考博报班 加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 每日签到
主题 : 2017考博英语翻译模拟试题及答案
级别: 总版主
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2016-07-21   

2017考博英语翻译模拟试题及答案

考博英语翻译部分看起来简单,其实很容易失分,英译汉是肯定不可以直译的需要直译意译互动原则;汉译英则需要意译法以求信、达和地道。freekaobo整理了2017考博英语翻译平日练习并给出了答案希望考生们根据译文揣摩练习。 Pxap;;\  
qdKh6{  
XA=|]5C  
As early as 100 years ago,studying abroad was seenas a strategy to strengthen the nationalpower.Now,more and more students crave forstudying abroad.Students nowadays are a bitaimless and casual when craving for studyingabroad, which leads to many problems like exhausting all the savings of their family,wastingtheir youths but ending up by giving up halfway and even becoming trouble-makingstudents”with many bad habits.It's better not follow the current craze of studying abroadblindly and it's most important to choose the direction fit for oneself,for“one can perform wellin any field”. jc3ExOH  
rD_Ss.\^g  
JiG8jB7%}  
  参考翻译: $XU-[OF%:9  
  早在100年前,出国留学就被视为一种强国之策。直至今日,越来越多的学生热衷于出国留学。但当下风行的留学热,掺杂着一定的盲目性和随意性,从而导致很多问题的发生,如许多留学生花掉家中积蓄,搭上个人青春,到头来却是半途而废,有的甚至成为恶习缠身的“问题学生。”最好不要盲目地跟随当前的这股出国留学热,选择适合自己的发展方向才是最重要的,因为“三百六十行,行行出状元”。 Vx0MG{vG1  
  1.被视为:可译为be seen as或be regarded as,beconsidered as等。 :h3#1fko  
  2.越来越多的:除了用more and more翻译以外,还可以用an increasing number of。  avF&F  
   3.留学热:可译为craze of studying abroad。其中craze意为“狂热”。 QSO5 z2|  
  4.恶习缠身的“问题学生”:可译为“trouble-making students”with many bad habits。 5.最好不要盲目跟随„:可译为It's better not follow...blindly。 B(HNB\3u  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2016-07-21   
Before printing was invented,a scholar had to copy characters one by one if he wanted to publish a new book.During the Northern Song Dynasty, Bi Sheng invented the movable-type printing after many years of experimentation.He engraved the characters on small pieces of clay,and heated them until they became hard movable characters.When print in ga book,people placed the move able characters in order into a whole block and then ran off aprint.After printing, they took the block apart and reused the characters later.This method was both economical and time-saving.China's movable-type printing first spread eastward intoKorea and Japan,then westward into Persia and Egypt,and at last,around the world.The invention of movable-type printing greatly promoted the cultural exchanges among countriesall over the world. ,i1fv "  
 M}_M_  
   参考翻译 C{lB/F/|!  
aC $h_  
  印刷术发明之前,想出版新书的学者必须一字一字地抄写。北宋时期,经过多年的实验,毕昇发明了活字印刷术(movable-type printing)。他把汉字刻在一小块泥胚(pieces of clay)上,加热汉字直到其变成硬的活字。印书时,人们按顺序将活字摆在一起,印出印迹。印刷完后,他们把字分开,以后重复使用。这种方法既经济又省时。中国的活字印刷术首先向东传至朝鲜和日本,之后向西传至波斯(Persia)和埃及,最后传遍全球。活字印刷术的发明大大促进了世界各国的文化交流。 + xkMW%e<  
ZVCv(J  
  1.印刷术:可译为printing。 Y+S~b  
^^W`Lh%9  
  2.出版新书:可译为publish a new book。 3.刻:即“雕刻”,可译为engrave。 !YuO N6{)  
*;~{_Disz  
  4.泥胚:可译为pieces of clay。clay意为“黏土,陶土”。 5.按顺序:可译为in order。 O;.d4pO(tC  
4.$hHFqS^5  
  6.向东传至朝鲜和日本:可译为spread eastward into Korea and Japan。 Xlgz.j7XR  
LQuYCfj|  
9 ;! uV>-H  
Relativity theory has had a profound influence on our picture of matter by forcing us to modify our concept of a particle in an essential way. (1)(In classical physics, the mass of an object had always been associated with an indestructible material substance, with some “stuff” of which all things were thought to be made.)Relativity theory showed that mass has nothing to do with any substance, but is a form energy. Energy, however, is a dynamic quantity associated with activity, or with processes.(2)(The fact that the mass of a particle is equivalent to a certain of energy means that the particle can no longer be seen as a static object, but has to be conceived as a dynamic pattern, a process involving the energy which manifest itself as the particle’s mass.) \n('KVbf  
lVO(9sl*i  
  (3)(This new view of particles was initiated by Dirac when he formulated a relativistic equation describing the behavior of electrons.) Dirac’s theory was not only extremely successful in accounting for the fine details of atomic structure, but also revealed a fundamental symmetry between matter and anti-matter. It predicted the existence of an anti-matter with the same mass as the electron but with an opposite charge. This positively charged particle, now called the positron, was indeed discovered two years after Dirac had predicted it. The symmetry between matter and anti-matter implies that for every particle there exists an antiparticles with equal mass and opposite charge. Pairs of particles and antiparticles can be created if enough energy is available and can be made to turn into pure energy in the reverse process of destruction.(4)(These processes of particle creation and destruction had been predicted from Dirac’s theory before they were actually discovered in nature, and since then they have been observed millions of times.) 6'X.[0M  
k/6G j}l'o  
  The creation of material particles from pure energy is certainly the most spectacular effect of relativity theory, and it can only be understood in terms of the view of particles outlined above.(5)(Before relativistic particle physics, the constituents of matter had always been considered as being either elementary units which were indestructible and unchangeable, or as composite objects which could be broken up into their constituent parts;)and the basic question was whether one could divide matter again and again, or whether one would finally arrive at some smallest indivisible units. uvAy#,  
9=sMKc%!-  
  全文翻译指导 b]s%B.h  
m78MWz]Yo  
  1.在古典物理中,某一物体的质量总是与一种不可毁灭的物质相关联。这是一种构成一切物质的“东西”。 U~QCN[gh  
v:so85(S<  
  2.某一粒子的质量相当于一定的能量,这一事实意味着该粒子不再被看作是一个静态的物体,而应该被看成是一种动态的形式,一种与能量表现为粒子质量相关的过程。 CMD`b  
:D)&>{?  
