birds pay particular attention to the colors of other birds, sometimes out of jealousy and sometimes as a sign of kinship. Thus he turned a reed-bunting (Emberiza sehoeniculus), which had acquired its black headdress, into his aviary, and the newcomer was not noticed by any bird except by a bullfinch, which is likewise black-headed_ This bullfinch was a very quiet bird, and had never before quarreled with any of its comrades, including another reed-bunting, which had not as yet become black-headed; but the reed-bunting with a black head was so unmercifully treated that it had to be removed. 61. Why does Darwin cite Mr. Buxton?A. To support his theory about birds' powers of observation.B. To support his statement about birds' benevolence.C. To contrast with his own observations of birds,D. Both A and B. 62. Why does Darwin mention jays, partridges, canaries, and bullfinches?A. To explain why some birds cannot be trained.B. To educate his reader on types of local birds.C. To contrast with a later discussion of shore birds.D. To support his discussion of birds' memories. 63. What does Darwin mean by "a sign of kinship"A. Mark of common parentage.   B. Premonition of future union.   C. Symbol of compatibility.D. Evidence of family relationship. 64. A good title for paragraph 3 might beA. "Different-Colored Birds"B. "Bullfinches and Their Colors"C. "An Example of Color Recognitiion in Birds"D. "Captive Birds" 65. The main purpose of this passage is toA. compare three species of birds   B. review current studies of birds   C. compare wild birds to confined birdsD. discuss some traits of birds Passage 2     At the end of what seemed a tedious while, I had managed to pack my head full of islands, towns, bars, "points," and bends; and a curiously inanimate mass of lamber it was, too. However, inasmuch as I could shut my eyes and reel off a good long string of these names without leaving out more than ten miles of river in every filly, I began to feel that I could make her skip those little gaps. But of course my complacency could hardly get start enough to lift my nose a trifle into the air, before Mr. Bixby would think of something to fetch it down again. One day he turned on me suddenly with this settler:     "What is the shape of Walnut Bend?"     He might as well have asked me my grandmother's opinion of protoplasm( 原生质)。 I reflected respectfully, and then said I didn't know it had any particular shape. My gunpowdery chief went off with a bang, of course, and then went on loading and firing until he was out of adjectives.   I had learned long ago that he only carried just so many rounds of ammunition, and was sure to subside into a very placable and even remorseful old smoothbore as soon as they were all gone. That word "old" is merely affectionate; he was not more than thirty-four. I waited. By and by he said:   "My boy, you've got to know the shape of the river perfectly. It is all there is left to steer by on a very dark night Everything else is blotted out and gone. But mind you, it hasn't the same shape in the night that it has in the daytime."   "How on earth am I ever going to learn, then?"   "How do you follow a hall at home in the dark? Because you know the shape of it. You can't see it."   "Do you mean to say that I've got to know all the million trifling variations of shape in the banks of this interminable river as well as I know the shape of the front hall at home?"     "On my honor, you've got to know them better than any man ever did know the shapes of the has in his own house."   "I wish I was dead!"     "Now I don't want to discourage you, but" --     "Well pile it on me; ! might as well have it now as another time.""You see, this has got to be learned; there isn't any getting around it A clear starlight night throws such heavy shadows that, if you didn't know the shape of a shore perfectly, you would claw away from every bunch of timber, because you would take the black shadow of it for a solid cape; and you see you would be getting scared to death every fifteen minutes by the watck You would be fifty yards from shore al the time when you ought to be within fifty feet of it. You can't see a snag in one of those shadows, but you know exactly where it is, and the shape of the river tells you when you are coming to it. Then there's your pitch-dark night; the river is a very different shape on a pitch-dark night from what it is on a starlight night. All shores seem to be straight lines, then, and mighty dim ones, too; and you'd nm them for straight lines, only you know better. You boldly drive your boat right into what seems to be a solid straight wall (you knowing very well that in reality there is a curve there), and that wall falls back and makes way for you. Then there's your gray mist. You take a night when there's one of these grisly, drizzly, gray mists, and then there isn't any
显示用户信息 
地下室  发表于: 2007-01-23   