  3.这一新的粒子观是由迪拉克首创的,他列出了描述电子运动行为的相对论方程。 bU@>1>b6lE  
~P.-3  
  4.粒子生成和毁灭的过程在真正被发现之前,迪拉克的理论已经对它们作出了预测,从那时起人们对此做过数百万次的观测。 m0q`A5!)  
TPmZ/c^  
  5.在相对论粒子物理学诞生之前,人们一直以为物质的构成成分要么是不可毁灭和不可改变的基本单位,要么是可以分解为其构成部分的合成物。 p{pzOMi6  
V-o`L`(F`  
  总体分析 lQ(BEv"2G[  
y*TNJJ|  
  本文是一篇关于粒子物理理论的文章。 .$T:n[@  
E6d8z=X(  
  第一段:指出相对论改变了我们的粒子概念,从而影响了我们对物质的理解。 =Z$=-\<x0.  
z]4g`K+  
  第二段:指出这一粒子观点是由迪拉克首创的,他的理论揭示了物质和反物质的基本对称。该理论已经得到了证实。 6d?2{_},  
 ]9l%  
  第三段:纯能量创造物质粒子是相对论最惊人的影响。相对论观点的粒子物理学改变了人们对于物质的看法和理解。 oew]ijnB  
M%dl?9pbq  
  本文是一篇科普性说明文,属于正式文体。考生首要的任务是清楚地分析句子结构,并结合自己的物理常识准确把握生疏词汇,在此基础上完成翻译。本题考核的知识点:(一)被动语态。(二)定语,包括定语从句,分词作定语。(三)状语从句 3Tte8]0  
显示用户信息 
板凳  发表于: 2016-07-21   
There is no question that science-fiction writers have become more ambitious, stylistically and thematically, in recent years. (1) (But this may have less to do with the luring call of academic surroundings than with changing market conditions—a factor that academic critics rarely take into account.) Robert Silverberg, a former president of The Science Fiction Writers of America, is one of the most prolific professionals in a field dominated by people who actually write for a living. (Unlike mystery or Western writers, most science-fiction writers cannot expect to cash in on fat movie sales or TV tie-ins.) (2) (Still in his late thirties, Silverberg has published more than a hundred books, and he is disarmingly frank about the relationship between the quality of genuine prose and the quality of available outlet. )By his own account, he was “an annoyingly verbal young man” from Brooklyn who picked up his first science-fiction book at the age of ten, started writing seriously at the age of thirteen, and at seventeen nearly gave up in despair over his inability to break into the pulp magazines. (3)( At his parents’ urging, he enrolled in Columbia University, so that, if worst came to worst, he could always go to the School of Journalism and “get a nice steady job somewhere”.) During his sophomore year, he sold his first science-fiction story to a Scottish magazine named Nebula. By the end of his junior year, he had sold a novel and twenty more stories. (4) (By the end of his senior year, he was earning two hundred dollars a week writing science fiction, and his parents were reconciled to his pursuit of the literary life. )“I became very cynical very quickly,” he says. First I couldn’t sell anything, then I could sell everything. The market played to my worst characteristics. An editor of a schlock magazine would call up to tell me he had a ten-thousand-word hole to fill in his next issue. I’d fill it overnight for a hundred and fifty dollars. I found that rewriting made no difference. (5)( I knew I could not possibly write the kinds of things I admired as a reader—Joyce, Kafka, Mann—so I detached myself from my work.) I was a phenomenon among my friends in college, a published, selling author. But they always asked, “When are you going to do something serious?” —meaning something that wasn’t science fiction—and I kept telling them, “ When I’m financially secure.” sV4tu(~  
f0'Wq^^  
  参考答案 sYW)h$p;D  
8$xKg3-3M  
  1.但是这一点与其说是与学术环境具有诱惑力的召唤有关,还不如说是与变化的市场状况有关——一这是一个学术评论家很少考虑的因素。 jtOsb91c}  
0Y`tj  
  2.还不到四十岁,西尔弗伯格就已出版了一百多本书籍,而他对真正散文的质量与应时之作的质量之间的关系十分坦诚,毫无掩饰。 Y8xnvK*  
1&L){hg  
  3.在他双亲的敦促下,他报考了哥伦比亚大学,所以即便最糟他也能进入新闻学校,“将来总可以有一份稳定的好工作。” u z2s-,  
WHk/mAI-s  
  4.到大四结束的时候,他每星期写科幻小说已经可以赚两百美元了,而他的双亲也接受了他对于文学生涯的追求。 COJ!b  
x;]{ 8#-z  
  5.我知道我写不出作为读者的我所喜欢的东西,就像乔伊斯、卡夫卡、曼恩的作品,所以我不再那么关注我所写的东西。 r4>I?lD  
8 =Lv7G%  
  总体分析 ,^Srd20  
e9~4wt  
  本文介绍了科幻小说家罗伯特·西尔弗伯格。文章先指出科幻小说的繁荣与市场需求关系紧密,接着通过介绍多产的科幻小说家西尔弗伯格的创作经历予以说明。 ; SM^  
1EPOYvf%U  
  本文考查的知识点:后置定语、插入语、比较结构、同位语、上下文中词义的选择,等。 r/<JY5  
UN4) >\Y  
QYb?;Z   
Economics, as we know it, is the social science concerned with the production, distribution, exchange, and consumption of goods and services. Economists focus on the way in which individuals, groups, business enterprises, and governments seek to achieve efficiently any economic objective they select. (1) Other fields of study also contribute to this knowledge: Psychology and ethics try to explain how objectives are formed, history records changes in human objectives, and sociology interprets human behavior in social contexts. ,DO mh<b  
">&:(<  
  Standard economics can be divided into two major fields. (2) The first, price theory or microeconomics, explains how the interplay of supply and demand in competitive markets creates a multitude of individual prices, wage rates, profit margins, and rental changes. Microeconomics assumes that people behave rationally. Consumers try to spend their income in ways that give them as much pleasure as possible. As economists say, they maximize utility. For their part, entrepreneurs seek as much profit as they can extract from their operations. <vuX " 8  
?a9k5@s  
  The second field, macroeconomics, deals with modern explanations of national income and employment. Macroeconomics dates from the book, The General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money (1935), by the British economist John Maynard Keynes. His explanation of prosperity and depression centers on the total or aggregate demand for goods and services by consumers, business investors, and governments, (3) Because, according to Keynes, inadequate total demand increases unemployment, the indicated cure is either more investment by businesses or more spending and consequently larger budget deficits by government. W)~.o/;  
L=FvLii.  
  Economic issues have occupied people’s minds throughout the ages. (4) Aristotle and Plato in ancient Greece wrote about problems of wealth, property, and trade, both of whom were prejudiced against commerce, feeling that to live by trade was undesirable. The Romans borrowed their economic ideas from the Greeks and showed the same contempt for trade. (5) During the Middle Ages the economic ideas of the Roman Catholic church were expressed in the law of the church, which condemned the taking of interest for money loaned and regarded commerce as inferior to agriculture. c9@ jyq_H?  
F}DD;K  
  Economics as a subject of modern study, distinguishable from moral philosophy and politics, dates from the work, Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations (1776), by the Scottish philosopher and economist Adam Smith. Mercantilism and physiocracy were precursors of the classical economics of Smith and his 19th-century successors. <5}du9@  
A+DYIS  
  答案解析 `R?W @,@'  
p>O< "X@  
  1.其他领域的研究也有助于对此的理解:心理学和伦理学试图解释目标是如何形成的,历史记录着人们所追求的目标的变化,社会学则从社会环境的角度来解释人们的行为。 PCfs6.*5Mf  
3) 0~:  
  2.第一个领域,价格理论或微观经济学,解释在竞争的市场中供需间的相互作用是怎样导致了大量的个别价格、工资率、利润空间和租金的变化。 04d$_1:}a  
%.U{):lNx  
  3.因为,按照凯恩斯的理论,不充分的总体需求会增加失业,建议的解决方式是企业扩大投资或政府增加开支,继而增加预算赤字。 k4rB S  
"-:\-sMt{  
  4.古希腊的亚里士多德和柏图都在著作中谈到财富、财产和贸易问题,两人都对商业持有偏见,认为靠生意来谋生是不足取的。 =lD]sk  
0M98y!A 5^  
  5.在中世纪,罗马天主教会的经济学思想表达在其教法中,教法谴责从借贷中获利的行为,并认为商业地位劣于农业。 loe>"_`Cq  
R  |%  
  总体分析 wCmv/m  
VAt9JE;#  
  本文主要介绍了经济学的研究发展历史。 )&< ExJQ&  
x&vD,|V!  