particular shape to a shore. A gray mist would tangle the head of the oldest man that ever lived. Well, then different kinds of moonlight change the shape 0fthe river in different ways. 66. When Twain compares a question to asking his "grandmother's opinion of protoplasm" (line 10 ), he means thatA. the question is inane.B. the speaker is very old.C. he does not know the answer.D. his grandmother would be able to respond. 67 Twain compares his chief to a gun point out the chief'sA. splendid postureB. peppery temperC. love of huntingD. violent past 68. When Twain writes that Mr. Bixby "carried just so many rounds of ammunition," he means thatA. Bixby used a pistol to settle argumentsB. Bixby loaded and fired his gun at randomC. Bixby's gun was out of bulletsD. Bixby's hot temper would soon subside 69. Twain's reaction to Mr. Bixby's insistence on the need to know the river at night isA. despair           C. puzzlementB. elation           D. humility 70. Mr. Bixby is shown to be extremelyA. knowledgeable   B. rude   C. condescendingD. fearful Passage 3     The United States court system, as part of the federal system of government, is characterized by dual judicial systems; there are both state and federal courts. Each state has its own system of courts, composed of civil and criminal trial courts, sometimes intermediate courts of appeal, and a state Supreme Court. The federal court system consists of a series of trial courts (called district courts) serving relatively small geographic regions (there is at least one for every state), a tier of circuit courts of appeal that hear appeals from many district courts in a particular geographic region, and the Supreme Court of the United Slates. The two court systems are to some extent overlapping, in that certain kinds of disputes may be initiated in either system. They are also to some extent hierarchical (等级制度的), for the federal system stands above the state system in that litigant (person engaged in lawsuits)who lose their cases in the state supreme court may appeal their eases to the Supreme Court of the United States.     Thus, the typical court case begins in a trial court-----a court of general jurisdiction-----in the state or federal system. Most cases go no further than the trial court; for example, the criminal defendant is convicted by a trial and sentenced by the court and the case end; the personal injury suit results in a judgment by a trial court (or an out-of-court settlement by the parties while the court suit is pending) and the parties leave the court system. But sometimes the losing party at the trial court cares enough about the cause that the matter does not end there. In these cases, the "loser" at the trial court may appeal to the next higher court. 71. What does the passage mainly discuss?A. Civil and criminal trial courts.B. Typical court cases.C. The court system in the United States.D. The appeal court process. 72. According to the passage, district courts are also known as   .A. circuit courts       C. supreme courtsB. intermediate courts     D. trial courts 73. In the last sentence of the first paragraph, "engaged in" means   .A. committed to       C. involved inB. attentive to         D. absorbed in 74. The passage indicates that litigants who lose their cases in the state trial court may take them to a   .A. different court in the same stateB. federal trial courtC. state supreme courtD. court in another state 75. It can be inferred from the passage that typical court cases are   .A. always appealed   B. usually resolved in the district courts   C. always overlappingD. usually settled by the Supreme Court Passage 4 For 150 years scientists have tried to determine the solar constant, the amount of solar energy that reaches the Earth. Yet, even in the most cloud-free regions of the planet, the solar constant cannot be measured precisely. Gas molecules and dust particles in the atmosphere absorb and scatter sunlight and prevent some wavelengths of the light from ever reaching the ground.With the advent of satellites, however, scientists have finally been able to measure the Sun's output without being impeded by the Earth's atmosphere. Solar Max, a satellite from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), has been measuring the Sun's output since February 1980. Although a malfunction in the satellite's control system limited its observation for a few years, the satellite was repaired in orbit by astronauts from the space shuffle in 1984. Max's observations indicate that the solar constant is not really constant after all.The satellite's instruments have detected frequent, small variations in the Sun's energy output, generally amounting to no more than 0.05 percent of the Sun's mean energy output and lasting from a few days to a few weeks. Scientists believe these fluctuations coincide with the appearance and disappearance of large groups of