  第一段:经济学的定义及研究对象。 #B9[U} 8  
i8.[d5  
  第二、三段:经济学的两大领域:微观经济学和宏观经济学。 gAP}KR#T  
-rlX<(pl)  
  第四、五段:经济学研究的古代和现代理论。 cvfAa#tq>  
显示用户信息 
地板  发表于: 2016-07-21   
 (1)(Any discussion of the American educational system would be less than complete if it did not mention the emphasis that many colleges and universities place upon the nonacademic, social,“extracurricular”aspect of education, often defined as personal growth.) Perhaps a useful way of viewing the notion of personal growth would be to picture the very large and general term“education” as being all-embracing, including as subsets within it academic and nonacademic components. 5zOSb$;  
]E^f8s0#V  
  This may be one of the most difficult concepts to convey to someone who is not intimately familiar with American higher education. Few educational systems in other countries place the same emphasis on this blend of academic and personal education. The majority of colleges and universities in the United States make some attempt to integrate personal and intellectual growth in the undergraduate years. (2)( If the ultimate goal of undergraduate education in America were simply to convey a set body of knowledge, the term of studies could undoubtedly be reduced. )Yet the terms of studies are extended in order to give students a chance to grow and develop in other ways. E2D8s=r  
<vDm(-i3  
  Numerous opportunities are made available to students to become involved in sports, student government, musical and dramatic organizations, and countless other organized and individual activities designed to enhance one’s personal growth and provide some recreation and enjoyment outside of the classroom. (3)(Experience with campus organizations and off-campus community involvement can be highly valuable in preparing international students for future leadership in their professional field upon their return home.) xS1|Z|&  
9YhsJ~"Q  
  The typical American college’s support for extracurricular activity is perhaps unique in the world, This special educational dimension, beyond the classroom and laboratory experience, does not mean that extracurricular participation is required to gain an American degree. It remains an entirely optional activity, but (4)(it is noted here because Americans have traditionally viewed success in one’s role as a citizen as closely linked to a “well-rounded”life that incorporates a variety of social, athletic, and cultural activities into a person’s experience.) 9zd/5|W  
I q \oB  
  A great many American campuses and communities have organized special extracurricular activities for students from other countries. (5)(On most campuses, one can find an international club, which includes Americans,)where students can get to know and learn socially from students from other countries, as well as Americans. International students are almost always invited, through organized hospitality activities, into the homes of Americans living in or outside the academic community. mM>|fHGA  
K~T\q_ZPZ  
  参考翻译 ku8c)  
%WR"85  
  1.如果对美国教育体系的讨论未能涉及许多学院及大学教育中非学术性的、社会的及“课程外”的方面,即其对个性成长的重视,那么这种讨论就不全面。 H_nJST<v`  
]M;! ])b$  
  2.假如美国本科教育的最终目的只是传授一定量的知识,那么学习的期限无疑就可以缩短。 c F]3gM  
H%aLkV!J  
  3.参与校园内的各种组织活动和校外团体活动的经验在培养国际学生归国后在其专业领域发挥领导作用方面是极有价值的。 >/bK?yT<  
B)8Hj).@B  
  4.在这里特别提到的是因为美国人历来认为,一个人作为社会公民的成功是与包括各种各样的社会、体育和文化活动的个人经历的全方位的生活紧密相关的。 Un{ln*AR\  
'U$VO q?!  
  5.在大多数的校园里都有国际俱乐部,成员包括美国学生。在俱乐部里,学生(包括美国学生)通过与来自其他国家的学生的社会交往相互认识并学习。 e 8<nP t`C  
v*'\w#  
  总体分析 NI:N W-!  
;NeEgqW "  
  本文主要介绍了美国教育系统注重培养学生课外活动能力,促进学生个性发展的特点。 ][#*h`I  
JZxF)] ^  
  第一至二段:指出美国本科教育努力将个性发展和智力发展相结合。 LfXr(2u  
5zna?(#}  
  第三至五段:这种教育特点与美国人关于成功的社会公民的观念相关,并有利于培养国际学生的领导和交际能力。 ABmDSV5i  
显示用户信息 
地下室  发表于: 2016-07-21   
The world is going through the biggest wave of mergers and acquisitions ever witnessed. The process sweeps from hyperactive America to Europe and reaches the emerging countries with unsurpassed might. Many in these countries are looking at this process and worrying: “Won‘t the wave of business concentration turn into an uncontrollable anti-competitive force?” [iy;}5XK  
<>Ddxmw  
   参考翻译 L#q9_-(#  
: ";D.{||  
  世界正在经历一场前所未有的巨大的并购浪潮。这个浪潮从异常活跃的美国席卷到欧洲,并以不可比拟的威力影响到正在崛起的国家。这些国家的许多人面对这个浪潮开始忧虑:“企业合并的浪潮会不会变成一股不可控制的反竞争的力量?” .|`=mx  
显示用户信息 
5楼  发表于: 2016-07-21   
 There’s no question that the big are getting bigger and more powerful. Multinational corporations accounted for less than 20% of international trade in 1982. Today the figure is more than 25% and growing rapidly. International affiliates account for a fast-growing segment of production in economies that open up and welcome foreign investment. In Argentina, for instance, after the reforms of the early 1990s, multinationals went from 43% to almost 70% of the industrial production of the 200 largest firms. This phenomenon has created serious concerns over the role of smaller economic firms, of national businessmen and over the ultimate stability of the world economy. G,|]a#w&v.  
 >fA@tUQB  
  无疑,大企业正在变得更大、更强。跨国公司在1982年只占有国际贸易不到20%的份额。而现在,这个数字上升到25%强,并且还在迅速上升。在那些对外开放并鼓励外资的国家的经济中国际分公司在国民生产中成为一个快速增长的部门。比如,在阿根廷,经过90年代初的改革之后,跨国公司在200家大型企业的工业生产中从43%增加到几乎70%。这个现象造成了人们对小型企业和民族资本的作用以及世界经济的最终稳定的严重忧虑。 >VUQTg  
显示用户信息 
6楼  发表于: 2016-07-21   
 I believe that the most important forces behind the massive M&A wave are the same that underlie the globalization process: falling transportation and communication costs, lower trade and investment barriers and enlarged markets that require enlarged operations capable of meeting customers‘ demands. All these are beneficial, not detrimental, to consumers. As productivity grows, the world’s wealth increases. f,HzrHax  
:e<`U~8m  
  我认为,推动这股巨大的并购浪潮的最主要的力量,也是推动全球化进程的力量,包括日趋下降的运输与通讯费用,较低的贸易与投资壁垒,以及市场的扩大和为满足市场需求而进行的扩大生产。所有这些对消费者来说都有益而无害的。随着生产力的提高,世界的财富也在增长 Lr?4Y  
显示用户信息 
7楼  发表于: 2016-07-22   
Examples of benefits or costs of the current concentration wave are scanty. Yet it is hard to imagine that the merger of a few oil firms today could re-create the same threats to competition that were feared nearly a century ago in the US, when the Standard Oil trust was broken up. The mergers of telecom companies, such as World Com, hardly seem to bring higher prices for consumers or a reduction in the pace of technical progress. On the contrary, the price of communications is coming down fast. In cars, too, concentration is increasing — witness Daimler and Chrysler, Renault and Nissan — but it does not appear that consumers are being hurt. 1ntkM?  
o!=l B fI  
  目前证明这股合并浪潮是带来利还是弊的实例并不多。但是很难想像当今的几个石油公司的合并是否会重新造成约100年前美国标准石油公司对竞争造成的同样的威胁,那时由于人们对该公司的这种担心而导致了它最终的解散。像世界通讯这样的通讯公司合并似乎没有给消费者带来更高的价格,或者降低技术进步的速度。相反,通信的价格在迅速下降。在汽车行业,合并也同样在增加——比如戴姆勒与克莱斯勒,雷诺与尼桑的合并——但消费者看起来并未受到伤害。 i2FD1*=/?  
显示用户信息 
8楼  发表于: 2016-07-22   
Re:2017考博英语翻译模拟试题及答案11
Theories of the value of art are of two kinds, which we may call extrinsic and intrinsic. The first regards art and the appreciation of art as means to some recognized moral good, while the second regards them as valuable not instrumentally but as objects unto themselves. It is characteristic of extrinsic theories to locate the value of art in its effects on the person who appreciates it. Art is held to be a form of education, perhaps an education of the emotions. In this case, it becomes an open question whether there might not be some more effective means to the same result. Alternatively, one may attribute a negative value to art, as Plato did in his Republic, arguing that art has a corrupting or diseducative effect on those exposed to it. q[)q|R|  
S$jV|xK B  
  The extrinsic approach, adopted in modern times by Leo Tolstoy in What Is Art in 1896, has seldom seemed wholly satisfactory. Philosophers have constantly sought for a value in aesthetic experience that is unique to it and that, therefore, could not be obtained from any other source. The extreme version of this intrinsic approach is that associated with Walter Pater, Oscar Wilde, and the French Symbolists, and summarized in the slogan “art for art’s sake”. Such thinkers and writers believe that art is not only an end in itself but also a sufficient justification of itself. They also hold that in order to understand art as it should be understood, it is necessary to put aside all interests other than an interest in the work itself. R81{<q'%X  
=&q-[JW  
  Between those two extreme views there lies, once again, a host of intermediate positions. We believe, for example, that works of art must be appreciated for their own sake, but that, in the act of appreciation, we gain from them something that is of independent value.(50)Thus a joke is laughed at for its own sake, even though there is an independent value in laughter, which lightens our lives by taking us momentarily outside ourselves. Why should not something similar be said of works of art, many of which aspire to be amusing in just the way that good jokes are? b46[fa   
W,HH *!  
  答案 c Pq Dsl3  
+}7E a:K   
  46.或者,人们可能会认为艺术具有负面的影响,像柏拉图在《理想国》一书中所认为的那样,艺术会影响那些接触它的人,使其堕落,或起不到教化作用。 }XX~ W}M(\  
Nm6Z|0S  
  47.哲学家们一直在不懈地探索审美体验中的价值。这种价值是独一无二的,因此不能从别处获得。 8_a$kJJ2  
Uvjdx(fY[a  
  48.他们还相信,为了以理解艺术的方式去理解艺术,必须放弃对其他方面的关注而只关注艺术作品本身。 *xE"8pN/  
Mw"xm9(Q  
  49.比如,我们认为艺术作品必须作为艺术品被人们欣赏,但是我们在欣赏艺术作品时也能从中获得一些具有独立价值的东西。 -?< Ww{  
1R=)17'O  
  50.因此,笑话是因为其本身而可笑,尽管笑声中有一种独立的价值,这一价值通过使我们在片刻中脱离自己而燃亮了我们的生命。 0?lp/|K  
M}Nb|V09  
  总体分析 OUEI~b1  
qwq/Xcv  
  本文是一篇关于艺术的价值的文章。其中主要论述的是唯美主义的“为艺术而艺术”的观点。 .FIt.XPzv  
~ X-)_zH  
  第一段:提出了艺术价值的两种理论,即内在理论和外在理论。对这两种理论做了具体阐释,并引出了对艺术效果的疑问。 uiktdZ/f  
1)TK01R8  
  第二段:指出列夫·托尔斯泰的外在理论不能令人满意,哲学家们一直关注探索的是艺术自身的价值体验。在该段中,作者引用了奥斯卡·瓦尔德以及法国象征主义的观点。 m#oh?@0}  
GWF /[%  
  第三段:在两种极端的观点之间,有一种居中的观点,即艺术作品必须作为他们本身而被体验,但是在体验的过程中,我们又确实得到了一些东西。该段作者用了例证法,以“玩笑”的价值为例来证明自己的观点。 &/Eg2  
]43alf F#  
  文章学术性较强,属于正式文体,因此长句、复合句颇多,其中引入了一些学术界人士的观点,所以有很大难度。通过该文章的阅读,考生应懂得拓宽知识面的重要性。 %1Bn_  
Q)09]hP[Xj  
  文章考查的知识点主要有:被动语态。状语,包括现在分词做状语、方式状语从句、目的状语从句和让步状语从句。定语从句。it做形式主语。 Z?m -&%  
x|]\1sb"  
  试题精解 \Sg<='/{L;  
KK?Zm_  
  46.[精解] 本题考核知识点:现在分词做状语、as引导的方式状语从句、定语从句的翻译。 r& vFikIz  
nD7|8,'  
  该句的主干成分是one may attribute a negative value to art,主语是泛指代词one,可译为“人们”。As引导的从句做方式状语,可译为“如同……,像……”。Arguing部分是现在分词做伴随状语,可以把它译成与主句并列的结构。句中的those 指代的是人,紧跟其后的exposed做后置定语修饰those,翻译时,按照汉语习惯,应该将定语提前。 bf& }8I$  
kmryu=  
  词汇:Alternatively表示二者择一,可以译成“或者,要不”。Attribute ..to“认为……属于”,在这里可以转译为“认为……具有”。Diseducative是educative的反义词,dis-是否定前缀,因此可以译为“起不到教化作用的”。Exposed本意是“暴露的”,在这里引申译成“接触”。 Ls&+XlrX8  
25UYOK}!  