sunspots on the Sun's disk. Sunspots are relatively dark regions on the Sun's surface that have strong magnetic fields and a temperature about 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than the rest of the Sun's surface. Particularly large fluctuations in the solar constant have coincided with sightings of large sunspot groups. In 1980, for example, Solar Max's instruments registered a 0.3 pement drop in the solar energy reaching the Earth. At that time a sunspot group covered about 0.6 percent of the solar disk, an area 20 times larger than the Earth's surface.Long-term variations in the solar constant are more difficult to determine. Although Solar Max's data have indicated a slow and steady decline in the Sun's output. Some scientists have thought that the satellite's aging detectors might have become less sensitive over the years, thus falsely indicating a drop in the solar constant. This possibility was dismissed, however, by comparing solar Max's observations with data from a similar instrument Operating on NASA's Nimbus 7 weather satellite since 1978. 76. What does this passage mainly discuss?A. The launching of a weather satellite.   B. The components of the Earth's atmosphere.   C. The measurement of variations in the solar constantD. The interaction of sunlight and air pollution, 77. Why does the author mention "gas" and "dust" in line 3 ?A. They magnify the solar constant.B. They are found in varying concentrations. o&%v"#H2  
Pm/i,T6&\  
k"&o)*d  
C. Scientific equipment is mined by gas and dustD. They interfere with accurate measurement of the solar constant. 78. According to the passage, scientists believe variations in the solar constant are related toA. sunspot activityB. unusual weather patternsC. increased levels of dustD. fluctuations in the Earth's temperature 79. Why did scientists think that Solar Max might be giving unreliable information?A. Solar Max did not work for the first few years.B. The space shuttle could not fix Solar Max's instruments.C. Solar Max's instrument were getting old.D. Nimbus 7 interfered with Solar Max's detectors.                 80. The attempt to describe the solar constant can best be described asA. an ongoing research effortB. an issue that has been resolvedC. a question that can never be answeredD. historically interesting, but irrelevant to contemporary concerns Passage 5 The economic expansion prompted by the Second World War triggered a spectacular population boom in the West. Of course, the region was no stranger to population booms. Throughout much of its history, western settlement had been characterized by spurts, rather than by a pattern of gradual and steady population growth, beginning with the gold and silver rushes of the 1850's and 1860's. The decade after the First World War --- the 1920's---witnessed another major surge of people pouring into the West, particularly into urban areas. But the economic depression of the 1930's brought this expansion to a halt; some of the more sparsely settled parts of the region actually lost population as migrants sought work in more heavily industrialized areas. By 1941 when the United States entered the Second World War and began to mobilize, new job opportunities were created in the western part of the nation.If the expansion of industries, such as shipbuilding and aircraft manufacturing, was most striking on the pacific coast, it also affected interior cities like Denver, Phoenix, and Salt Lake City, Equally dramatic were the effects of the establishment of aluminum plants in Oregon and Washington and the burgeoning steel industry in Utah and California The flow of people into these areas provided an enormous impetus to the expansion of the service industries --- banks, health care services and schools. Although strained to the limit by the influx of newcomers, western communities welcomed the vast reservoir of new job opportunities. At the same time, the unprecedented expansion of government installations in the West, such as military bases, created thousands of new civilian openings. As land had served as a magnet for western migrants in the late nineteenth century, so wartime mobilization set in motion another major expansion of population. Indeed, it could be said that the entire western United States became a giant boomtown during the Second World War. This was especially true of California. Of the more than eight million people who moved into the West in the decade after 1940, almost one-half went to the Pacific coast. In fact, between 1940 and 1950, California's population surged by more than three million people. 81. What is the main point of the passage?A. California dominated the economic growth of the West during the Second World War.B. Industrial growth during the 1940's attracted large numbers of people to the West.C. The military drew people away from civilian jobs during the 1940's.D. The West experienced gradual and steady economic growth from 1900 to 1940. 