  47.[精解] 本题考核知识点:并列定语从句的翻译 R)ERx z#  
z"tjDP  
  句子主干是Philosophers have constantly sought for a value in aesthetic experience,其后是两个由that引导的并列的定语从句。需注意的是:这两个定语从句修饰的先行词是value而非aesthetic experience。在英语语言中,为了避免头重脚轻常将较长的定语后置;在译成汉语时,要么遵从汉语习惯还原到名词之前,要么为了避免冗长的定语影响阅读,可以采用拆译法,将它们译成独立的两个并列分句。这里采用第二种方法。 >D 97c|?c  
[+;qWfs B  
  词汇:constantly“不变的,经常的”,在这里用来修饰“哲学家们的探索和寻找”,应该译成“一直或坚持不懈地”。aesthetic experience“审美体验”,unique“独一无二的”。Other source可直译为“其他来源”,也可意译为“别处”。 #Mh{<gk%ax  
/ /'Tck  
  48.[精解] 本题考核知识点:目的状语从句、方式状语从句、it作形式主语的翻译。 {jjSJIV1  
j`O7=-  
  该句的主干成分是they hold that…,that引导的宾语从句的主干是it is necessary to…。其中,it 做形式主语,真正的主语是to put aside…,翻译时应该直接译出真实主语的内容。在这里,将necessary一词的翻译提前更能突出“放弃”这一词的重要性。此外,宾语从句前面部分是一个目的状语从句in order to…,可以译成“为了……”。该目的状语中又包含了一个方式状语as it should be understood,as应译成“以……的方式”。 h;-a`@rO ;  
_5mc('  
  词汇:hold根据上下文译为“认为,坚信”。put aside原意是“忘记,不考虑,抛弃”,在文中和interests搭配应译为“放弃”。interest原意为“无趣,爱好”,根据上下文译为“关注”。 |'tW=  
L'l F/qe^  
  49.[精解] 本题考核知识点:并列宾语从句、定语从句、重点词组的翻译。 ['z!{Ez  
-T7%dLHY  
  该句主干是we believe that…, but that…。其中but 连接两个并列分句,二者之间为转折关系,在后一分句中包含了一个定语从句,即that is of independent value修饰不定代词something。 } ^i b  
=VNSi K>F  
  词汇:For one’s own sake为了某人自己的利益,这里应根据上下文活译成“作为艺术”。of independent value在这里是介词短语做定语,直译为“具有独立价值的”。 b.s9p7:J  
mLwoi!]m  
  50.[精解] 本题考核知识点:被动语态、让步状语从句、定语从句的翻译 UfO7+_2  
#O~XVuvF0  
  该句的主干是a joke is laughed at for its own sake,even though 引导的是让步状语从句,译为“尽管……”,翻译时,为了突出强调状语部分,可根据汉语习惯将其前置至句首。Which引导定语从句修饰laughter,因为定语部分较长,所以应该将其拆译成独立的一部分。 H6gU?9%  
K$H <}e3  
  词汇:lighten燃亮,照亮,该动词由形容词light转化而来。词性发生变化,词义有所保留。Momentarily片刻的。 BYi)j6"  
XF}rd.K:  
  全文翻译 $+cAg >  
f6!D L<  
  艺术价值理论有两种,我们称之为外在理论和内在理论。前者将艺术和对艺术的欣赏看作是达到某种公认的道德利益的手段;而后者看到的不是它们工具性的价值而是投向自身物体的价值。将艺术价值定位于其对艺术欣赏者的影响上是外在理论的特点。艺术被认为是一种教育形式,也许是一种情感教育。在这种情况下,是否有一些达到同样效果的更有效的方法还没有定论。或者,人们也许认为艺术有负面价值,正如柏拉图在他的《理想国》一书里所认为的那样,艺术会影响那些接触它的人,使其堕落,或起不到教化作用。 MxOD8TDF4  
mf' ]O,  
  现代社会中被列夫托尔斯泰吸收进1896年出版的《艺术论》一书中的外在理论,很少看起来完全令人满意。哲学家们一直在不懈地探索唯美体验中的价值。这种价值是独一无二的,因此不能从别处获得。这种内在理论的极端版本与华特·佩特、奥斯卡·王尔德及法国印象主义者联系在一起,并将这一理论概括成这样的口号:“为艺术而艺术”。这些思想家和作家相信:艺术不仅仅是它自身的终结也是对其自身的充分证明。他们还相信,为了以理解艺术的方式去相信理解艺术,必须放弃对其他方面的关注而只关注艺术作品本身。 /- 4$7qd  
3xNMPm  
  在这两种极端的观点之间,有一些折中的观点。比如,我们认为艺术作品必须作为艺术而被人们欣赏,但是我们在欣赏艺术作品时也能从中获得一些独立的价值。因此,笑话是因为其本身而可笑,尽管笑声中有独立的价值,这一价值又通过使我们在片刻中脱离自己而燃亮了我们的生命。为什么不可以用相似的事情来说明艺术作品呢,许多艺术作品渴望着与好的笑话一样具有娱乐性。 >`'O7.R  
级别: 论坛版主

显示用户信息 
9楼  发表于: 2016-08-08   
The Englishman has been called a political animal, and he values what is political and practical so much that ideas easily become objects of dislike in his eyes, and thinkers, miscreants, because practice is everything, a free play of the mind is nothing.(46) The notion of the free play of the mind upon all subjects being a pleasure in itself, being an object of desire, being an essential provider of elements without which a nation’s spirit, whatever compensations it may have for them, must in the long run, die of emptiness, hardly enters into an Englishman’s thoughts. It is noticeable that the word curiosity, which in other languages is used in a good sense, to mean, as a high and fine quality of man’s nature, just this disinterested love of a free play of the mind on all subjects, for its own sake—it is noticeable, I say, that this word has in our language no sense of the kind, no sense but a rather bad and disparaging one. But criticism, real criticism, is essentially the exercise of this very quality. (47)It obeys an instinct prompting it to try to know the best that is known and thought in the world, irrespectively of practice, politics, and everything of the kind; and to value knowledge and thought as they approach this best, without the intrusion of any other considerations whatever. (48)This is an instinct for which there is, I think, little original sympathy in the practical English nature, and what there was of it has undergone a long benumbing period of blight and suppression in the epoch of Romanticism. T[?6[,.  
}P9Ap3?  
  (49)It is of the last importance that English criticism should clearly discern what rule for its course, in order to avail itself of the field now opening to it, and to produce fruit for the future, it ought to take. The rule may be summed up in one word-disinterestedness. And how is criticism to show disinterestedness? By keeping aloof from what is called “the practical view of things”; by resolutely following the law of its own nature, which is to be a free play of the mind on all subjects which it touches. (50)By steadily refusing to lend itself to any of those concealed, political, practical considerations about ideas, which plenty of people will be sure to attach to them, but which criticism has really nothing to do with. Its business is, as I have said, simply to know the best that is known and thought in the world, and by in its turn making this known, to create a current of true and fresh ideas. Its business is to do this with inflexible honesty, with due ability; but its business is to do no more. (*\jbK  
a%BeqSZh  
  答案 }-@4vl x$  
G{9X)|d  
  46.对所有事物的自由思考本身就是一种乐趣,一种愿望,为民族精神提供了赖以生存的重要因素。离开这些因素,不管有其他什么样的补偿,一个国家的民族精神终究将会由于空洞而消逝。但是这种认识很难进入英国人的思想。 pS[KBQ"F  
7=XL !:P  
  47.它遵循一种本能,促使它不考虑实践、政治和所有类似的事物,汲取世界上知识和思想的精华;并且促使它在这个过程中不受任何其他考虑的侵扰,珍视知识和思想。 J*fBZ.NO  
&<pKx!  
  48.好奇是一种本能,但我认为,英国人讲究实际的本性中几乎找不到这一本能的痕迹;而且仅存的求知欲也在浪漫主义时代里,经历了长期的不良影响和压制而变得麻木了。 =~KsS }`1,  
SC &~s$P;  
  49.至关重要的是,英国的批评界若想利用向它敞开的领域,若想在将来有所收获,必须清楚应该为自己的发展道路选择什么样的原则。 C'A]i5  
*e#<n_%R  
  50.方法便是:坚决不为那些隐秘的、政治的和功利的观点服务,尽管很多人肯定会依附于这些观点,但批评活动却与它们毫不相干。 xI*#(!x"G  
B;K`q  
  总体分析 zTbVp8\pI  
hsKmnH@#  
  英国人素来看重政治和实际,而忽视自由思想和对事物的好奇心。然而对于批评界来说,他们的驱动力应该是对世界了解的欲望,而不是政治和实际。英国的批评界若想有所作为,必须清楚应该采取什么样的原则。按照作者的主张,英国的批评界应该以求知、传播和创新思想为己任,杜绝任何政治和功利因素的影响。 cbYLU\!  
VOTv?Vf  
  试题精解 ;Xvp6.:  
4*.K'(S5fx  
  46.[精解] 本题考核的知识点是:现在分词做定语、从句镶嵌的复杂结构、词义的选择。 k n [Y   
 Ez~'^s@  
  该句的主要结构是:The notion … hardly enters into an Englishman’s thoughts。notion后面连用了三个being现在分词定语,可译为简单的主谓句。但是,第三个分词状语中出现了一个定语从句修饰限定elements,而这个从句中又镶嵌了由whatever引导的状语从句,因此需要拆译,让它们独立成句。由于主干的谓语部分放在了最后,与主语空间上分离较大,需要按照汉语习惯,把原句的主干分离出来单译。除此以外,少数地方需要意译,使译文更顺畅,如:the free play of the mind可意译为“自由思考”。 RP5+d  
J[~5U~F  
  词汇方面:subject,“事物,对象”;provider意为“提供者”,该处可译为“源泉”;emptiness,“空洞,无意义”;固定短语in the long run表示“长远看来,久而久之”。 P^`duZ{T  
`1OgYs  
  47.[精解] 本题考核的知识点是:较长后置定语、介词短语作状语 ?E%ELs_Dl  
P + "Y  
  该句子的主干是It obeys an instict,现在分词结构prompting it to try to know… and to value knowledge and thought做后置定语。该分词结构中含有两个并列的不定式to try和to value,并且分别接有两个介词短语irrespectively of …和without …做状语。根据汉语习惯,将状语提前翻译。 l1U=f]  
9+s.w25R  
  词汇方面:prompt做动词,意为“促使,导致,激起”;irrespective of“不考虑,不管,不受……影响”;approach取其抽象含义,即“(思考问题的)方式、方法、态度”;inrusion“侵犯,侵扰”。 ~9)"!   