82. The word "triggered" in line 1 is closest in meaning toA. was connected toB. generatedC. interfered withD. illuminated 83. Why does the author mention "the gold and silver rushes of the 1850's and 1860's in the first paragraph?A. As causes of gradual population growthB. As contrasts to late patterns of population growthC. As illustrations of a market economy.D. As examples of western population booms. 84. According to the passage, the depression of the 1930's caused which of the following?A. A lack of population growth in the West.B. The building of new suburbsC. A creation of more job opportunities.D. A growth in immigration from abroad. 85. Which of the following statements about the shipbuilding industry is suggested by the passage?A. It came into being during the First World War.B. Many new shipbuilding yards were established on the Pacific coast during the 1940's.C. Denver was considered to be a poor location for shipbuilding factories.D. Shipbuilding was the dominant industry in Oregon and Washington. Paper Two VI. Translation (2S%) (30 minutes) A. Directions: Translate the following into Chinese. 12% Between 1500 and 1800, significant changes took place in the way educated Europeans saw their society. Important scientific discoveries were made and the enlightenment brought a new sense of responsibility and reason. In sprite of such changes, however, in the middle of the eighteenth century most people in the world (and perhaps most Europeans, too) could still believe that history would go on much as it seemed always to have done. The weight of the past was everywhere enormous and often it was immovable: some of the European efforts to shake it off have been touched upon, but nowhere outside Europe was even the possibility of doing so grasped. Though in many parts of the world a few people's lives had begun to be revolutionized by contact with Europeans, most of it was unaffected and much of it was untouched by such contamination of traditional ways. B. Directions: Translate the following into English 13% 博士生是高等教育中具有最高学术水准的学生群体。他们将在可预见的未来肩负起建设祖国的重任,在本世纪中国经济的腾飞中起重要作用。因此,博士生应该不仅具有精深的知识和尖端的技术,而且有较高的思想道德素质。他们能高瞻远瞩,时时以国家和人民的利益为重。他们应该意志坚定,充满活力,富有自我牺牲精神。他们乐于奉献才干和智慧,同时积极主动,不袖手旁观或坐享其成。他们要严于律己,宽以待人,胸襟开阔,懂得尊重他人。他们会全力以赴,坚定不移地去追求崇高目标,直至成功。 VIL Writing (15%) 30minutes) Directions: In this part, you are to write with 30 minutes a composition with On An All-Roundly Well-off Society as its title. Your composition should contain the three key points given below with a length of over 150 words, please remember to write clearly. 1. Your ideal all-roundly well-off society(全面小康的社会) 2. Some disadvantageous factors preventing China from realizing this goal 3. Possible solutions                         (完)
显示用户信息 
5楼  发表于: 2007-01-23   
附:华东师范大学2003年博士生入学英语考试答案 Part OnePart I     Listening Comprehension Section A1-5       ABCDB           6-10     BACDBSection B11-15     ABCDA           16-20     BAABA Part II     Vocabulary21-35     ACCDB           26-30     ABDCA31-35     DBDAD           36-40     ADBCC41-45     CBBAD           46-50     BCCDA Part III Error Identification51-55     CCCBB           56-60     ABABC Part IV     Reading61-65     BDDCD           66-70     CBDAA71-75     CDCCB           76-80     CDACB81-85     BBDAB Part   TwoPart VI     Translation A. 1500年至1800年间,有教养的欧洲人观察和理解社会的方式发生了重大的变化。当时许多重大的科学发现相继问世,启蒙运动给人们带来了一种全新的责任感和理性。然而,面对这些巨变,在18世纪中叶,世界上大多数人(或许也是欧洲的大多数人)仍然相信,历史将一如既往地延续。历史的包袱无处不在,如同磐石,难以摆脱:人们已谈到欧洲人为摆脱这种历史重负所作的某些艰难尝试,但是,当时在欧洲以外的任何地区,人们甚至对这种尝试的可能性都难以理解。尽管在许多地区,少数人通过与欧洲人的接触开始从根本上改变其工作方式,然而世界上大部分地区并未受到欧洲传统方式的玷污。 B.     Doctorate applicants are the group of students who have the highest academic level in higher learning. They will shoulder heavy responsibility for the construction of our country (They will be charged with important tasks of constructing our country) in the foreseeable future, and play a big role/part in China’s economic take-off this century. Therefore, they should not only have extensive and profound knowledge, master advanced techniques, but also have high ideological and moral standards. They should be able to look far ahead, aim high, and place the benefits of our country and people above everything else. They should be firm, vigorous and full of spirit of self-sacrifice. They are willing to devote their talent and wisdom. Meanwhile, they are to be active and initiative without looking on or seeking easy way out. With breadth of mind, they should be self-disciplined and tolerant of others, knowing how to respect them. They will go all out (do their endeavor) to pursue their noble goal persistently until they succeed.
级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
6楼  发表于: 2008-09-03   
感谢楼主,也太辛苦了!
级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
7楼  发表于: 2008-09-21   
感谢楼主。实在是太有用了
描述
快速回复

验证问题:
免费考博论坛网址是什么? 正确答案:freekaobo.com