p[lNy{u~M  
  48.[精解] 本题考核的知识点是:代词指代、长串定语、词性变化。 dz [!-M  
~_IHaw$hg  
  该句子由and并列连接的两个分句组成。前一分句中,This指代上文中的curiosity,“好奇心、求知欲”。定语从句for which……修饰限定instinct,翻译时采用后置法。后一分句是个复合句,其结构比较简单,主要问题是一些结构和词义的灵活处理。what there was of it做主语,后面紧跟着谓语。宾语period前面有定语a long benumbing,后面也有定语 blight and suppression…,由于定语很长、名词中心语很短,而且这个名词中心语period比较特殊,它和定语的修饰限定关系是可逆的,因此翻译时可以把period作为定语,原文中的定语则译为中心名词。翻译定语benumbing时,词性发生转换,形容词译为动词“变得麻木”。 mkh"Kb*{  
%CUGm$nH  
  词汇方面:sympathy的英文释义是share the feelings of others; feeling of pity or sorrow for sth.,因此它不仅表示“同情”,还可以表示“认同,共鸣”,但是这些词义与原文搭配起来都不顺畅,因此可以弱化sympathy,而强化original含义中的origin,这句话可以译为“能够找到……的痕迹”。benumbing来自动词benumb,表示“使……变得麻木、迟钝”;blight,“不良影响”;suppression,“压抑、压制”;epoch,“时代、时期”。 ;w|b0V6  
AcI,N~~  
  49.[精解] 本题考核的知识点是:主语从句、宾语从句、词义选择。 l\M_-:I+4  
;,i]w"*  
  it是形式主语,指代that引导的主语从句,可以有两种处理方法:1)……(主语从句),这是极其重要的;2)极其重要的是……(主语从句中的内容)。在主语从句中,discern的宾语为what rule for its course …it ought to take,中间插入的是两个并列不定式做目的状语。 ~8"8w(CG*I  
\I"Z2N>^z  
  词汇方面: of the last importance“极端重要,极其重要”;动词词组avail oneself of sth.表示“利用、使用……”。 <<=WY_m}  
D`J6h,=2l/  
  50.[精解] 本题考核的知识点是:定语从句。 #ET/ =  
O=SkAsim  
  这句话是一个介宾结构,和上一句都是由介词by引导,表示方法途径,回答And how is criticism to show the disinterestedness?介宾结构有两个并列的定语从句which … but which …,修饰ideas,翻译时可采用后置法,做两个单独的主谓句。 .s+aZwTMT  
/ XnhmqWm%  
  词汇方面:lend itself to sth.表示“适合于某物”,此处可活译为“被……利用,屈从于……”。 ?bM_q_5  
7eWk7&Xul  
  全文翻译 ebPgYxVZR  
? 4H i-  
  英国人历来被称为政治动物,他们如此重视政治和实际的东西,以至于在他们眼中思想会很容易成为他们眼中讨厌的对象,而思想家也会成恶人。因为实际就是一切,自由的思想一文不值。对所有事物的自由思考本身就是一种乐趣,一种愿望,为民族精神提供了赖以生存的重要因素。离开这些因素,不管有其他什么样的补偿,一个国家的民族精神终究将会由于空洞而消逝。但是这种认识很难进入英国人的思想。值得注意的是,“好奇”这个词在其他语言中被用作褒义,意思是人性中高尚和美好的品质,即出于对所有事物一律给予自由思考的热爱。我说值得注意,是指“好奇”这个词在我们的语言中没有这种含义,而且还是糟糕的和贬损的含义。但是批评,真正的批评,本质上却正是这种品质的运用。它遵循一种本能,促使它不考虑实践、政治和所有类似的事物,试图汲取世界上知识和思想的精华;并且促使它在这个过程中不受任何其他考虑的侵扰,珍视知识和思想。好奇是一种本能,但我认为,英国人讲究实际的本性中几乎找不到这一本能的痕迹。仅存的求知欲也在浪漫主义时代里,经历了长期的不良影响和压制而变得麻木了。 p!k7C&]E  
\U|ZR  
  至关重要的是,英国的批评界若想利用向它敞开的领域,若想在将来有所收获,必须清楚应该为自己的发展道路选择什么样的原则。这种原则可以概括为一个词——客观。如何通过批评来表现客观呢?方法便是:远离所谓的“实际的观点”;坚决遵循自身的法则,即自由思考所有接触到的事物。坚决不为那些隐秘的、政治的和功利的观点服务,尽管很多人肯定会依附于这些观点,但批评活动却与它们毫不相干。正如我所提到的,好奇所要做的只是了解已知的和已经想到的最好的事物,接着将它公之于众,从而创造一股真实而新颖的思潮。它所要做的是用不变的诚实和应有的能力来完成上述行为,并且再无其他内容。 Og=*R6i  
描述
快速回复

验证问题:
免费考博网网址是什么? 正确答案:freekaobo.com
按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交